• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

Nothing changes in defence.. even before the Wood departure.

Experienced CB needed with leadership qualities to organise our defence on the pitch. Sick of listening to the Cabango an Darling are young nonsense. Considering we don't have Rushworth either there is a lot more reliance on the CB pairing.
If anything his departure improves our defence.

You're right about Darling and Cabango, they are both 24 years old. They did look pretty solid as a pairing towards the end of the season.

If anything his departure improves our defence.

You're right about Darling and Cabango, they are both 24 years old. They did look pretty solid as a pairing towards the end of the season.
Agreed that both are not exactly newbies anymore, for all that I rate Darling can I honestly say that he has displayed leadership abilities when it comes to marshalling the back line? If I am being honest then no I can't, and neither has Ben for that matter.

Sometimes a defence needs someone who will yell your ear off when your attention is wandering or who will make snap judgements about someone picking up X or Y person. I think that Darling could be that guy, and it is definitely an area of development I would want to see for him but right now the defending half of the team does not have a leader to take charge and when it comes to defending set plays this is often a critical weakness.

In some teams this is done by the goalkeeper, but its for a reason that often a defender ends up as the captain in a team as its where leadership qualities need to be shown most and for all the mantra that defending starts from the front the buck stops at the back.

Burnie speaking to Stoke as a free agent.

Type of player we need but is inconsistent and injury prone now

Burnie speaking to Stoke as a free agent.

Type of player we need but is inconsistent and injury prone now
He won't like the pubs in and around Stoke, it's a bit of a shithole, nothing like The George in Mumbles up there...

I've spent a lot of time around there, the lad married a girl from Crewe, utterly depressing place, Chester is ok mind...
I spent a fair bit of time in the area for work.

Stoke is the only place that I've gone to use Just Eat to order food and nowt not even an Indian or Chinese would deliver food to my hotel 🤪

I spent a fair bit of time in the area for work.

Stoke is the only place that I've gone to use Just Eat to order food and nowt not even an Indian or Chinese would deliver food to my hotel 🤪
I worked up there for a little bit as well, stayed about a mile from their ground, thought the people up there were great, a lot like people of South Wales.

I worked up there for a little bit as well, stayed about a mile from their ground, thought the people up there were great, a lot like people of South Wales.
Sounds like we had very contrasting experiences.

Most depressing place on earth, Stoke that is.
The George has been closed for a while, although I saw some work going on there about a month ago, not been down there since so it might be open again now.

The George has been closed for a while, although I saw some work going on there about a month ago, not been down there since so it might be open again now.
I'm sure I read somewhere that someone else had taken over and was about to reopen the place.

I've not been to the Mumbles for years.

The George has reopened recently, it was taken over by the owners of The Buck in Pontlliw I believe.

The George was a tidy pub back in the day, until they stopped you taking your pint across the road to drink on the sea wall, bloody H&S bolloxs 😔

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back