• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Summer 2024 Transfer Rumours

Not good news for us, the other site reported we were looking at Rodak, but rumours seem quiet.
Will be a tough sell to convince Brighton that a season of continued first team development is worth the sacrifice of not having him for the seemingly two games that their first choice keeper will be out of action, I wouldn't think it impossible though.

Saying that however I know that LW ideally wanted his new striker and keeper in before the pre season camp departs on the weekend. With things being super quiet on the recruiting front most of this past week that deadline might be difficult to meet now.

Will be a tough sell to convince Brighton that a season of continued first team development is worth the sacrifice of not having him for the seemingly two games that their first choice keeper will be out of action, I wouldn't think it impossible though.

Saying that however I know that LW ideally wanted his new striker and keeper in before the pre season camp departs on the weekend. With things being super quiet on the recruiting front most of this past week that deadline might be difficult to meet now.
I'm getting on the hopium here but we didn't hear about Franco or Eom until they were essentially done deals, so maybe we are quite close and just aren't hearing anything.

Would anybody be happy if Myko and Cullen are our striker options and Fisher our keeper for the Boro game?

Would anybody be happy if Myko and Cullen are our striker options and Fisher our keeper for the Boro game?
Fisher no! He's almost guaranteed a blunder every game, this is the first position we need to sort out before the season.

Cullen will do a job, no Idea about Myk, but he's at very least cover, so for a few games they'll be fine.

Worst case yes. Front four of Eom, Ronald, Ginnelly, Parker/Govea is fine. I would like to see Ronald through the middle

Worst case yes. Front four of Eom, Ronald, Ginnelly, Parker/Govea is fine. I would like to see Ronald through the middle
Love Ron, but he's never struck me as a central player. Seen a few people on here suggest giving him a run at 10, but he's an absolute textbook winger imo - beats his man with pace and great close control, then drills (usually overhit, let's be honest) crosses across the box.

I'd understand playing him at 10 if he had proven himself to be an excellent passer, or even a top finisher, but literally all of his traits right now are focused towards him being a wide player

Love Ron, but he's never struck me as a central player. Seen a few people on here suggest giving him a run at 10, but he's an absolute textbook winger imo - beats his man with pace and great close control, then drills (usually overhit, let's be honest) crosses across the box.

I'd understand playing him at 10 if he had proven himself to be an excellent passer, or even a top finisher, but literally all of his traits right now are focused towards him being a wide player
Agree with this assessment. Ronald for me is always at his best when he can use his pace and close control to beat a man and get us in behind, working on that end product is what will make him a better player not trying to shoehorn him into a number 10 or number 9 position.

All he needs now is someone to go with him when he breaks and ideally be in the box when he looks up

Big concern with the keeper situation and the reliance on Margetson.
Not sure how true it is but one major target has now slipped from the net and another looks likely to be lost.
The pursuit has been held off until Margetson returned meaning the club has done a lot of work with keepers pending a full rundown and thumbs up from Marge himself.
Hopefully it all works out but it's not ideal given the final say is with someone who has been away for the last month.

Big concern with the keeper situation and the reliance on Margetson.
Not sure how true it is but one major target has now slipped from the net and another looks likely to be lost.
The pursuit has been held off until Margetson returned meaning the club has done a lot of work with keepers pending a full rundown and thumbs up from Marge himself.
Hopefully it all works out but it's not ideal given the final say is with someone who has been away for the last month.
We need another 2/3 players with quality on top of a Keeper worthy of the name and same with a striker, are we gonna get them, I very much doubt it. if I'm honest.

Coleman has been very quiet since the season finished, has he been told to do so, by the usual suspect I wonder, who will always have the final say on any decision's.

We need another 2/3 players with quality on top of a Keeper worthy of the name and same with a striker, are we gonna get them, I very much doubt it. if I'm honest.

Coleman has been very quiet since the season finished, has he been told to do so, by the usual suspect I wonder, who will always have the final say on any decision's.
The 2 signings so far are very encouraging and show we are thinking outside the box...i got to get that out the way first.

We certainly still have quite a bit to do with a Goalkeeper, Striker and Left Winger needed to strengthen the first team....with atleast one centre half to compliment the 2 senior centre halves we have already and thats not including 1 or 2 other players to then strengthen the squad as a whole.

I'm hoping it's a case of no news is good news but it's certainly slow at present.

Not sure we need a left winger , think we have options we can use now.

Keeper is a must , got a feeling we we won't be seeing a CB come in with LW using Naughton and Lissah as back up.

Myko clearly isn't favoured by LW so we can't surely just have Cullen up top.

The CM might be sorted in the club's eyes too. Abdulai and Franco with Grimes, Allen and Fulton.

Wide areas... Ronald, Eom and Govea plus maybe Parker developing there.

Question is ----- who puts the ball in the net

Not sure we need a left winger , think we have options we can use now.

Keeper is a must , got a feeling we we won't be seeing a CB come in with LW using Naughton and Lissah as back up.

Myko clearly isn't favoured by LW so we can't surely just have Cullen up top.

The CM might be sorted in the club's eyes too. Abdulai and Franco with Grimes, Allen and Fulton.

Wide areas... Ronald, Eom and Govea plus maybe Parker developing there.

Question is ----- who puts the ball in the net

Ginnelly as another winger.. we need a GK and Striker.. and someone who can play as a 10 if the yanks are feeling flush

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back