• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Glammy 2021 thread

Andrew Salter man of the match. The streets of Haverfordwest and Milford Haven will be buzzing tonight!!!
A great Pembs lad.

Carlson not only looks like Allan Lamb / Tom Selleck but he has Paul Newman's eyes!!!!

TheLoneRanger said:
Tremendous win - and that was without Colin Ingram, Timm van der Gugten, Dan Douthwaite, David Lloyd and Chris Cooke.

They agreed that whoever went to play in the hundred wouldn't get back in if they made the final apparently.

Durham went the other way.

That's the first time I've seen Carlson & he really impressed me, terrific innings & his captaincy was first rate as well.
Great to see Glammy winning a trophy 👍

BanosSwan said:
TheLoneRanger said:
Tremendous win - and that was without Colin Ingram, Timm van der Gugten, Dan Douthwaite, David Lloyd and Chris Cooke.

They agreed that whoever went to play in the hundred wouldn't get back in if they made the final apparently.

Durham went the other way.

I hope they stick with these players now, as they have performed superbly in this competition. None of the hundred players have pulled up trees for Glammy in the last couple of years, so hopefully they have the start of something special here.

Great team perfomance,especially in the field,well done Glammy.Oh and finally Wales online finally give some cricket coverage.

Bloody shame the only domestic 50 over competition has been devalued and sidelined so much by the Hundred this season though. No live coverage until the final which was played in Nottingham only two or three days after the semi. No sense of occasion at all. Still, brilliant to see Glamorgan win it and you could see how much it meant to the players.

Well done Glammy, fabulous win . Brilliant innings from Carlson, but everybody played their part .

exiledclaseboy said:
Bloody shame the only domestic 50 over competition has been devalued and sidelined so much by the Hundred this season though. No live coverage until the final which was played in Nottingham only two or three days after the semi. No sense of occasion at all. Still, brilliant to see Glamorgan win it and you could see how much it meant to the players.

Certainly more Welsh Fire in this lot than there is in that Hundred team !

I'm not interested in the Hundred and in no way has it diluted my enjoyment.
It was nice seeing my team that I have supported for 40 odd years win a trophy.

Remember going to Lords '77 Mike Llewellyns 6 and Brearley out first ball. Not really followed Glammy in recent years. Did watch last night though and really enjoyed well done Glammy.

I remember watching the great Matthew Maynard get a ton and still end up on a losing side in the 2000 final.
Plus a crocked Simon Jones in the 2013 final when we lost against Notts was a sad day.

Yesterday was sweet as we always looked focussed and were led so well by Carlson.
Salter got the scoreboard ticking past 250 which was key in my mind.
The bowlers did their job and it was one of our finest performances really.

Same old, same old. Glamorgan all out for 134. We don’t do very well in the longer game for some reason.

There is a possibility in the second innings that we could have :
Cooke caught Cook bowled Cook. :roll:

Looks like an innings defeat coming up.🙄
104 for 8 .

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads