• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The Pembrokeshire Murders on ITV

dickythorpe

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
Lacks a bit of suspense as the killer was already in prison for another crime.
However I'm not sure what to make of Luke Evans?
He's been panned by some critics but he always speaks very well when interviewed.
Just thinka he needs more challenging parts.
Also the poor ladies that tweet about how stunning he is obviously haven't done their research. :lol:

Horrible murders though and while they remained unsolved they dogged Dyfed Powys police for years.

I enjoyed the first episode but missed the 2nd, so will catch up. Anything with Keith Allen in is always entertaining.

Keith Allen had a very convincing "lower class" Pembs accent.
If you've been around " Har'fordwest, the Dock and Milford " you'll know what I mean.
Surprised he didn't say "why aye mun"

Looking forward to the last episode, if looking forward is the correct term!
I remember the case at the time, but not aware how he was finally convicted so will be interesting to find out how they nailed him.
I do think that the story has been well portraid and the cast are excellent.

It’s boring the hell out of me if I’m being honest. Wife seems to be enjoying it.

In a documentary these awful murders could be done in an hour if not less.
Why they made 3 hour long episodes out of it seems like a pat on the back to Jonathan Hill the itv Wales anchorman who's involved.
Anyway it's what puts me off drama serials/soap opera plotlines.........it takes too long to get to the end.

I enjoyed it.

Didn’t think some of the acting was the best, a very powerful ending.

Very good indeed, didn't over do it, really well put over.
Thought the acting was good too.

Lifelong said:
I enjoyed it.

Didn’t think some of the acting was the best, a very powerful ending.

Some of them barely had any lines to learn!!!
Ridiculous overkill of Welsh actors. I was half expecting Talfryn Thomas of the Allbright adverts to turn up!!!

Its astounding that after being convicted and being in prison for 10 years it was then by accident they discovered he had been on bullseye, a bit of basic detective work should have unearthed that

I enjoyed it. Thought the acting was good - I actually liked the use of plenty of Welsh actors. Good to see William Thomas (aka Bryn Cartwright).

They did overdo it a bit with the length though, I can understand why some found it boring. It's essentially a hunt for a man's shorts that they then test for DNA.

Documentary on tonight discussing the murders.

Enjoyable enough to watch - would have been better over two episodes rather than three but that's ITV's normal style to stretch things out as much as they can when they add it to the soaps they have a weeks worth of entertainment

Must be the easiest job in the world being in charge of programming at ITV

If its morning its the same stuff every weekday
Lunchtime news
If its afternoon perm any three quiz shows from five but make sure to include Tipping Point and The Chase as a minimum
Early evening news
Evening - minimum 3 soap episodes, extended drama and if space add in random programme with Bradley Walsh
Evening news

I thought the last bit of the documentary was interesting, namely the unexplained death of the elderly lady the bastard used to do odd jobs for. Found drowned in her bath, despite there being no hot water turned on in the house at the time, valuable items missing and the wrong one of two back doors locked, she only used to lock the inner one, but that was unlocked and the outer one was locked. Odds on he did that too, but impossible to prove.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back