• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Euro 2024 Thread

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Absolutely everything went for them. Last minute lucky goals, easy draw, phantom penalty awards, penalty shootout wins, injury to Spains main man in the final, a deflected goal in the final.

.........And they still fucked it up!

Superb.
When you think that Spain beat Italy, Germany and France they were worthy winners. Showed far more attacking intent than England. Saka and Foden were a million miles away from their club form , and that has to be down to Southgate.

I quite like a lot of this England team, I like Southgate and there are certainly plenty of individual English people that I like.

Unfortunately, the negatives to me of England winning a major tournament will outweigh this. Everyone has their fair share of idiot fans, but England just seem to have so many (see ECB's story about England fans in Portugal on his recent holiday). The media will never let us forget it, opposition fans will go on about it forever, etc.

Not to mention that Spain were clearly the best team of the tournament and it would have been a travesty for an England team that scraped their way through a soft schedule to win the thing.

Also, if you've watched any Wales games in recent tournaments or been on here during, you'll see we put the England fans to shame with the passion on display.
I agree with this in large, and appreciate that the general 'vibe' of Little Englanders abroad tends to completely kill off a lot of goodwill that we've accrued in recent years. I think there's a bit of a tidal shift now, a lot of English are becoming acutely aware of the reputation we have and are consciously making an effort to distance ourselves from the nutters. Time will tell, I suppose
I personally think Southgate should stay, he's given me some of the most memorable and funniest moments in football.
That's not being anti English so wind yer neck in cos why should any of us want them to win anything? The fact yer one of us does give you plenty of leeway.
Never for a second expected the Welsh to 'want' England to win, but I just find the wild hostility can often fall into almost obsession on occasion.

I agree with this in large, and appreciate that the general 'vibe' of Little Englanders abroad tends to completely kill off a lot of goodwill that we've accrued in recent years. I think there's a bit of a tidal shift now, a lot of English are becoming acutely aware of the reputation we have and are consciously making an effort to distance ourselves from the nutters. Time will tell, I suppose

Never for a second expected the Welsh to 'want' England to win, but I just find the wild hostility can often fall into almost obsession on occasion.
A proportion of English fans, home or abroad are always going to be an embarrassment to the UK, that will never change. It's deeply rooted in their upbringing and will be ingrained in their children and so on.

Is it possible you can explain why others from these shores..Welsh/Scots/Irish can always go on tours with no problems, whereas the majority of English fans are most comfortable winding everyone up and have the sense of entitlement that borders on hysterical? If so, you may have your answer.

Oh get off your high horse ffs. England are exactly the same when wales, Scotland etc play

Oh get off your high horse ffs. England are exactly the same when wales, Scotland etc play
I don't think they are though. It's taken as an assumption, but the vast majority of people I know are pretty supportive of the home nations. There was a lot of support for Scotland this Euros especially, but I remember people being properly enamoured with Wales getting to the Semis in 2016

I don't think they are though. It's taken as an assumption, but the vast majority of people I know are pretty supportive of the home nations. There was a lot of support for Scotland this Euros especially, but I remember people being properly enamoured with Wales getting to the Semis in 2016
I'm sure plenty are supportive to be fair, but there's also a lot of patronising 'oh look at little old Wales doing well for once'.

English fans were also not enamoured with us when that video of the Wales team celebrating the Iceland win got out there...

and they wonder why the entire world can't stand them 🤷🏻‍♂️

You do wonder at what point they sit down and have a little think why it is that not only do their three geographically closest neighbours hate them, but, through other sports like rugby and cricket for example, countries like Australia, France, and Argentina (and they're just a starter for ten) all despise them with an absolute passion.

Of course, they're not a country prone to introspection so I don't expect that to happen any time soon. But, suffice to say, can all those other countries together be in the wrong, and they're the ones in the right?

I find it a stretch, I must be honest.

Anyway, well done Spain for handing them their arses yet again and saving the rest of the world from something quite unbearable.

Last edited:
You do wonder at what point they sit down and have a little think why it is that not only do their three closest neighbours geographically hate them, but, through other sports like rugby and cricket for example, countries like Australia, France, and Argentina (and they're just a starter for ten) all despise them with an absolute passion.

Of course, they're not a country prone to introspection so I don't expect that to happen any time soon. But, suffice to say, can all those other countries together be in the wrong, and they're the ones in the right?

I find it a stretch, I must be honest.

Anyway, well done Spain for handing them their arses yet again and saving the rest of the world from something quite unbearable.
Their huge sense of entitlement doesn't help their cause.

Apparently Gareth Southgate has resigned.
If only they had put it on the news, everyone might have heard about it. 🙄

Graham Potter
7/4
Lee Carsley
9/4
Eddie Howe
11/4
Mauricio Pochettino
8/1
Jurgen Klopp
10/1
Frank Lampard