• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Chuckle Brothers

Swanjaxs

Roger Freestone
Reaction score
Remove them and we'll be on our way to safety, I'd even take Naughton playing alongside Darling than either of these...

Attachments

• athn_051022_watford_v_swansea_7436.jpeg
    athn_051022_watford_v_swansea_7436.jpeg
    65.5 KB · Views: 18
They are both crap, I agree, but what do you do instead?

Darling is a terrible defender, positionally poor and weak under pressure. Humphreys is the new Rhys Williams and he's already thinking about going back to Chelsea in summer, you can smell that on his recent performances. Or do we play Naughton, whose legs went 2 years ago and who was actually released last summer briefly, until some clown decided to give him another new contract.

Basically, we are screwed whoever we select at the back.

The only way we're staying up this season is by scoring more goals than the opposition - it won't be because we can rely on clean sheets.

Why not give the young lad Lissah a run out for 15 at the end of a game, see how he goes. At least he's our player

Naughton has been a great club player but last 2 seasons his legs have gone. Could have done better to stop the opening goal yesterday with a slide tackle. Time to give the youngsters with pace a chance. Lots of people on here rate Tymon although I can’t see anything in him that’s worthy of the fee we paid. Selling Brandon Cooper to the O’s was another piece of transfer brilliance, not quite up there with Whittaker, but not far off.

Why not give the young lad Lissah a run out for 15 at the end of a game, see how he goes. At least he's our player
I first saw Lissah in the flesh vs Ipswich (U21s) - poor touch, whacked it into row Z at Landore (which is saying something) way too often; ran into blind alleys when playing it out from the back, and physically under developed.

Been saying it for yonks - calamity Cabungle is our weakest link.

Wood regressed and became the dressing room joker under Martin and is yet to grow out of it. Under Martin's watch he shrank from promising young unassuming professional athlete into an entirely different, inferior football player. The hype around his 'alleged' move was just that - purely a Martin-led PR spin, yet again with the view to unsettle.

Been saying it for yonks - calamity Cabungle is our weakest link.

Wood regressed and became the dressing room joker under Martin and is yet to grow out of it. Under Martin's watch he shrank from promising young unassuming professional athlete into an entirely different, inferior football player. The hype around his 'alleged' move was just that - purely a Martin-led PR spin, yet again with the view to unsettle.
Regressed! We signed a 19yr old who was 4/5th choice at Boro.
We signed a 19yr old raw player, he is still only 21yrs of age.
Let's not forget that Cabango is still only 23!
Darling only 24.
Bashir still only 20.

These are still young boys who are having a tough time, all of them have potential to become good centre halves but are still very young and inexperienced with no senior centre half to guide them in any shape or form.
It's no wonder things are so bad defensively considering we have a bunch of young naive centre halves with no senior player in their department to help them along.

The fact is Daps, much to your chagrin - Martin broke everything good about us, and plummeted us from playoff-ists to midtable-mediocrity-ists.

The biggest thing he broke was our organisation, structure and stoic defence - we were top 3 in that department prior to his mismanagement.

We are still suffering from his bonkers legacy, in so many ways - and most esp at the back. His cultural ruin runs deep and will take some doing to cleanse. Luke his doing his level best, I'm pretty sure of that.

We lost a future England centre half and a regular Welsh international......50% of the defence when Martin came in.
The squad lost some good players, we lost potential, experience and a player with experience at the very top level of European football.
If course we went from a play off team to a mid table team.
That's a discussion that has been beat time and time over.......i just want to put a bit of sense and reality to the situation you mention and I am willing to leave it there because it gets boring for many other posters.

Hopefully Williams has a chance to put his stamp on a championship squad over the summer.
There is certainly an opportunity there for him if he is really wanting to make waves and demand that the owners listen to what we really need.....rather than follow a dead dog in Watson.

Everybody that's anybody knows Martin fecked us over, esp at the back. He dismantled and rebuilt something far far more inferior.

We are slowly rebuilding the confidence at the back - through Marge, Sheezy and now Luke (who admittedly is diluting the cleansing with his penchant for way too risky back play, at the mo).

We need to give the boys some time to rebuild the confidence (and ffs ditch Cabungle, 'prompto').

Agreed re Williams and the summer - a massive opportunity for sure.

They are both crap, I agree, but what do you do instead?

Darling is a terrible defender, positionally poor and weak under pressure. Humphreys is the new Rhys Williams and he's already thinking about going back to Chelsea in summer, you can smell that on his recent performances. Or do we play Naughton, whose legs went 2 years ago and who was actually released last summer briefly, until some clown decided to give him another new contract.

Basically, we are screwed whoever we select at the back.

The only way we're staying up this season is by scoring more goals than the opposition - it won't be because we can rely on clean sheets.
I do agree that whatever combo we use, it’s fraught with danger, as basic defending seems beyond them. Personally I’d pick Darling, he’s no better, but at least he offers us something at corners, not like toblerone head Cabango, and does possess a good shot. Have a look at Humphries next time at one of our attacking corners, he 100% never gets his head to anything. I know he’s young and learning his trade, but go somewhere else to learn, a lightweight central defender is the last thing we are going to need in a relegation battle, but at least Darling has some bottle for the fight.

Harry Darling is one of our most potent attacking threats. Thats where we stand. For all his obvious faults I would make the bugger captain to see if that bucked up his confidence, and tell Grimes to earn his place every week (to be fair, he did that on Saturday, but captain? No chance).

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back