• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

The summer of test cricket - Ashes 2023

I tell you what I had a feeling this was coming, Head had to stay in for new ball and take the game away from England.

Instead all the pressure back on the boys. 350 a good score but with the position we were in we should be killing the saes mentally.

Big spin for Root there to dismiss Head.

Lyon seen grinning from ear to ear.

JustJack said:
Unless there is a cunning plan at play here then this is catastrophic display.

Plenty of time left though.

"Don't worry Baldrick, we'll lull them into such a false sense of security that they'll practically be putty in our hands"

England were poo poo.. yet take a few early wickets and weirdly they'll become favourites

Skippyjack said:
England were poo poo.. yet take a few early wickets and weirdly they'll become favourites

Not sure about favourites but those two Root wickets certainly kept us in the game. A massive missed opportunity today but Australia were excellent.

Playing the World Test Champions is different level to bullying a poor New Zealand side and an Indian team in transition, still all to play for, but if the Aussies can go 2-0 up then it's curtains, lots of cricket to play out first...

Swanjaxs said:
Playing the World Test Champions is different level to bullying a poor New Zealand side and an Indian team in transition, still all to play for, but if the Aussies can go 2-0 up then it's curtains, lots of cricket to play out first...

That poor NZ side were world test champions until a month ago, the India side in transition were world Test championship finalists a month ago and beat Australia in Australia. And you forgot about the unprecedented 3-0 win in Pakistan and beating South Africa. That said I don’t disagree with your general point, Australia are always the toughest challenge and going 2-0 down would be curtains. But there’s no need to rewrite history.

exiledclaseboy said:
That poor NZ side were world test champions until a month ago, the India side in transition were world Test championship finalists a month ago and beat Australia in Australia. And you forgot about the unprecedented 3-0 win in Pakistan and beating South Africa. That said I don’t disagree with your general point, Australia are always the toughest challenge and going 2-0 down would be curtains. But there’s no need to rewrite history.

Yes, but beating those really means nothing if you lose the Ashes. It's all that matters innit? Its the equivalent of Wales having 4 years to prepare for the Egg chasing world cup and turning up like they going too. This Bazball is great, but having a plan b would help....doesn't look like they have one against the Aussies.

exiledclaseboy said:
Not sure about favourites but those two Root wickets certainly kept us in the game. A massive missed opportunity today but Australia were excellent.

From all I've read and heard England were poor in the field this morning dropped catches that the Aussies would have taken, need early wickets in the first hour tomorrow, or they'll be two tests down, why Stokes has kept Wood back I don't know, they needed to take wickets early doors, keeping Woods for the next test etc, they could be out of it by then.

Niigata Jack said:
From all I've read and heard England were poor in the field this morning dropped catches that the Aussies would have taken, need early wickets in the first hour tomorrow, or they'll be two tests down, why Stokes has kept Wood back I don't know, they needed to take wickets early doors, keeping Woods for the next test etc, they could be out of it by then.

England were poor all day given all the conditions were in their favour, no getting away from that.

exiledclaseboy said:
England were poor all day given all the conditions were in their favour, no getting away from that.

I came home from work and Aussies were 142-3 so I didn't put it on, last thing I needed to see was the Aussies hitting the ball to all parts. :x

Niigata Jack said:
I came home from work and Aussies were 142-3 so I didn't put it on, last thing I needed to see was the Aussies hitting the ball to all parts. :x

Should have been in even deeper sh*t.

I can understand Travis Head wanting to put pressure on Root and make hay before new ball, but running down the wicket was ridiculous. If he had stayed around the game would have been taken away from England. Back in it now with the conditions and new ball, wickets could tumble.

https://twitter.com/bigotrivia/status/1673929488336560129?s=46&t=p94KZqA33SfSPKkithZEfA
Bloody hell, what’s all that about? To be like that with eachother in their senior years. Don’t often see that in boxing never mind cricket.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back