• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Season 24/25 | The Official Match Thread | Swansea City vs Norwich City | The EFL Championship

They've had a fortnight without games they should have been concentrating on their fitness in that time, although from what I saw of Harris he could turnout to be a star for us, in the time he's here. Bianchini looked overweight to me.
Problem is, It takes months to get really fit, especially if you are trying to peak once a week. There’s a few that need to see the dietician as a starter for ten, mind.

One of each, not that interesting really out of eight goals... 💁‍♂️
But you're mistaken, we've scored 5 goals not 8, including 1 own goal and 1 penalty, and only 6 teams have scored fewer. The og today got us 3 points thank god.

But you're mistaken, we've scored 5 goals not 8, including 1 own goal and 1 penalty, and only 6 teams have scored fewer. The og today got us 3 points thank god.
So, the 3 goals scored in the EFL Cup against Gillingham didn't happen then Gwyn?

Problem is, It takes months to get really fit, especially if you are trying to peak once a week. There’s a few that need to see the dietician as a starter for ten, mind.
Well they're "supposed" to be professional sportsmen footballers even its their livelihoods, the season finished end of May and they've supposedly had Pre-season at their former clubs, so they should be better equipped than what they appear to be.

Strange seeing our games with very few fans behind the goal and our core fans put in the corner. Which is opposite to what most other clubs do

Time to evolve and get clever with our smaller crowds

Strange seeing our games with very few fans behind the goal and our core fans put in the corner. Which is opposite to what most other clubs do

Time to evolve and get clever with our smaller crowds
Always wondered why they prefer to attack towards the South stand in the second half as well.

Oh so refreshing to see a matchday thread without the overt Moaner-girls doing their usual moaning thang.

Had we lost or earned a draw, this thread would be 300+ with the likes of armchair Moaner-girls like Moanmouth, St.Helen, LisaShepherdsgash banging their chops incoherently, as per after a coupla Gower Powers.

The always-half-empty non-Proper Jacks will have failed to see how yesterday’s performance has been coming, from multiple showings already this season. For some bizarre reason the non-Proper Jacks always focus on what went wrong. Proper loser thinking.

Proper Jacks, with the Swanseaway in their dna know what great looks like and always focus on the positive threads of attachment to that winning, Swanseway.

The facts are, 5000 fans have deserted us, and we limped to a 1-0 and fought like it was rorkes drift for 15 minutes.. but, but stats, data mun, the process, hard yards mun

Plenty of positives to take from yesterday's game: Cabango, Cooper and Grimes reminded us what they are capable of, Franco outstanding again, Ronald and Eom showing real potential. Of course we should be aspiring to finish in the top 6 - that should be the minimum goal for most clubs in this division - but no one is seriously saying we are contenders for that as things stand. Not even the manager. In fact there are far more people predicting we'll be in the bottom six come the end of the season. So on that basis, Saturday was a good day for us - we did not perform like relegation contenders, and we were playing a team that is certain to be top 10, if not top 6, come the end of the season. Plus it was a very enjoyable game, and we haven't had many of those in recent years.

On Skippyjack's point about losing 5,000 supporters, I have argued previously that we can learn a lot from Norwich. They expanded their ground and encouraged young supporters to attend games and get in the habit of attending matches week in, week out, and now they fill their stadium even when they on the TV. And the extra income they get as enabled them to become an established EPL yo-yo club. The Liberty has had far too many fairweather season ticket-holders since day one, who only attended matches against 'big' clubs even in the Premier League. We need to work harder to engage the next generation, and keep them coming.

I'd be quite happy for Cullen to lead the line from the start. But Vipotnik needs to come on early enough to make a difference, and we need to get the ball to him. Having been quite gloomy after the last game and the end of the transfer window with only Cullen and Vipotnik as strikers, I thought 'well he is a Slovenian international, got to have more to his game than we've seen so far'.

We do need to be shooting from distance though. Our reluctance to do that under Martin was what turned me against his style of play in the first place, long before the walking football did my head in.
You cant win a raffle unless you buy a ticket; Grimes needs to have a go more often, as he showed for example, last season v Leivcester and Millawall

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back