• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

SwansTV matchday coverage

Maybe they could try watching the stream on match day. I’m sure they (SwansTV, audio team, external audio team and any other team they pass it onto next) must have a test account with access to the stream to recreate the issue and troubleshoot (standard stuff really).
Indeed. It's not rocket surgery. Personally, I wouldn't even wait until match day. I'd get all the parts (I was going to say players, but that could be ambiguous) at the stadium including a person sitting in AOC's seat. Get a video and audio feed from the pitch - from the actual suppliers. Have a random person standing in the centre circle and get them to clap their hands. Get AOC to say "clap" when he sees the person clapping their hands. Analyse the hell out of the result. Don't need a match taking place. Don't need players. Don't need a crowd. And it's repeatable until you find the issue. Then fix it.

Makes you wonder how Sky do it though.

So basically, we (SwansTV) are providing a product; we rely on a third party for some input to this product; there's a fault with this third party input (or the way it interfaces with the rest of the product); we know it and the third party knows it; the third party are looking into the problem with a view to fixing it; if/when they fix it they won't tell us (SwansTV); it'll be up to the consumer to notice the fact that it's been fixed. In the meantime we will still charge the customer the same amount to supply this faulty product.

Going forward (sorry!), as a customer you have to buy the product to find out whether it's been fixed or not. How very strange. I don't think they'd get away with it in any other business.
Again spot on. Imagine any other service and they said this. It's discussing. I'm gonna follow up and see if I can speak to someone else as that got my back up as well with the fact we have to be the ones to see if its fixed or not. The thing is I have 0 trust in them as Dougie, the guy I'm speaking with and whom sent this message is basically wiping his hands with this. Luckily I was able to get hold of some internal emails that I was cc into an email that are not public advertised, so I'll be emailing them too. Victor Meldrew is back. '' I don't beleive it''

Maybe they could try watching the stream on match day. I’m sure they (SwansTV, audio team, external audio team and any other team they pass it onto next) must have a test account with access to the stream to recreate the issue and troubleshoot (standard stuff really).
I would go as far to say, get someone to stand in front of the camera, speak and that's your test before the match. Does it sync or not. Really basic stuff. I'll keep everyone posted being the moaning git I am. Best part about all this is, marketing team can't or havny noticed the issue. I work in marketing and working at this high level, heads would roll if I was putting content like this out. 😁

Indeed. It's not rocket surgery. Personally, I wouldn't even wait until match day. I'd get all the parts (I was going to say players, but that could be ambiguous) at the stadium including a person sitting in AOC's seat. Get a video and audio feed from the pitch - from the actual suppliers. Have a random person standing in the centre circle and get them to clap their hands. Get AOC to say "clap" when he sees the person clapping their hands. Analyse the hell out of the result. Don't need a match taking place. Don't need players. Don't need a crowd. And it's repeatable until you find the issue. Then fix it.

Makes you wonder how Sky do it though.
Honest I have worked in Film and TV for nearly 10 years before going into marketing and it's laughable how basic it is. I mean, what you said is what they should be doing. It's lazy from them. I'm in the mindset that I have always been ok paying for the service as I haven't been able to get to games much. And putting aside opinions about owners etc, money going into the club is fine. But damn, if Sky showed every match of Swansea I would change over. I even considered watching the full match the next day on YouTube as its killing match day experience, but now that the issue is carrying over to YouTube it's not worth it.

Honest I have worked in Film and TV for nearly 10 years before going into marketing and it's laughable how basic it is. I mean, what you said is what they should be doing. It's lazy from them. I'm in the mindset that I have always been ok paying for the service as I haven't been able to get to games much. And putting aside opinions about owners etc, money going into the club is fine. But damn, if Sky showed every match of Swansea I would change over. I even considered watching the full match the next day on YouTube as its killing match day experience, but now that the issue is carrying over to YouTube it's not worth it.
Excellent stuff. Glad you're getting somewhere - maybe. This really needs to be escalated to someone high up in the club, and you may be onto them. Failing that, I wonder if AOC knows - couldn't find him on Twitter. Maybe a message to #JacksAtHome?

Excellent stuff. Glad you're getting somewhere - maybe. This really needs to be escalated to someone high up in the club, and you may be onto them. Failing that, I wonder if AOC knows - couldn't find him on Twitter. Maybe a message to #JacksAtHome?
I was tempted with Jack's at Home. Good idea with that. Just looked up Anthony o'connell on Twitter and no luck. But will look into Tweeting on match day. He does sometimes mention issues reported on the stream but this is an issue that has gone back years. And getting worse, if that's possible. I remember escalating an issue way back with them, think it was 2019 or 20 in relation to them stopping match replys and the head of media relations rang me and spoke in detail to the reasons why. Defo trying to get this higher up. This might all seem a bit over the top to many but again, we pay for a service and expect at least something back working.

Deffo not OTT it ruins my whole weekend
Well looks like home truths didn't go down well with Swansea. They are ignoring my emails now. I'll be making sure to pursue this issue as long as possible. Like I said the more people complain the more it will hopefully help. We'll know more at the next home game.

Well looks like home truths didn't go down well with Swansea. They are ignoring my emails now. I'll be making sure to pursue this issue as long as possible. Like I said the more people complain the more it will hopefully help. We'll know more at the next home game.
Is this something Ofcom would look in to?

If any interested going to the source with Swans TV. Just found there website who is the company who is running Swans TV. https://streamamg.com/
Don't image they will ever respond to me but worth a punt.

If any interested going to the source with Swans TV. Just found there website who is the company who is running Swans TV. https://streamamg.com/
Don't image they will ever respond to me but worth a punt.
Get yourself iptv and watch the other sides stream would be my advice.

Save yourself a fortune too 👍

*not that I would do anything illegal mind*

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back