• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Second wave

Swanjaxs said:
🐱

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53552557

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53560759

BOOM!

:lol:

Edit, didnt mean to quote you SJ

KrunchyKarrot said:
Swanjaxs said:
🐱

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53552557

Cant see how we can carry on with this policy. They will have to narrow it down somehow.
Germany are being specific to the three regions (Catalonia, Aragón and Navarra) that have high levels- these are a genuine problem. Most of the remainder of Spain has similar or lower cases per 100,000 than the U.K. the islands considerably lower. I would suggest risk in Tenerife is lower than Torquay. Croatia for example is higher than Spain. (Based on current Dutch data mapping). A targeted approach would be better, but hey, government decisions are rarely based on the actual scientific data

Professor said:
KrunchyKarrot said:
Cant see how we can carry on with this policy. They will have to narrow it down somehow.
Germany are being specific to the three regions (Catalonia, Aragón and Navarra) that have high levels- these are a genuine problem. Most of the remainder of Spain has similar or lower cases per 100,000 than the U.K. the islands considerably lower. I would suggest risk in Tenerife is lower than Torquay. Croatia for example is higher than Spain. (Based on current Dutch data mapping). A targeted approach would be better, but hey, government decisions are rarely based on the actual scientific data

Paul.Is there a definitive, proven means of fighting this virus.
If not,what is best.

Looks as if Belgium could be going on lockdown soon. To go from lockdown, to opening pubs, partying and going of continental holidays within the space of a few weeks is asking for trouble

Sa2 jack said:
Professor said:

If not,what is best.

The best overall approach includes:
- Protecting the vulnerable
- Increasing personal hygiene levels
- adopting a healthy lifestyle
- maintaining social distancing rules
- local lock downs in areas where there is a spike in cases
- use of masks
- business as usual wherever possible

Cooperman said:
Sa2 jack said:
If not,what is best.

- use of masks

All of this. Cooperman says it all really.
Working from home helps. I will be apart from a few teaching sessions for the rest of this year. Use shopping delivery and local shops. I would avoid gyms to be frank. Walking and cycling instead. Be patient.

Sa2 jack said:
Professor said:

If not,what is best.
Everything cooperman said. Prevention is best. Naxalone (steroid) and some anti-virals (redesmivir) help in severe cases. Interferon beta (which is part of the normal anti-viral immune response) looks promising as a treatment. Unlike bacterial infections it is difficult to ‘cure’ viral infections. Usually the other way round with vaccines. Other treatments are being put forward but no solid evidence of anything very effective and are drugs with big side effects

Professor said:
Cooperman said:
- use of masks

All of this. Cooperman says it all really.
Working from home helps. I will be apart from a few teaching sessions for the rest of this year. Use shopping delivery and local shops. I would avoid gyms to be frank. Walking and cycling instead. Be patient.

Thanks.
Went to Total Fitness yesterday .Felt safe enough. I did go in dressed for work out,had gloves on and cleaned down equipment before and after use. I walk 6 mls per day and cycle 120 mls per week. It gets tedious though

So, is the second wave coming or what? Is it even an actual second wave or just the logical result of everything reopening? Because I'd like to know, I had been planning since last year to get myself some of that real estate in Spain for the holidays, I postponed it last year to 2020 because of professional reasons, and then there was the coronavirus lockdown, and I'd like to buy it before next year so that I can organise everything and have actual summer holidays this time.

ViggenAJ37 said:
So, is the second wave coming or what? Is it even an actual second wave or just the logical result of everything reopening? Because I'd like to know, I had been planning since last year to get myself some of that real estate in Spain for the holidays, I postponed it last year to 2020 because of professional reasons, and then there was the coronavirus lockdown, and I'd like to buy it before next year so that I can organise everything and have actual summer holidays this time.

Trust me,nobody loves the sun,swimming in warm blue waters and great food in convivial company more than me,but times like thee are different for us all.Most that we love are potentially dangerous .

If we have to wait 2 yrs for a vaccine then it will be worth it.

It's a balance. Holiday now and possibly die or stay home ,as more chance of surviving here -as long as our feckwits aren't allowed to do as they please.

Ive no doubt, we wont see sport played in stadia for 18 months ,theatres will close,bands wont play live to audiiences ,millions of jobs will go and shops and businesses will vanish.

Thanks China

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back