• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

Doesn't the reserves also function as an u23s with a limited allowance for over 23s players per matchday squad?
The u23s league changed (back) to u21s from the 2022/23 season. Each competition has slightly different rules for overage players but the PDL, PL Cup, and our entry into the Welsh Cup are all u21s now.

One to keep an eye on in the next 2/3 years?
Considering how we let Josh Thomas slip away then the likes of Woodward and Wilson we should be offering a clear progression path towards first team involvement to help keep them onside.

EDIT:
Not Josh Thomas, but I forget his name. Young striker who was banging in goals for fun for the age groups but left us to go elsewhere

The u23s league changed (back) to u21s from the 2022/23 season. Each competition has slightly different rules for overage players but the PDL, PL Cup, and our entry into the Welsh Cup are all u21s now.
Geez I take my eye off how the youth/reserve leagues are operated for a couple of seasons and its all changed :ROFLMAO:

With no u23s competition anymore it does feel like it makes the progression path from u21 to first team football that much more difficult though.

Considering how we let Josh Thomas slip away then the likes of Woodward and Wilson we should be offering a clear progression path towards first team involvement to help keep them onside.

EDIT:
Not Josh Thomas, but I forget his name. Young striker who was banging in goals for fun for the age groups but left us to go elsewhere
Iwan Morgan??

A quick google says he earned a long term 4 year contract around Feb last year so he must have impressed.
Massive scum fan in he, didn't really want to be here and once he knew he could play, he was out on the next bus.

Massive scum fan in he, didn't really want to be here and once he knew he could play, he was out on the next bus.
Such a massive Cardiff fan that he left them for us and earned us a million quid plus future clauses in just two years. Career comes first, plenty of time to be a fan when you're retired. Time will tell whether moving to the PL will be the smart choice for him, might have bagged some Championship minutes last season the way we were up front. But he was injured for a long stretch as well.

Such a massive Cardiff fan that he left them for us and earned us a million quid plus future clauses in just two years. Career comes first, plenty of time to be a fan when you're retired. Time will tell whether moving to the PL will be the smart choice for him, might have bagged some Championship minutes last season the way we were up front. But he was injured for a long stretch as well.
My point was that he left as soon as he realised that he had a great chance of making it, we obviously offered him a better opportunity and he left just has he did with us, could have stayed got his head down and improved further with the opportunities he may/probably would have had here and may have earnt the club multiple millions.

My point was that he left as soon as he realised that he had a great chance of making it, we obviously offered him a better opportunity and he left just has he did with us, could have stayed got his head down and improved further with the opportunities he may/probably would have had here and may have earnt the club multiple millions.
Honestly I am not going to slate the kid for looking after himself, especially if he paid attention for even five minutes for what the club did to Whittaker the season before - you can't expect any loyalty to be shown if your higher ups don't even pretend not to treat you as a commodity to be traded and cashed in.

Honestly I am not going to slate the kid for looking after himself, especially if he paid attention for even five minutes for what the club did to Whittaker the season before - you can't expect any loyalty to be shown if your higher ups don't even pretend not to treat you as a commodity to be traded and cashed in.
That's more than a fair point (y)

But we bought Whittaker from Derby for (from memory a substantial sum) he spent no time in our academy and was largely ignored and unwanted by any manager that we had during his spell here. Not sure what went wrong there. Maybe more that he was unable to settle or had personality issues? Who knows?

However a player who spent a number of years in our academy, benefitted from our coaching team, physio team, medical team and was potentially on the verge of being included in the first team set up…. You’d kind of hope for a little more loyalty. Good luck to the kid and I hope he develops to be a future Wales international but I would imagine the Club would feel a bit let down by his decision after the investment they put into him. It happens. Shame. Move on.

But we bought Whittaker from Derby for (from memory a substantial sum) he spent no time in our academy and was largely ignored and unwanted by any manager that we had during his spell here. Not sure what went wrong there. Maybe more that he was unable to settle or had personality issues? Who knows?

However a player who spent a number of years in our academy, benefitted from our coaching team, physio team, medical team and was potentially on the verge of being included in the first team set up…. You’d kind of hope for a little more loyalty. Good luck to the kid and I hope he develops to be a future Wales international but I would imagine the Club would feel a bit let down by his decision after the investment they put into him. It happens. Shame. Move on.
Only two years he was with us, and he made it clear after 18 months or so that he was intending to move on. Honestly I don't think the club itself could have done much better than it did getting just north of a million quid for him plus a number of add ons and sell on clauses once it was obvious he intended to move on.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back