• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Steve Cooper on verge of Swansea exit

PSumbler said:
Chief said:
Cooper's given an interview on the official site about the friendly win today over Newport amongst other things? Does that sound like a manager that's negotiating a mutual agreement to leave?

Did he say that any of the rumours were rubbish and he is definitely staying - as said happy to be wrong on this if that is how it turns out but I still have no reason to doubt what I have been told.

And to Sham - just cheer up is it? ;) :lol: Whats the point of a forum if you don't have debate and discussion.

I won’t believe until I see it as an UpDatE.

I don't know what's more embarrassing

The thought of us keeping Cooper despite him touting himself out cheaper than a High Street prostitute or

The fact that some fans are disgusted with other fans for daring to suggest he could be or should be on his merry way. Tidy results, dire football, touted himself out even to clubs at this level. Sorry needs binning.

Fans of second paragraph persuasion would probably also let their wife cheat with their best friend. And buy them a drink after. Because their relationship is ok normally but pretty unspectacular

PSumbler said:
Skippyjack said:
I'm assuming that Cooper knows f*ck all about it, with his interview a few minutes ago, these Americans eh

You could assume that but it doesn't necessarily follow

Anyway on a lighter note I have a week off work and that makes me happy and makes me remember that this is football. It's just a game.

If this information - which came from a very good source - is proved to be correct. If it is right I will be happy as the football standard may improve. If it isn't then I will happily admit it was wrong but it's largely tiring with some of the comments that come back which frankly are not constructive or worthy of debate. That is largely twitter mind which has amused me no end this afternoon.

I did read it on the Twittersphere very funny :lol:

Skippyjack said:
PSumbler said:
You could assume that but it doesn't necessarily follow

Anyway on a lighter note I have a week off work and that makes me happy and makes me remember that this is football. It's just a game.

If this information - which came from a very good source - is proved to be correct. If it is right I will be happy as the football standard may improve. If it isn't then I will happily admit it was wrong but it's largely tiring with some of the comments that come back which frankly are not constructive or worthy of debate. That is largely twitter mind which has amused me no end this afternoon.

I did read it on the Twittersphere very funny :lol:

It was an amusing exchange and its definitely so on Twitter that they don't believe anything unless you divulge your source of course nobody ever does that but its amusing as to how placing "a club insider" inside the article makes it more credible...

Still anyway it came from Instagram, someone on Twitter told me and they provided screen shots and everything

PSumbler said:
Chief said:
Cooper's given an interview on the official site about the friendly win today over Newport amongst other things? Does that sound like a manager that's negotiating a mutual agreement to leave?

Did he say that any of the rumours were rubbish and he is definitely staying - as said happy to be wrong on this if that is how it turns out but I still have no reason to doubt what I have been told.

And to Sham - just cheer up is it? ;) :lol: Whats the point of a forum if you don't have debate and discussion.

No, although he's probably not even aware of the rumours nor was he asked about them.

Just think it's a bit strange that we don't hear from him all summer then he gives an interview about standard pre-season stuff when he's apparently on the brink of going!

Chief said:
PSumbler said:

No, although he's probably not even aware of the rumours nor was he asked about them.

Just think it's a bit strange that we don't hear from him all summer then he gives an interview about standard pre-season stuff when he's apparently on the brink of going!

Isn't it. Let's see what the future holds, I've stated my stance on this - been reading all day that I know nothing, have no sources and am never right so happy to add one more to the list ;) :lol:

When he gets his five year contract tomorrow and stays for a long time then I'll be wrong. When he leaves Monday morning then I maybe right.

Either way I am comfortable in my skin as they say :eek: :lol:

PSumbler said:
Chief said:

Isn't it. Let's see what the future holds, I've stated my stance on this - been reading all day that I know nothing, have no sources and am never right so happy to add one more to the list ;) :lol:

When he gets his five year contract tomorrow and stays for a long time then I'll be wrong. When he leaves Monday morning then I maybe right.

Either way I am comfortable in my skin as they say :eek: :lol:

Yea don't get me wrong I'm looking at it purely from the facts that I know.

People such as yourself are saying this is no joke and that does hold weight with me, but I still can't make sense of it!

Has the club lined someone up in the expectation that he would be leaving for Fulham or Palace, and he's been playing hard ball to ensure that the mutuall agreement to terminate his contract is as agreeable as posible for him?

Has anyone spotted Mike Marsh in any of the training pics or videos? I’ve only noticed Tate from the coaching staff.

No idea if he’s leaving or not. However…..
reading his comments on the official website today it struck me how he focused on the fitness of the squad. Any incoming manager won’t be able to use the old oven ready excuse of needing to work on fitness. There again probably reading too much into it.

PSumbler said:
https://planetswans.co.uk/2021/07/17/steve-cooper-on-verge-of-swansea-exit/

Make of this what you will but having run this website for 20 years it would be extremely rare for me to jump in on this without a level of certainty

We’ll if that article is true Steve Cooper certainly has more ambitions for his career than he does for his team on the pitch.

The England u21 team is currently without a head coach.

Just saying.

Dr. Winston said:
The England u21 team is currently without a head coach.

Just saying.

Did cross my mind. Who knows, but it can't be dismissed while rumours spread.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back