• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Glammy 2021 thread

I notice he states that they want to develop something down in West Wales ,perhaps to inject more interest in the game down here that would benefit them.The way I see it not many are interested anymore except the balconiers and they are getting on in years.

scorcher said:
I notice he states that they want to develop something down in West Wales ,perhaps to inject more interest in the game down here that would benefit them.The way I see it not many are interested anymore except the balconiers and they are getting on in years.

If you attend any four day championship game at Sophia Gardens you'll be lucky to get a crowd of between 80/100 during the week, maybe a little more on a weekend, championship cricket at St Helen's has always been well attended, probably between 4 to 5 hundred per day, more again on a weekend.
It would never happen now, but mark my words, if you held a T20 game at SH you would get a sell out every time.
As for the Balconiers, those up the road could only dream of having such a dedicated group of supporters attached to them, a coach load recently made the four day game down at Hove ...

Swanjaxs said:
scorcher said:

If you attend any four day championship game at Sophia Gardens you'll be lucky to get a crowd of between 80/100 during the week, maybe a little more on a weekend, championship cricket at St Helen's has always been well attended, probably between 4 to 5 hundred per day, more again on a weekend.
It would never happen now, but mark my words, if you held a T20 game at SH you would get a sell out every time.
As for the Balconiers, those up the road could only dream of having such a dedicated group of supporters attached to them, a coach load recently made the four day game down at Hove ...

Sadly St Helen’s isn’t in a fit state to host any such high profile game these days. It’s scandalous what’s been allowed to happen to that place. Agree with the gist of the rest of your post though.

Lived in Sketty during the late 50s & early 60s and spent many a summer's day with some classmates at SH with a packed lunch. Great memories so dismayed to hear the place has been neglected.

exiledclaseboy said:
Swanjaxs said:

Sadly St Helen’s isn’t in a fit state to host any such high profile game these days. It’s scandalous what’s been allowed to happen to that place. Agree with the gist of the rest of your post though.
I agree, St Helen's isn't fit for purpose, and hasn't been for a number of years, meanwhile, Sophia Gardens had millions of taxpayers money chucked at it so Morris and his chumps could lord it with the toffs at the ECB every couple of years, basically SG is a massive white elephant that had to be bailed out by the Welsh assembly because GCCC was going bust.

Swanjaxs said:
exiledclaseboy said:
I agree, St Helen's isn't fit for purpose, and hasn't been for a number of years, meanwhile, Sophia Gardens had millions of taxpayers money chucked at it so Morris and his chumps could lord it with the toffs at the ECB every couple of years, basically SG is a massive white elephant that had to be bailed out by the Welsh assembly because GCCC was going bust.

No argument with that. That said, I’ve seen a couple of tests and a few white ball internationals there over the years and had a whale of a time. It helps that I love both cricket and beer. Combine the two and you can’t lose really.

Glamorgan in with a sniff chasing 290 v Essex in the one day cup. 67/0 from 8 overs.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/glamorgan-v-essex-eagles-live-stream

Squarebear said:
Glamorgan in with a sniff chasing 290 v Essex in the one day cup. 67/0 from 8 overs.

https://glamorgancricket.com/news/glamorgan-v-essex-eagles-live-stream

Looks like we are in danger of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory again at the moment. 183-5 after 32overs. Just lost 4 wickets for 31 runs

Aye, the match was slipping away but Cullen and Cooke have got Glamorgan back into it.

It's roughly a run a ball needed from 8 overs, two of which will be bowled by the (expensive) seamers.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back