• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

This danger to life

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:
Be safe pal don’t go getting scorched to death.

It’s about people not being able to breathe Darran, not sitting out and getting sunburn.
The difference between there and here when it’s a high temperature is incredible. It’s almost impossible here as the heat just bounces off all the buildings and it’s like an oven.
Everyone here at the moment is trying to work out where to go early next week to get away from it.

Yeah but you’re not going to die Lis.

So a red warning is serious when it's for high winds or snow, but not for sun? Got it, thanks for clearing that up. After all, the star of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps isn't bothered...

The work event I was due to be at in London on Monday has been cancelled due to the inevitable disruption that’ll be caused to the transport network. Can’t say I’m disappointed, I was having to waste my Sunday travelling up there and didn’t fancy the prospect of not being able to get home. So Sunday is saved. All hail the sun gods!

JackSomething said:
So a red warning is serious when it's for high winds or snow, but not for sun? Got it, thanks for clearing that up. After all, the star of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps isn't bothered...

Oh shut up it’s scaremongering bollox.
Oh and the winter was mentioned in the opening post.

exiledclaseboy said:
The work event I was due to be at in London on Monday has been cancelled due to the inevitable disruption that’ll be caused to the transport network. Can’t say I’m disappointed, I was having to waste my Sunday travelling up there and didn’t fancy the prospect of not being able to get home. So Sunday is saved. All hail the sun gods!

That pleases me I’d be utterly devastated if something happened to you.

Darran said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
It’s about people not being able to breathe Darran, not sitting out and getting sunburn.
The difference between there and here when it’s a high temperature is incredible. It’s almost impossible here as the heat just bounces off all the buildings and it’s like an oven.
Everyone here at the moment is trying to work out where to go early next week to get away from it.

No, but neither will I die when it’s a flood and it still flooded me out of my house for 8 months last year after a red flood warning for London which wasn’t great.

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:

No, but neither will I die when it’s a flood and it still flooded me out of my house for 8 months last year after a red flood warning for London which wasn’t great.

I’m not talking about floods I’m asking why the f*ck every news channel,every weather report has to tell human beings what they should do if it’s hot.

Darran said:
Londonlisa2001 said:

I’m not talking about floods I’m asking why the f*ck every news channel,every weather report has to tell human beings what they should do if it’s hot.

They obviously issue red warnings for heat Willy-Nilly.
Oh, hang on, they’ve never done it before?
Ever?

Perhaps it’s unprecedented then and gives them cause for concern for people who are vulnerable so they warn so others can keep an eye out for them.
Bloody hell Darran. If you find it boring don’t watch it. No one is forcing you to presumably?

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:

Ever?

Perhaps it’s unprecedented then and gives them cause for concern for people who are vulnerable so they warn so others can keep an eye out for them.
Bloody hell Darran. If you find it boring don’t watch it. No one is forcing you to presumably?

I’m not going to watch it until Wednesday when everyone will still be alive.

Darran said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Ever?

Good for you.

The weirdest thing for me is not that society needs to be told it’s going to be hot, it’s that society needs to be told it’s ok to ignore stuff that doesn’t interest them without whining about it!

Londonlisa2001 said:
Darran said:

Good for you.

The weirdest thing for me is not that society needs to be told it’s going to be hot, it’s that society needs to be told it’s ok to ignore stuff that doesn’t interest them without whining about it!

Society is broken.

It was estimated an extra 10,000 people died in a fortnight in France during the 2003 heatwave. That, in a country used to high temperatures. Our Aircon in the car decided to pack up at 37°C. Windows down and it was still unbearably hot. The elderly, people with respiratory problems, it's going to be horrible for them.

Saying that, you'll be ok in Swansea :cloud:

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back