• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Spain

Serious cases? Asymptomatic cases? Cases picked up by community testing rather than hospital admission?

Numbers are meaningless without context, as the article below covers.

[urlhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53656852?fbclid=IwAR06wXKTamyutujFBkCk024CFx-jv2cbMSzpjzQ5vz3OR72Fik3jAmUEsL4url]

Code:
Dr. Winston said:
Serious cases? Asymptomatic cases? Cases picked up by community testing rather than hospital admission?

[urlhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53656852?fbclid=IwAR06wXKTamyutujFBkCk024CFx-jv2cbMSzpjzQ5vz3OR72Fik3jAmUEsL4url]

Mainly community and largely young people with little or no disease. Covid disease and deaths remain low in Spain. Overall mortality rates are dropping as we find more and more carriers. Still a worry, but many countries are getting testing right now. It's our contact tracing that's a big problem.

It's all still a first wave, as nowhere for levels that low. I expect to see lots of spikes, but would hope these are not widespread. The original UK epidemic was not one, but thousands of small epidemics. Hopefully we pick these up now. Expect to see cities or even regions on lockdown, but less likely to be a blanket provision, If it is we are in big trouble

Dr. Winston said:

The OP rarely looks at the bigger picture. However, in his defence those that should publish the big picture rarely do so and this is another massive failing of the government. One of the reasons that I stopped watching the daily briefings was due to the fact that their data presentation was meaningless and secondary school children could have done a better job of providing a holistic picture. The BBC are no better; in this case they have taken the time to write a lengthy piece but then fail to provide the full portfolio of graphical data sets that are out there.

Cooperman said:
Dr. Winston said:

The OP rarely looks at the bigger picture. However, in his defence those that should publish the big picture rarely do so and this is another massive failing of the government. One of the reasons that I stopped watching the daily briefings was due to the fact that their data presentation was meaningless and secondary school children could have done a better job of providing a holistic picture. The BBC are no better; in this case they have taken the time to write a lengthy piece but then fail to provide the full portfolio of graphical data sets that are out there.

He’s controversial mun.

New cases in Spain have shot up by many times. It's a huge increase in percentage and is a huge spike. Deaths seem to be down worldwide for the amount of cases. I don't know why this is.It could be many reasons. The virus could be weakening, treatment could be better, it could be affecting the young more so than the vulnerable.

Hopefully what we are seeing is localised spikes rather than a second wave, but this virus does seem to spread in clusters, so calling it localised is untrue as that is it's nature.

Cooperman said:
Dr. Winston said:

Had a zoom with family in Spain this morning. People tend to forget the length of the country is well over 1000 kms. Most infections are in the North and traced to party's and family gatherings. Then across from Malaga upwards but not a lot. Where they live in cadiz there is one person in icu. The cadiz province is far bigger than Wales as I understand it. With 14 new infections.
I suppose as long as people soak up our news here in the UK which is clearly designed to take the British people's eye off our own covid issues there will be a picture painted which is massively untrue.
Not forgetting of course this country's attempts at a lockdown was pathetic compared to Spain. The govt needs to deflect their failings in some way, Spain is an ideal foil.

And China! Spain has a population a third less than the UK too. So compared to the Uk nationally it's a lot worse

controversial_jack said:
And China! Spain has a population a third less than the UK too. So compared to the Uk nationally it's a lot worse

Apples and pears.

Cooperman said:
controversial_jack said:

Apples and pears.

OOOOO! Are we making cider and perry!

:mrgreen:

Cooperman said:
controversial_jack said:

Apples and pears.

Have a cockney walkabout.

Professor said:
It's our contact tracing that's a big problem.

I have a certain sympathy about the contact tracing. I know how hard it is sometimes to get people to answer their phone when you call them, even from an official number. Hell, unless I know specifically who is calling I rarely answer my own. Even a digital based system requires everyone to fully participate, public too.

Belfy said:
Cooperman said:

Had a zoom with family in Spain this morning. People tend to forget the length of the country is well over 1000 kms. Most infections are in the North and traced to party's and family gatherings. Then across from Malaga upwards but not a lot. Where they live in cadiz there is one person in icu. The cadiz province is far bigger than Wales as I understand it. With 14 new infections.
I suppose as long as people soak up our news here in the UK which is clearly designed to take the British people's eye off our own covid issues there will be a picture painted which is massively untrue.
Not forgetting of course this country's attempts at a lockdown was pathetic compared to Spain. The govt needs to deflect their failings in some way, Spain is an ideal foil.

Spot on. We have family visitors over this week enjoying a normal holiday. At the beach yesterday, plenty of locals and tourists enjoying sun sand and sea, everyone observing social distancing. Have visited several bars and restaurants this week, no problem at all. This area has had virtually no cases since the crisis began. Apart from everyone wearing masks when out and about as per government regs, you wouldn't know there's a crisis.
More Boris bullshit. If anyone saw that documentary on BBC1 last night about the two twin brother doctors, it re-inforced my view that the whole UK cabinet ought to be up on corporate manslaughter charges for their treatment of care homes. Tory bast*rds.

Pegojack said:
Belfy said:

Spot on. We have family visitors over this week enjoying a normal holiday. At the beach yesterday, plenty of locals and tourists enjoying sun sand and sea, everyone observing social distancing. Have visited several bars and restaurants this week, no problem at all. This area has had virtually no cases since the crisis began. Apart from everyone wearing masks when out and about as per government regs, you wouldn't know there's a crisis.
More Boris bullshit. If anyone saw that documentary on BBC1 last night about the two twin brother doctors, it re-inforced my view that the whole UK cabinet ought to be up on corporate manslaughter charges for their treatment of care homes. Tory bast*rds.

I suppose we can interpret the statistics as we are fed them. I understand that the deaths are reported differently in Spain ( i know they are still dead) but it make the Infection and death rate look quite similar in both countries.
I am supposed to be in Malaga today but have had to cancel that because of the quarantine rules. My wife's colleague is in so much trouble when she returns. My family in Malaga are bemused at the UK decision because of how seriously the Spanish have adhered to the Government policies during the lockdown and how shambolic it appeared over here. They are still keeping afloat financially but it is a struggle and BorisBumble has certainly made things more difficult but maybe he is helping the UK tourist economy in an underhand manner?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back