• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

This danger to life

Following on from Cudeys post yesterday...my garden thermometer ( in the shade) is reading 33degrees.

#prayfordarran
#gammonswillmoan

The BBC news were just on about the heatwave and the reporter asked a woman “Can you just talk me through what you wore to bed last night?"

Please just f*ck off is it? :lol:

Darran said:
The BBC news were just on about the heatwave and the reporter asked a woman was “Can you just talk me through what you wore to bed last night?"

Please just f*ck off is it? :lol:

WTF :lol:

Why weather warnings are given is because there are an enormous amount of gaping arseholes in the UK who will go out in the midday sun with no sun block, dive into cold water and end up in A&E.

When abroad you don't see too many locals out and about in this weather because they are not stupid like us. I remember being in Crete and the hotel staff were telling everyone not to go on the sun beds between 12-4pm and to keep children and elderly in the shade as the temps were over 40. Yet one or two did go on the sun beds with one of them becoming ill afterwards.

Weather warnings are perfectly ok in my book, we have an infrastructure not built for warmer climates like abroad. Not everywhere has air con, our roads and rail are not built to withstand extreme temps either.

When people trivialise this they are usually the same people who trivialise covid, climate change and vaccinations. Know it alls who know the square root about fuck all.

From the BBC today

Today's heat looks like what Met Office predicted for 2050
In 2020 the Met Office published a hypothetical forecast for a week in July in 2050 - to show the impacts of climate change on our lives in coming decades.

But atmospheric scientist Dr Simon Lee tweeted that forecast now looks very similar to the predictions for today and tomorrow. In both forecasts, London is at 40C and Hull at 38C.

The Met Office told BBC News we are reaching temperatures now that were thought highly improbable a decade ago.

The heat we are experiencing this week is more in line with the extremes for 2050, they added.

Projections for 2050 also show the potential for temperatures to reach the low and mid-40s during extreme weather events.

According to the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA), about 1600 people died in the UK because of heatwaves in 2021 and about 2500 in 2020. It is even hotter this year.

It's pretty damn unbearable out in the sun today to be fair.

MrSwerve said:
It's pretty damn unbearable out in the sun today to be fair.

Only went outside for the first time today about 30 minutes ago just to put something in the bin and it felt pretty unpleasant. Most of our house stays pretty cool indoors so that's where I am! The Mrs has just gone out for a walk ffs but then she's been absolutely bonkers for the last 10-12 years anyway so I'm not surprised.

1540 was hot mind🥵
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_heat_waves

Darran said:
https://twitter.com/lanerobertlane/status/1548974225117020160?s=21&t=rZag5KKxwFkUk2hvQQ-Gsw

No one is arguing the point that stuff like that is silly. Unfortunately 24-hour news channels have to find content round the clock and often it can end up like that. News channels being silly doesn't make the situation irrelevant though.

Just been out in the car in Farnborough, Kent. Thermometer hit 39c. That's the highest I've ever seen in any of my cars over the years.

Recent survey said if you leave a dog in the car in this weather with the windows up, itll suffocate and die in 13 minutes.
But I found if you leave the heating on you can get it down to about 4.

Joke !!

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back