• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Swans close in on Henry transfer?

Ten clubs, including #Werder and Mainz 05, are reportedly interested in Thomas Henry (OH Leuven). However, the 26-year-old French center forward is out of reach for SVW. Swansea is said to have submitted an offer for 6 million euros.

Swansea93 said:
Ten clubs, including #Werder and Mainz 05, are reportedly interested in Thomas Henry (OH Leuven). However, the 26-year-old French center forward is out of reach for SVW. Swansea is said to have submitted an offer for 6 million euros.
If only this quote had started with "
Swansea is said to have submitted an offer for 6 million euros." instead of being at the end I could have saved 10 seconds of my life...

Swanjaxs said:
Swansea93 said:
If only this quote had started with "
Swansea is said to have submitted an offer for 6 million euros." instead of being at the end I could have saved 10 seconds of my life...

:lol: :lol:

It’s getting reported by mostly foreign sites now, and has made their local papers.

Sounds like it's done. Also a picture on Facebook of someone who looks extremely like him with Cooper in Mumbles

and, if it is true, a big fucking lol to all the cretins who say the americans dont invest. They arent perfect but you cant throw that one at them. Big money in the championship

A4Jack said:
Sounds like it's done. Also a picture on Facebook of someone who looks extremely like him with Cooper in Mumbles

You got the link?

Not my photo but from Facebook, bit grainy but Cooper on left and looks like Henry on the right

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1623945828210.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 2,537
A4Jack said:
Not my photo but from Facebook, bit grainy but Cooper on left and looks like Henry on the right

He’s got very white hair.

eteb said:
and, if it is true, a big f*****g lol to all the cretins who say the americans dont invest. They arent perfect but you cant throw that one at them. Big money in the championship

There's a difference between spending the club's money and investing their own money. There's no evidence they've put in any money other than the loan from Silverstein (similar to the previous loans from Martin Morgan).

Anyone saying they don't spend money hasn't been paying attention. We've spent decent money pretty much every singe transfer window.

JackSomething said:
eteb said:
and, if it is true, a big f*****g lol to all the cretins who say the americans dont invest. They arent perfect but you cant throw that one at them. Big money in the championship

There's a difference between spending the club's money and investing their own money. There's no evidence they've put in any money other than the loan from Silverstein (similar to the previous loans from Martin Morgan).

Anyone saying they don't spend money hasn't been paying attention. We've spent decent money pretty much every singe transfer window.
Whilst remaining pretty much debt free and being run the ‘right’ way.

Swansea93 said:
JackSomething said:

Whilst remaining pretty much debt free and being run the ‘right’ way.

Agreed. I'd say they've handled things very well since relegation, while a lot of the bad decisions pre-relegation can be laid at Jenkins' door.

The two big mistakes associated with their takeover can also be at least partially apportioned to the previous owners: the exclusion of the Trust and the talk of 'taking us to the next level' with the heavily implied suggestion that they'd pump their own money into the club.

JackSomething said:
Agreed. I'd say they've handled things very well since relegation, while a lot of the bad decisions pre-relegation can be laid at Jenkins' door.

The two big mistakes associated with their takeover can also be at least partially apportioned to the previous owners: the exclusion of the Trust and the talk of 'taking us to the next level' with the heavily implied suggestion that they'd pump their own money into the club.

Fair and accurate. They've got their own blame to take for going along with the secrecy and stringing along the trust since, for allowing Jenkins to continue running the club almost unsupervised, and for whatever the hell the situation was with Bradley.

As you say though, when the money has been there they've spent it, not always wisely, but they have. Hard to fault the way they've gone about righting the ship since relegation too.

Their mistakes were in allowing Jenkins to do Ayew and Bony. Clucks was a mistake that at least had some basis in logic (young, English, well regarded).

They are certainly not people I would trust but by God we could have had a lot worse given the desperation by the greedy arseholes to unload.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back