• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Match Thread | Season 2023/24 l Leicester City vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Had to miss this one due to work, but from the comments here, and a couple I've seen from Leicester, we played our part, and not just when we were 3-0 down and the game was dead. Looks like we got shafted by the ref for the penalty as well.

We're Conceding a hatful of goals, as we should expect with Williams in charge - just not getting the 'even more' goals in the opposite net yet...that's the Williams bargain, right?: 'They're gonna score, but we're gonna score more'. Hopefully we'll start to see that happen over the last few months of the season...

Just watched the extended highlights on the OS. Didn't show much from us aside from calamity and a couple of shots from Yates (did somebody find his 'on' button?).

For all the goals Rushworth prevents for us, and he's been a bright spot in a crap season, he's also prone to gifting goal-scoring opportunities to the opposition when not under any pressure whatsoever. Just cut it out FFS, no need at all.

Oh, and Humphreys needs to be binned.

I shouldn't have complimented Yates at half time. Completely anonymous second half. Good for Martins to get 45 minutes, looked like he wanted to pitch in defensively as well as trying to go forward. Encouraging.

I feel a bit for Humphreys. The team does him no favours giving him the ball all the time and then hiding from it. When he does find a pass it's knocked straight back to him. Then he has to hoof it or give it away. Defensively he's not looked the part the whole time he's been here but a young defender needs structure and organisation around him to cover for lapses and he's got Wood and Tymon either side who are rarely within 10 yards of where they're supposed to be. You can't play a high line when no one is keeping in line.

I only saw the last 10mins of the first half. On two occasions we got the ball to the edge of their box and were in 2 on 2/3 scenarios. Both resulted in us moving the ball back to Rushworth. I understand the philosophy of dominating the ball but there has to be a line drawn somewhere. No other team does this that I’ve seen. The opposition must be licking their lips.

I shouldn't have complimented Yates at half time. Completely anonymous second half. Good for Martins to get 45 minutes, looked like he wanted to pitch in defensively as well as trying to go forward. Encouraging.

I feel a bit for Humphreys. The team does him no favours giving him the ball all the time and then hiding from it. When he does find a pass it's knocked straight back to him. Then he has to hoof it or give it away. Defensively he's not looked the part the whole time he's been here but a young defender needs structure and organisation around him to cover for lapses and he's got Wood and Tymon either side who are rarely within 10 yards of where they're supposed to be. You can't play a high line when no one is keeping in line.
I agree that Humphries is being given the short end of the stick at the moment, I get that Williams wants his full backs playing more like wingers than wingbacks and so their position is to instructions but for a passing team the man on the ball should always have two minimum but preferably three or more options to pass the ball.

Sometimes the man on the ball (often Humphries in this case) was left with literally zero options to pass the ball, result being either to send it long with mixed success or try to force a pass with very limited success.

Grimes and Fulton are often not acting as pivots but more as a wall, you pass the ball to them only for it to be bounced straight back to you rather than moved on to another player who the original line of pass to was blocked.

The worst part about that is often they aren't even getting their heads up or receiving the ball on the half turn to look at what their options are before sending it straight back to the guy who was being closed down / put under pressure.

Glass is full again after of 2+years of drabness at our Club - on and off the pitch.
Positivity and optimism is the only prism right now. No sarcasm, whatsoever.

I too share your 'wtf - could this be Martin 2.0 etc' but from what I've heard he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt - he's 'absolutely no Martinballist', far from it, apparently.

What we do need is your son and his mates calling/shouting out : 'he's doing a Martinball on us', as will I. In no way should we let that happen to our Club ever again.
Fair enough. Always hard to see the wood for the trees (no pun intended), particularly after another defeat and going a goal down after two minutes. While I have concerns about the way Williams sets up his teams initially (Grimes-Fulton in MF; Patino and Allen on the bench; Cullen out wide; Wood on the coach in the first place), he does seem to be a pragmatist willing to adapt to circumstances, while having a style to his play that Duff only briefly showed during his tenure. And it was an enjoyable watch last night. You've persuaded me - glass is half full!

We have 36hrs to attempt to get one maybe two centre backs in to try and shore up that defence or its going to be a bumpey road between now and the end of the season, playing Wood and Humphreys will see us flurt with relegation, trust me we ain't out of the woods 😉 yet...

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back