• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans close in on Henry transfer?

JackSomething said:
SwansFan1912 said:
Well considering the loan players who were involved with his U17 England setup its easy to give him the credit for those.

And its funny how the tides have turned from praising Andy Scott and Co for excellent transfers over the last 3 years to blaming Cooper for the bad ones ;) certainly suits the Cooper out agenda

You left Jamal Lowe out of your list of summer signings and he was definitely an Andy Scott signing. Seems those with a Cooper in agenda like to twist the facts to suit their agenda also...

Also in one of your earlier posts you said that most loan players 'are not going to be enough to push the first team on'. Brewster, Guehi, Gallagher and Gibbs-White all prove you wrong as they've been amongst our best players in the last 2 seasons.

I did, honestly mistake. Yes Lowe was a decent signing, certainly for the fee. Everyone has an agenda ;)

And as much as I wanted Cooper to stay for a third act, I'm sure now that he is leaving. Don't think he will be there for Bristol. I don't blame him for leaving either, last year of his contract, stock is fairly high and when a premier league club sacks their manager in November ish, Who's free ... Mr Cooper. Good career move vs sticking with an unambitious Swansea City who he can see from the inside won't be capable of challenging for promotion this season. You can't argue with 2 play off finishes with the squads we have had. Some people really overrated some of our players

I did say most loan players aren't going to be good enough. And I stick by that, we have only got such high quality loans because of the manager, that pool has now dried up. To get that caliber now will require 1m+ loan fees which we won't pay

Risc said:
This season is massive for Andy Scott, when he came here he said three seasons, isn't this is fourth?

In fairness to Scott, it's hard to shine as a recruitment director when the manager in charge doesn't like picking half of the players available to him. And this'll be the third season. Summer of 2019 he started.

Dr. Winston said:
Risc said:
This season is massive for Andy Scott, when he came here he said three seasons, isn't this is fourth?

In fairness to Scott, it's hard to shine as a recruitment director when the manager in charge doesn't like picking half of the players available to him. And this'll be the third season. Summer of 2019 he started.

Like who?

SwansFan1912 said:
JackSomething said:
You left Jamal Lowe out of your list of summer signings and he was definitely an Andy Scott signing. Seems those with a Cooper in agenda like to twist the facts to suit their agenda also...

Also in one of your earlier posts you said that most loan players 'are not going to be enough to push the first team on'. Brewster, Guehi, Gallagher and Gibbs-White all prove you wrong as they've been amongst our best players in the last 2 seasons.

I did, honestly mistake. Yes Lowe was a decent signing, certainly for the fee. Everyone has an agenda ;)

And as much as I wanted Cooper to stay for a third act, I'm sure now that he is leaving. Don't think he will be there for Bristol. I don't blame him for leaving either, last year of his contract, stock is fairly high and when a premier league club sacks their manager in November ish, Who's free ... Mr Cooper. Good career move vs sticking with an unambitious Swansea City who he can see from the inside won't be capable of challenging for promotion this season. You can't argue with 2 play off finishes with the squads we have had. Some people really overrated some of our players

I did say most loan players aren't going to be good enough. And I stick by that, we have only got such high quality loans because of the manager, that pool has now dried up. To get that caliber now will require 1m+ loan fees which we won't pay

He couldn't get a Prem job this summer when his stock was at it's highest, while Potter walked into a desirable PL gig after one season in mid-table. The people running football clubs clearly looked at what Cooper brought to the table bar results (which to be fair have been excellent in his 2 managerial jobs) and want nothing to do with him. I'd be shocked if a PL club appointed him during this season.

JackSomething said:
SwansFan1912 said:

He couldn't get a Prem job this summer when his stock was at it's highest, while Potter walked into a desirable PL gig after one season in mid-table. The people running football clubs clearly looked at what Cooper brought to the table bar results (which to be fair have been excellent in his 2 managerial jobs) and want nothing to do with him. I'd be shocked if a PL club appointed him during this season.

Time will tell .. but if it wasn't for a 3million pound compensation fee, he would be the Palace manager right now

SwansFan1912 said:
JackSomething said:

Time will tell .. but if it wasn't for a 3million pound compensation fee, he would be the Palace manager right now

You could well be right, but I'd be surprised if we weren't at least willing to discuss lowering or waiving that fee altogether. Perhaps at that point we wanted to keep him and the situation has deteriorated since then.

It's only a guess, but I'd say Cooper knows he's going to struggle to match the last 2 seasons with Ayew gone and without much money to spend. He probably feels this is the right time to go to keep his reputation up.

JackSomething said:
SwansFan1912 said:

You could well be right, but I'd be surprised if we weren't at least willing to discuss lowering or waiving that fee altogether. Perhaps at that point we wanted to keep him and the situation has deteriorated since then.

It's only a guess, but I'd say Cooper knows he's going to struggle to match the last 2 seasons with Ayew gone and without much money to spend. He probably feels this is the right time to go to keep his reputation up.

Yea I agree. Personally its the sensible move from him for his career. especially if its true that we are selling grimes, roberts, Dhanda and whoever else, we will struggle

Have we spent £6 million yet on Henry so shutting up all the doubters…😂

Looks like he’s continued his scoring run, he’s on 3 in 3 since the start of the Belgium league season.

Swansea93 said:
Looks like he’s continued his scoring run, he’s on 3 in 3 since the start of the Belgium league season.

The goals look like they dried up for him somewhat after that, 9 goals total in 33 appearances (plus 3 assists and 2 own goals).

Where Boro have the money to spunk 7.6m on a player I don't know, did they sell any of their players for big money in the summer that I missed?

bakajack said:
Swansea93 said:

The goals look like they dried up for him somewhat after that, 9 goals total in 33 appearances (plus 3 assists and 2 own goals).

Where Boro have the money to spunk 7.6m on a player I don't know, did they sell any of their players for big money in the summer that I missed?

Djed Spence will go for big bucks, deal probably already done I’d imagine.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back