• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Planet Swans January 2021 Transfer Thread

Are you happy with our January transfer dealings?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Transfer News

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Probably slightly later than we should have opened it but a thread for January transfer rumours

Post those tweets, news articles and rumours all here - saved it one place so we can look back and see just how accurate they are :lol:

Steve Cooper's significant transfer window hint as Swansea City boss makes loan admission

Source: Wales Online

Steve Cooper says Swansea City aren't looking solely at the loan market this month as they bid to bolster their squad in the January transfer window.

The Swansea head coach is understood to be eager to recruit a striker and a No.10 this month.

After the 2-0 FA Cup third round victory over Stevenage, the Swansea boss also revealed his side are also on the lookout for a new goalkeeper following the news that second choice shot stopper Steven Benda requires an ankle operation to repair an injury he sustained in training.

And Cooper has stated the Swans could potentially bring new faces to the Liberty Stadium on a loan or permanent basis this month.

When asked if they were operating solely in the loan window in January, Cooper responded: "No, not really. We're open to either. There's a lot of things you've got to get over the line to get a signing done, but we'll wait and see."

Swansea have seen Morgan Gibbs-White and Kasey Palmer return to Wolves and Bristol City respectively this month while it remains possible that Viktor Gyokeres - who netted his first goal for the club at Stevenage - could head back to Brighton.

"Obviously, until something gets over the line, we won't get too ahead of ourselves or excited," he said.

"We're working really hard, we know what we want to do and if the things that we're trying to do come off, I think it'll be good.

"It is important to add, they've got to be the right players and characters. I'm not just going to bring bodies in for the sake of bringing them in because our culture is too strong.

"But at the same time, in an ideal world, we will be able to add one or two. We're working on a few things, and if it comes off, then great, but if not, as you know, we'll work with the players and continue to give our best."

The winter window closes at 11pm on February 1.

Southampton star undergoes surgery after failed January transfer move to Swansea City

Source: Hampshire Live

Southampton striker Michael Obafemi has today undergone successful surgery to correct a muscle injury that scuppered a January transfer move to Swansea City.

The young striker, who has not featured as much as he would have liked for Saints this season, sustained the blow in first-team training as his side prepared to do battle with Liverpool on Monday night.

His injury came during a bruising week for Southampton in which Oriol Romeu, Che Adams and Obafemi were all sidelined, missing the visit of Jurgen Klopp's champions.

Ultimately, the trio were not needed as Ralph Hasenhuttl's side secured a historic win without them - but of Obafemi, the injury had more costly consequences.

HampshireLive understands that the youngster was on the brink of securing a loan move to Swansea City that could have offered him some much-needed game time between now and the end of the season.

But instead, he was booked in for surgery this afternoon, surgery that has proven successful in correcting the issue.

He will now return to Staplewood following a short resting period to start his recovery.

The striker said on his Instagram page: "Successful surgery, I thank god!

"I will be back soon. Thank you for all the messages and for your continued support."

0_obafemi.jpg

WHY STEVE COOPER COULD HAVE THE FIRST SAY AS SWANSEA BATTLE STOKE CITY FOR ‘TALENTED’ SPURS MAN

Source: The 72.co.uk

Tottenham Hotspur’s Jack Clarke came off the bench in his side’s FA Cup win over Marine at the weekend, with a Championship loan move looking likely for him this month.

Tottenham won 5-0 at non-league Marine to progress into the next round of the FA Cup. Clarke would come on for only his third Spurs appearance of the season, having this month been touted with a Championship loan.

All of Middlesbrough, Stoke City and Swansea City have been linked. Neil Warnock though has played down the rumours linking him with Clarke, seemingly leaving Stoke and Swansea in pole position to bring in the 20-year-old.

Formerly of Leeds United, Clarke is still very much progressing in his career. He exploded onto the scene at Elland Road in the 2018/19 season and would soon after complete his move to Tottenham, where he’d be immediately loaned back to Leeds.

Marcelo Bielsa though would limit Clarke to just one Championship appearance in the first-half of the season, before Spurs recalled him and loaned him to QPR.

He made a further six appearances for the Rs and looked to be lacking some confidence after his Leeds treatment. Now though, having impressed Jose Mourinho upon his return, Clarke after training with the likes of Gareth Bale and Heung-Min Son looks a lot sharper.

Coming on in the 65th-minute, Clarke made an impressive cameo for Spurs. Albeit it against eight-tier Marine, Clarke looked energetic when he came on and he’ll no doubt be raring for more of the same.

The Championship is a league he knows and either one of Stoke or Swansea would be a good fit. Stoke sit in 8th-place of the Championship table – two points off the top-six. They’ve this season emerged as play-off contenders but with the injury to Tyrese Campbell, Stoke are lacking in the pace department.

Michael O’Neill could well make Clarke his second January signing after Rabbi Matondo’s loan move, and it could prove a shrewd one. Beating the promotion-chasing Swans to this deal looks an uphill battle though.

The same could be said for Swansea City though. Steve Cooper’s side having snatched a last-gasp top-six spot last time round look a much more rounded unit this season as they sit in 2nd-place of the Championship table.

Cooper having already proved so influential in the loan market could well be ahead of Stoke in the race for Clarke – his dynamism would hugely benefit Swansea’s style, giving them added numbers in the attacking department as they vie to keep hold of their top-two spot.

For Clarke though, be it Stoke or Swansea, a Championship loan move looks inevitable this month, and after impressing yesterday it could well put O’Neill and Cooper on alert.

1292109875-1.jpg

:idea:
Transfer News said:
Probably slightly later than we should have opened it but a thread for January transfer rumours

Post those tweets, news articles and rumours all here - saved it one place so we can look back and see just how accurate they are :lol:

‘Daps :loudspeaker: here’s one for you!!

Loanee drops hint on his Brighton future amid transfer interest from 'big club'

Source: Sussex Live

Striker Viktor Gyokeres says he is committed to Brighton despite a "big club" keeping tabs on him.

The 22-year-old is currently on a season-long loan at Championship promotion chasers Swansea City.

The Swedish international has played 12 times for the Welsh outfit but most of them have been as a substitute.

He bagged his first goal for the Swans in their 2-0 away win against Stevenage in the FA Cup on Saturday but he is playing second fiddle to Andre Ayew up front.

Now it has emerged that Swedish club Malmo FF are reportedly interested in the Brighton forward, something that Gyokeres is flattered by.

Although he says he sees a future at Albion, he has not ruled out something happening in the summer.

Competition for places in the striker department at the Seagulls is fierce, with Neal Maupay, Danny Welbeck, Aaron Connolly, Percy Tau, Andi Zeqiri, and the injured Florin Andone vying to be the top dog.

"My agent has told me about their [Malmo's] interest. I have heard that they have been interested, it is not so much more than what has happened," he told Fotbollskanalen.

"It is a nice association in Sweden. It's always fun to hear that a big club is interested.

"Right now I am focusing on Swansea, I have not thought of anything else if I am to be completely honest.

"I see a future in Brighton, but it is also up to them. We'll see.

"Right now I'm in Swansea and I do not have much focus on that right now. This summer we will see what it looks like."

Malmo won the Swedish Premier League equivalent, Allsvenskan, last season and are in with a chance of qualifying for the Champions League.

The chance of European football may be a tempting offer for the Swede.

Gyokeres spent last season on loan with German second-tier club St Pauli, scoring seven goals in 26 appearances.

He scored his first senior goal for Brighton in September in the Carabao Cup win over Portsmouth.

At the time of his move, Brighton Technical Director Dan Ashworth said: “Viktor has made good progress last season and at the start of this one; his selection for our three Carabao Cup ties reflects that.

“This loan spell is the next stage in his development. He will get regular game-time at Championship level, and with a club Graham knows well.

“We wish him well for the season ahead at Swansea and David Weir’s loans team will be monitoring his performances closely.”

Head coach Graham Potter used to manage Swansea back in the 2018/19 season.

0_GettyImages-1295492184.jpg

Right now I’m at Swansea and I do not have much focus on that.

We can tell, Victor

A big club keeping tabs on Gyokeres? :lol:

I missed that Morgan Gibbs-White has been recalled. Gutted about that. The boy is class and would have been a big boost for the second half of the season.

WANTAWAY STRIKER SAYS NOW IS THE ‘PERFECT TIME’ TO MOVE – DERBY COUNTY LONG-TERM SUITORS, SWANSEA CITY ‘IN THE MARKET’

Source: The 72

Bodo/Glimt’s Kasper Junker was the subject of transfer speculation leading up to January. Now, the striker has made known his desire to move.
From the Championship, all of Barnsley, Bristol City, Derby County, Middlesbrough and Swansea City have been linked with Junker at some point. Derby though were first linked with Junker last summer. With the Dane having since finished the 2019 Norwegian Eliteserien with 27 goals in 25 games, Derby’s interest has been reignited.

Swansea City seem to be the other side most likely to move for Junker this month. Steve Cooper is in the market for a striker having already seen his pursuit of Crawley Town’s Max Watters hit back – Junker then could find himself further up Swansea’s shopping list this month as they bid for automatic promotion to the Premier League.

With rumours rife but no activity, Junker has stated his readiness to take ‘the next step’ in his career, and how he’s staying match-ready in the Norwegian pre-season. He told The Athletic:

“You’ve got to stay sharp. Now the window is open, so you never know.”

He’s already seen his former teammate and housemate Philip Zinckernagel head for Watford. That won’t likely be the first Bodo/Glimt exit this month and Junker may not be the only other – a host of their players are wanted around Europe after their record-breaking Eliteserien title win.

“Everybody in the team is obviously ambitious to make the next step,” continued Junker. “For me, who is a little bit older than the other guys, the time has to be sooner but the ambition is very high in that club.

“The age I am now it’s the perfect time to make the next step but Philip (Zinckernagel) were there (at Bodo/Glimt) for more than one year.

“If I have to stay for one more year, then that’s no problem but it’s very good for the club and the players that big clubs come and look at our players because it shows that we are doing something right.”

Aged 26, Junker is coming into the prime of his career. His 27-goal haul last time round was something of an anomalous season though – the most amount of goals he’d managed in a single season before the last was nine in all competitions.

Having journeyed through Scandinavian football to find himself on the radar of English clubs, Junker could well get his big break this month and it might not be in the Championship. Crystal Palace and West Brom are in the running now, with Celtic strongly linked too.

But if either Derby County or Swansea City could land Junker this month then it’d be a huge statement. Derby bidding for Championship survival and a new era under new owners and new management, and Swansea vying for promotion to the Premier League after a two year absence.

624413200.jpg

A few people on twitter linking us with Josh Onomah at Fulham. Came through the ranks at Spurs and is a CAM. Rough injury record though

https://twitter.com/ianmitchelmore/status/1348991875609473031?s=21

Looks like the expected departure of Gyokeres could be close

Just seen this on Stateside Jacks discord site. No idea if it is reliable or BS

"According to a friend who has a contact who works at Cardiff City, Watters is having a medical there tomorrow. Fee close to GBP2m, so we are priced out."

also they havent got a pot to piss in, cant see them spending 2mil when they did on Moore. Also nowt on their side, which usually has rumours on it

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back