• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Match Thread | Season 2023/24 l Leicester City vs Swansea City | The EFL Championship

Agreed let's hope we don't now need to bring in Cabango.
And re Ronnie, a big fillip.
What one or two in do we need most, Max ?

Defo CB and CF
Midfields not good enough in my opinion, still need more pace in the team as well.

I actually enjoyed quite a lot of tonight’s match - a lot of positives… we’d beat most teams playing like that IF we can cut out the kamikaze moments in defence
It's been 2+years since most proper fans have been able to say that, with a straight face.

A whole host of us are now champing at the bit to get down the Swnsea.com after 2 years of vacuous, nothingness and indifference.

More positives than negatives tonight which I thought was gonna be a long one after the 1st goal.

Agreed let's hope we don't now need to bring in Cabango.
And re Ronnie, a big fillip.
What one or two in do we need most, Max ?

Defo CB and CF
We have loads of CBs. Darling and Cabango are both good enough for the job IMO. Judging by tonight’s performance Yates (along with Cullen and Lowe, when he’s fit) could do the job for us at CF as well.
What we need most is creativity in midfield. Why on earth is Patino not getting any game time? Is Fulton holding Luke Williams’ rabbit hostage or something?
Thought Paterson had a great game.

End on a high note. Manager must jump on this and use it to carry positivity forward. Look for anything, no matter how small it may be, build confidence around the place.
It looks like he will, and Matty and the boys will too. Momentum is with us.

A massive learning curve accelerated - which Luke hit head on, no deflection, no compromise.

If we play with the swagger and confidence gained from playing Prem level teams and managers, Luke / we should properly kick on and steadily grow from being chucked in the deep end.

With Ronnie and hopefully a couple of crucial top level targets acquired, anything is possible this term.....

A massive learning curve accelerated - which Luke hit head on, no deflection, no compromise.

If we play with the swagger and confidence gained from playing Prem level teams and managers, Luke / we should properly kick on and steadily grow from being chucked in the deep end.

With Ronnie and hopefully a couple of crucial top level targets acquired, anything is possible this term.....
This guys on a fucking wind up surely

We have loads of CBs. Darling and Cabango are both good enough for the job IMO. Judging by tonight’s performance Yates (along with Cullen and Lowe, when he’s fit) could do the job for us at CF as well.
What we need most is creativity in midfield. Why on earth is Patino not getting any game time? Is Fulton holding Luke Williams’ rabbit hostage or something?
Thought Paterson had a great game.
None of our CBs are good enough, right now for this league. Most esp Calamity Cabango.

We need more than just 'do the job for us' up top.

Our spine is solid at GK and midfield - It's severely lacking and debilitating at CB and up top.

Imagine an Oli McB as our focal point.... we're an entirely different, altogether elevated beast

You are scaring me a bit tonight, Newquay, because I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not...
Grimes could have given Harvey 'Two Face' Dent a run for his money tonight. At times he bombed forward with purpose, for much of the game he was content to hold up play and turn promising attacks into retreats.
Full credit is due. At 1-0 down after two minutes we could have seen confidence collapse and another 5-0 drubbing, but we fought back and that scoreline no way reflected the balance of the game. For the life of me I don't know who that credit is due to, though. Williams (who looked haunted and a bit lost for most of the game)? The players? The kit boy who dropped his amphetamines in the half-time tea urn?
If this is Williams' plan coming together, no one will be happier than me. But I haven't got a clue as to whether his plan is to be Martin 2.0 or Sheehan 1.1.

None of our CBs are good enough, right now for this league. Most esp Calamity Cabango.

We need more than just 'do the job for us' up top.

Our spine is solid at GK and midfield - It's severely lacking and debilitating at CB and up top.

Imagine an Oli McB as our focal point.... we're an entirely different, altogether elevated beast
Talking of McB, started the game for Sheff Utd at Palace and was statistically Sheffield's top performer, was taken off after 65 minutes though, he still signing for us?

Our goals conceded since boxing day is horrendous. Only Josh Key in my eyes I would say is a 7th to 12th Championship defender. The rest are L1. You need pace in this league along with a football brain and some level of technique. Sadly we are so lightweight in quality.

You are scaring me a bit tonight, Newquay, because I can't tell whether you are being sarcastic or not...
Grimes could have given Harvey 'Two Face' Dent a run for his money tonight. At times he bombed forward with purpose, for much of the game he was content to hold up play and turn promising attacks into retreats.
Full credit is due. At 1-0 down after two minutes we could have seen confidence collapse and another 5-0 drubbing, but we fought back and that scoreline no way reflected the balance of the game. For the life of me I don't know who that credit is due to, though. Williams (who looked haunted and a bit lost for most of the game)? The players? The kit boy who dropped his amphetamines in the half-time tea urn?
If this is Williams' plan coming together, no one will be happier than me. But I haven't got a clue as to whether his plan is to be Martin 2.0 or Sheehan 1.1.
Glass is full again after of 2+years of drabness at our Club - on and off the pitch.
Positivity and optimism is the only prism right now. No sarcasm, whatsoever.

I too share your 'wtf - could this be Martin 2.0 etc' but from what I've heard he needs to be given the benefit of the doubt - he's 'absolutely no Martinballist', far from it, apparently.

What we do need is your son and his mates calling/shouting out : 'he's doing a Martinball on us', as will I. In no way should we let that happen to our Club ever again.

Talking of McB, started the game for Sheff Utd at Palace and was statistically Sheffield's top performer, was taken off after 65 minutes though, he still signing for us?
Sincerely hope so, just as I was this time last year. It only fell through due to Blades pulling out 11th hour. Hence Grant
He's just what we need, and we're just what he needs and wants. Hope we don't end up with a Grant.

Sincerely hope so, just as I was this time last year. It only fell through due to Blades pulling out 11th hour. Hence Grant
He's just what we need, and we're just what he needs and wants. Hope we don't end up with a Grant.
Jesus wept, are you on day release?

2024/2025 fixture list release

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back