• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans close in on Henry transfer?

A4Jack said:
Not my photo but from Facebook, bit grainy but Cooper on left and looks like Henry on the right

If this comes off potentially most exciting signing in several years

The only downside is I would guess if Cooper is involved, then it means he is staying next season

https://mobile.twitter.com/sachatavolieri/status/1415654942094811138

Despite the interest of many clubs with offers in #SerieA, #Superlig but also in #Championship with that of #Swansea evaluated at 6M (bonus included), the French striker of #OHL Thomas #Henry remains blocked by his club who refuses all offers.

Leaving him out of all their friendlies but then not accepting bids (or even negotiating for that matter) makes little sense to me

Sounds like he wants out must have agreed personal terms, could be a title winner and a pop at the EPL.

Baron Goblet said:
Sounds like he wants out must have agreed personal terms, could be a title winner and a pop at the EPL.

Don't think we are the only club in for him mind.

bakajack said:
CurtessECarr said:
We won't get him. Where are we getting that sort of money?

Ayew's wages alone are over £4m a year

Which was money the club could ill afford. Ayew off the wage bill is not freeing up his salary to spend elsewhere.

Losing Ayew, employing Steve Cooper and reviewing the academy has released some funds. That could generate 6m+ in annual savings. We also sold one of our best defenders last year and may be looking at someone else leaving maybe Dhanda for a fee.

This one appears to be realistic on the face of it and makes more sense than signing two DC players late in the season.

Baron Goblet said:
Losing Ayew, employing Steve Cooper and reviewing the academy has released some funds. That could generate 6m+ in annual savings. We also sold one of our best defenders last year and may be looking at someone else leaving maybe Dhanda for a fee.

This one appears to be realistic on the face of it and makes more sense than signing two DC players late in the season.

No parachute payments this year so income a percentage lower. We haven’t got a chance of spending that big.

Baron Goblet said:

Unfortunately this is all savings to offset the parachute payments, which as you know have now stopped. I think this is the best our squad will be for some time, i imagine the owners will be keen on selling Grimes to ensure we stay in the black, especially with Roberts injured so we can't sell him. Not sure who else we would be able to offload.

There's no way we can afford the 5m+ transfer fee and wages on top. Not with the current financial strategy anyway, no risk no reward.

SwansFan1912 said:
Baron Goblet said:

Unfortunately this is all savings to offset the parachute payments, which as you know have now stopped. I think this is the best our squad will be for some time, i imagine the owners will be keen on selling Grimes to ensure we stay in the black, especially with Roberts injured so we can't sell him. Not sure who else we would be able to offload.

There's no way we can afford the 5m+ transfer fee and wages on top. Not with the current financial strategy anyway, no risk no reward.

Risk, equals rich people, probably with no interest in soccer, putting their money, for no gain, into a football club for your reward, right?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back