• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

South Wales derby Final?

Simple math really. The population of those looking for such trouble of yesteryear is diminishing.

By your logic the bubble will never go away, which is even more of a bizarre concept

JMD said:
Simple math really. The population of those looking for such trouble of yesteryear is diminishing.

By your logic the bubble will never go away, which is even more of a bizarre concept

Do feel you need a bit of educating here, IF there were no bubble, there would be plenty with no interest in football coming outa the woodwork for a row. All about fans safety this day n age, and sadly that won't be guaranteed.

JMD said:
As it goes I think the nasty edge to the rivalry is dying with every year, and in possibly 10 years, fans will be able to travel on matchday quite freely

Hopefully in 10 years time people in general won't want to smack someone because they like supporting a different sports team.

Won't happen, though.

PencoedJack said:
JMD said:
As it goes I think the nasty edge to the rivalry is dying with every year, and in possibly 10 years, fans will be able to travel on matchday quite freely

Can’t see it myself.

The euros helped but there is still pure hatred between both sets of fans.

If it is a final between us both, I dread to think what could happen at future Wales games. CCFC fan wouldn't let it go whatever the result.

JMD said:

I agree in a way that the rivalry is dying.

The 3 seasons 2008-11 when both teams were competiting at the top end of the league, Cardiff had their best recent side and we had a great team too. New stadiums, last derby at NP, that league cup game. You could just feel the hatred.

Those 2013 and 2014 games where we played them in red just didn't feel like Cardiff, plus we had a much better side.

This season was alright, but they have a terrible side and play awful football. Maybe with Wales doing better now has helped subdue the rivalry, and also a lot of their 'hardcore' fans haven't returned since the rebrand.

Geography means it well never be a friendly derby

Most derbies, Merseyside, London, Sheffield, Bristol, Manchester, The fans live and work together and you even get rival fans within the sme family. The exception being Glasgow where its on sectarian grounds.

The really bitter derby's are between teams about 30/40 mile apart. south wales, Man U- Liverpool. Man u - leeds. Any closer and the fans know each other personally and so get on outside of football, any further away and its not really a derby eg us and Bristol Cit.

I live and do missionary work in a CF postcode so most of the people i have contact with are Liverpool fans, only joking Cardiff fans. On the whole they are good people, especially the people i know connected with CCFC and when being honest they have praised Swansea city over the last 10 years. There are a few d1ckheads, but they are d1ckheads even when not discussing football and when they've had a drink they become a problem. All of them cannot bear the thought of losing to us. When i called into the local chippy on the Sunday evening after we'd beaten them in the autumn ( and wales had lost to SA) it genuinely felt like a morgue in the queue. I was smiling massively inside of course.

If we make it, I would 100% prefer to play Fulham

JBT95 said:
JMD said:

The 3 seasons 2008-11 when both teams were competiting at the top end of the league, Cardiff had their best recent side and we had a great team too. New stadiums, last derby at NP, that league cup game. You could just feel the hatred.

Those 2013 and 2014 games where we played them in red just didn't feel like Cardiff, plus we had a much better side.

This season was alright, but they have a terrible side and play awful football. Maybe with Wales doing better now has helped subdue the rivalry, and also a lot of their 'hardcore' fans haven't returned since the rebrand.
Oh the bad feeling is and always will be there. The infestation of our site when they went up along with the nonsense they write on theirs prove it.
Should the unthinkable happen and they go up, or possibly us beat em in the final, then you'll be in no doubt that wont change.
If people are that convinced the rivalry is diminishing, take away the bubble. See what happens.

sainthelens said:
JBT95 said:

Oh the bad feeling is and always will be there. The infestation of our site when they went up along with the nonsense they write on theirs prove it.
Should the unthinkable happen and they go up, or possibly us beat em in the final, then you'll be in no doubt that wont change.
If people are that convinced the rivalry is diminishing, take away the bubble. See what happens.

Okay maybe dying is the wrong word to use. I think when we play each other it's just not as intense as it was in 08-11. I think a lot of that has to do with them being rebranded and having a far worse team, Wales doing better etc. It might just be as I'm not a teenager anymore as well!!

I do hate them though and hope they lose every game.

MrSwerve said:
JMD said:

Hopefully in 10 years time people in general won't want to smack someone because they like supporting a different sports team.

Won't happen, though.

Fans have been doing this for years,decades.

PencoedJack said:
JMD said:

Can’t see it myself.

The euros helped but there is still pure hatred between both sets of fans.

The older gen like you and saint, both in your 50’s and need to grow up, but you never will, will you? Too many beatings back in the day no doubt. Those in their 20’s now probably don’t think the same, it’s all a bit 1980’s dinosaur init? You want to go to jail for something that probably wouldn’t even get you a ban 25 years ago....

Sa2 jack said:
MrSwerve said:

Won't happen, though.

Fans have been doing this for years,decades.

Exactly, it's idiotic but there we are.

JBT95 said:
sainthelens said:

Okay maybe dying is the wrong word to use. I think when we play each other it's just not as intense as it was in 08-11. I think a lot of that has to do with them being rebranded and having a far worse team, Wales doing better etc. It might just be as I'm not a teenager anymore as well!!

You make some valid points, the rivalry will always be there as it is endemic in Swansea anyway about general stuff like we get everything bollocks. Most of the loons are mid 50’s or almost 50 now, if they go at all it will be with their kids maybe, or even grandkids like a few I know. Let alone the rebrand, the move from ninian did it for many, the end of an era. The fact I dint think there has ever been an incident at the new stadium proves this. That might not have happened for you lot as when you moved you had your most success ever and never really had a hooligan problem anyway.

benny said:
JBT95 said:

You make some valid points, the rivalry will always be there as it is endemic in Swansea anyway about general stuff like we get everything bollocks. Most of the loons are mid 50’s or almost 50 now, if they go at all it will be with their kids maybe, or even grandkids like a few I know. Let alone the rebrand, the move from ninian did it for many, the end of an era. The fact I dint think there has ever been an incident at the new stadium proves this. That might not have happened for you lot as when you moved you had your most success ever and never really had a hooligan problem anyway.
Too many beatings back in the day ? :lol: The only beating you ever got involved with was when you have yer pants down writing on here you tw@t.

sainthelens said:
benny said:
Too many beatings back in the day ? :lol: The only beating you ever got involved with was when you have yer pants down writing on here you tw@t.

Come on saint, Swansea was taken over during the 80’s by ccfc until the final humiliation being chased out of your own city in 1991. That must have caused your hatred I guess, what else can it have been? Mid 50’s now pal, time to let it go......

benny said:
sainthelens said:

Come on saint, Swansea was taken over during the 80’s by ccfc until the final humiliation being chased out of your own city in 1991. That must have caused your hatred I guess, what else can it have been? Mid 50’s now pal, time to let it go......
Nah,wrong again dippy.
When yer lot make hissing noises, chants about Terry Cole and even try sabotaging a charity footy match organised by one of our lads on yer patch....THAT basically is it. What's your excuse? Just bitter I'm guessing.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back