• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Second wave

Jackfath said:
Yet we can "ram" 1000+ people into school buildings.

What is the craic with schools when they go back?

Business as usual or are there new measures in place? I haven't got children of school age, so haven't been paying much attention to it.

Business as usual as far as possible. Social distancing in place. One way systems around buidings to avoid contact. Staggered start/break times. Groups kept in bubbles. We will see what the flu season brings.

Jackfath said:
Business as usual as far as possible. Social distancing in place. One way systems around buidings to avoid contact. Staggered start/break times. Groups kept in bubbles. We will see what the flu season brings.

Well that's fair enough.

It's different to the DVLA for example, where I'd imagine a lot of people can work from home.

As you know, children can't be educated sufficiently from home, so a compromise has to be had. We've got to accept that we are going to have to live with this now, and for possibly years to come.

Jackfath said:
Blended learning is the future.

How would that work for children who's parents work full time?

I'm assuming that it is a mix of normal schooling and home schooling?

Or for teachers who have school age children?

Who knows.

Neath_Jack said:
Jackfath said:

Well that's fair enough.

It's different to the DVLA for example, where I'd imagine a lot of people can work from home.

As you know, children can't be educated sufficiently from home, so a compromise has to be had. We've got to accept that we are going to have to live with this now, and for possibly years to come.
You’d be surprised. Most of the people who do the actual work can only do it on site.

Jackfath said:
What do the ones who don't do the actual work do?

I was being slightly flippant but I meant the operational staff who process the stuff that ends up making a difference to people’s everyday lives. Licences etc. That can’t be done at home.

After all we’ve been through over the last four months anyone that has fucked off to Spain the minute the government says it’s safe to deserve all they get.
Thick twats

Darran said:
After all we’ve been through over the last four months anyone that has fucked off to Spain the minute the government says it’s safe to deserve all they get.
Thick twats

Including the Secretary of State for transport. :lol:

exiledclaseboy said:
Darran said:
Thick twats

Including the Secretary of State for transport. :lol:

Good hiding he wants.

exhmrc1 said:
One of the things that I find most odd is to wear facemasks in shops where there is minimal time next to someone

I've just come back from our local Lidl. As far as I could tell, everyone there, staff & customers, were all very courteous regarding personal space and were all wearing masks - thankfully because I spent a quite normal 10-12 minutes between 2 people in the queue in an aisle alongside people who were still browsing. Is this 10-12 minutes the "minimal time next to someone" you were referring to?

We have not yet become accustomed to the fact this virus is ,for the foreseeable future,with us to stay. Those,seeing themselves as somehow tougher than the rest do not like/want to wear a mask.God Help us,many see it as an infringement on civil liberty.

Ive been to a shop now and seen 3 not wearing masks and simply glared at them.All averted their eyes.

This virus is killing countless thousands per day and yet still we are more concerned with losing holidays/not being able to go to weddings,having stag /hen pissups or get ratarsed in a pub cuddling up to a chum .And we wonder why.

And your last bit here is why we will see more spikes than we should. People are seeing this more of a hindrance than a reason to change their ways to a new normal to get control of this awful virus.

Reality has hit me that this is going to be around for longer than I first thought/hoped.

Must add, agree with Darren that these people who have booked or are still thinking on going away are stupid. I understand that we have to get the economy moving but not to the benefit of people's health..... Health should be everyone's priority first and foremost.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back