• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Official Planet Swans January 2021 Transfer Thread

Are you happy with our January transfer dealings?

• Yes

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Long term project for a young player, Whits must be chuffed with the deal and the club may make him a star. In terms of retaining Ayew and Lowe and bringing in Morris, that was one outstanding transfer window, albeit we didnt net an out and out striker which all our rivals seem to have, bar injury. Good to be different, onwards and a little upwards we go.

mrploppy said:
Glyn1 said:
No-one should be signing children up anyway, and getting a work permit for a player may be another bit of bureaucracy but it's not the end of the world. I'm still curious if people who voted for Brexit, because they were told there would be less paperwork, are feeling like idiots right now.

"Football transfers are not the same. There are many hidden consequences from Brexit even in the world of sport. If a football team in England now wants to sign a player from a team in the EU they will first have to obtain a work permit. In addition, signing a player under the age of 18 is now strictly off-limits."

Do you really think people voted for Brexit "because they were told there would be less paperwork"? What a strange comment. But to answer your question - no. The exact opposite, in fact.

? =So perhaps you yourself voted for more firms having paperwork but that there would be benefits elsewhere? Don't remember that being mentioned before the vote. My nana who lives in Marbella, Spain who voted for Brexit is extremely pissed off. Hard to keep a straight face.

Usual thing ... moved there with her husband, who died before her, so she's by herself in a foreign country. Still doesn't want to come back to the UK. And she still fully supports Nigel Farrage and Brexit.

STEVE COOPER HAPPY WITH SWANSEA CITY'S TRANSFER BUSINESS

Source: Swansea Official Site

Steve Cooper reflected on a successful January transfer deadline day at Swansea City after adding three new faces to his squad.

American international Paul Arriola arrived on loan from DC United while Morgan Whittaker and Kieron Freeman joined from Derby County and Swindon Town.

Freeman’s deal also saw Jordon Garrick head in the other direction as he linked up with the Robins on loan for the rest of the campaign.

And the Swans boss was happy with the club’s dealings in what was the final period to do business before the end of the season.

“I’m pleased we didn’t lose anybody. Like anything, you bring players in with the idea that it can help you,” said Cooper.

“The proof will be in the pudding. I’m very happy with the squad of players anyway, but it's always good to get some fresh faces in, and hopefully it can help us going forward.

“Morgan’s one for the future. How much of an impact he’ll have short-term, we’re not too sure. We’re really happy he’s with us. He’s a young player with potential and we’re looking forward to seeing him develop.

“Paul Arriola won’t be with us for a while. Coming from the US, it’s harder to get in. We’re not quite sure when he’ll arrive.

“We’re really happy that Kerion’s joined us. It happened later than we would have liked, but it’s done now and we’ve got good strength in depth on the right.

“The more players you can bring in with the experience of winning promotion the better. Kieron really does that.

“We had to bring in bodies, now we’ve done that it’s about putting it all together.”

Kieron%20Freeman%2016x9.jpg

swansnews said:
STEVE COOPER HAPPY WITH SWANSEA CITY'S TRANSFER BUSINESS

Steve Cooper reflected on a successful January transfer deadline day at Swansea City after adding three new faces to his squad.

American international Paul Arriola arrived on loan from DC United while Morgan Whittaker and Kieron Freeman joined from Derby County and Swindon Town.

Freeman’s deal also saw Jordon Garrick head in the other direction as he linked up with the Robins on loan for the rest of the campaign.

And the Swans boss was happy with the club’s dealings in what was the final period to do business before the end of the season.

“I’m pleased we didn’t lose anybody. Like anything, you bring players in with the idea that it can help you,” said Cooper.

“The proof will be in the pudding. I’m very happy with the squad of players anyway, but it's always good to get some fresh faces in, and hopefully it can help us going forward.

“Morgan’s one for the future. How much of an impact he’ll have short-term, we’re not too sure. We’re really happy he’s with us. He’s a young player with potential and we’re looking forward to seeing him develop.

“Paul Arriola won’t be with us for a while. Coming from the US, it’s harder to get in. We’re not quite sure when he’ll arrive.

“We’re really happy that Kerion’s joined us. It happened later than we would have liked, but it’s done now and we’ve got good strength in depth on the right.

“The more players you can bring in with the experience of winning promotion the better. Kieron really does that.

“We had to bring in bodies, now we’ve done that it’s about putting it all together.”

Kieron%20Freeman%2016x9.jpg

Will be referring to him as Paul Nipples unless he turns out to be an American Roberto Carlos.

Steve Cooper addresses links to Leeds United's Sam Greenwood and transfer interest in Swansea City players as Jordon Garrick exit explained

Source: Wales Online

Steve Cooper has revealed Swansea City made enquiries over a number of players during the course of the January transfer window.

The Swans brought in Morgan Whittaker, Paul Arriola and Kieron Freeman on transfer deadline day having already recruited Ben Hamer, Conor Hourihane and Jordan Morris earlier on in the winter window.

Following Swansea's 3-1 triumph over Rotherham United last weekend, Cooper admitted he wanted additional cover for Andre Ayew and Jamal Lowe after discovering that Liam Cullen would be out for several months with an ankle injury.

Leeds United forward Sam Greenwood is among those who was linked with a loan switch to the Liberty Stadium.

And Cooper says the Swans were turned down by some clubs when making approaches for players.

When asked about interest in Greenwood, Cooper responded: "I don’t know.

"We were in for quite a number of players over the last few months, some that were kept lukewarm and some you turned down straight away.

"There’s a long list of players we enquired about."

Jordon Garrick was the only senior player to leave Swansea on deadline day, with the winger joining Swindon Town on loan for the rest of the season.

During the course of the transfer window, Cooper regularly spoke about the need to keep hold of his key first team stars.

And while he admits there will no doubt have been interest in some of his players, Cooper stressed that he was not aware of any concrete offers being made for anyone.

"I'm sure there was [interest]. Nothing really ended up on my desk, so I don't know too much about it," he explained.

"The most important thing is we haven't lost anybody so that's the only thing that I was focusing on.

"Now that the window has gone, we can look forward."

0_garrick.jpg

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY SWITCH CAPS "WHIRLWIND" PERIOD FOR KIERON FREEMAN

Kieron Freeman has reflected on a “whirlwind” few days after completing a deadline day switch to the Liberty Stadium.

The 28-year-old put pen to paper on a contract until the end of the season, with the defender training with Steve Cooper’s squad on Tuesday.

Freeman, who only joined League One side Swindon in early January, is now looking ahead to what he hopes will be an exciting second half of the campaign.

“It’s been a whirlwind – a bit surreal if anything,” he said. “I found out there was interest a couple of days ago and it is an opportunity I think anyone would have jumped at with both hands.

“It’s been nice to get out and train with the lads and meet all the staff, and everyone has been really welcoming.

“It is a good opportunity for me and I’m really excited to get going. There are good players here already and hopefully I can add to that.”

One player that Freeman is familiar with is Connor Roberts, with the pair both having been involved with Wales, as well as former Swans defender Joe Rodon.

And another ex-Swansea player has welcomed the defender with open arms to SA1.

“I’ve been away in a few Wales camps in the past, so I know Connor and Joe – who has gone now – but it has been nice to see Connor again.

“I messaged Oli (McBurnie) a Swans emoji too! And he replied with ‘two things I love – Freeman and Swans!’”

“It’s a club that is close to his (McBurnie’s) heart. We got on really well at Sheffield United and even outside of football we are really close and speak a lot. He was buzzing just as much as me I think.”

Freeman came through the youth ranks at Nottingham Forest, making his senior debut in August 2011.

After a series of loan spells, he found a home at Sheffield United and went on to make over 100 appearances for the Blades.

The defender played a key role in the side that won promotion from League One in 2017 before featuring over 20 times as Chris Wilder’s side reached the Premier League two seasons ago.

“When we got promoted from League One, I played the majority of the games,” he said. “Coming into the Championship and then finishing tenth, we soon realised it isn’t just about 11 players – it is a squad game, there are a lot of midweek games and it is all about how good your squad is.

“You have to stick together because everyone has a part to play.”

Steve Cooper’s men currently sit second in the Championship table and face table toppers Norwich at the Liberty on Friday night.

And Freeman – who is no stranger to the Liberty Stadium – is looking forward to the second half of the season.

“The last time I was down here, I played for Wales against England for the Under-21s,” he said. “I remember the seafront and it has brought back some good memories for me.

“I’m delighted to be here and can’t wait to get started.

“There’s a great incentive between now and the end of the season. We just have to take each game as it comes and do our best.”

Kieron%20Freeman%20Wales.jpg

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back