• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Thoughts on Martin's gameplan

A4Jack

Staff member
Reaction score
Very indepth breakdown of his plan vs Cardiff last season. Thoughts?

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/russell-martin-coaches-voice

Neath_Jack said:
He has a gameplan? :shock:

The thing is, is that he isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so there doesn't seem any other option other than to grit your teeth and support him, for now at least.

Seems like he was promised things this Transfer window about business getting done early in the window yet nothing of the sort as happened, very similar to Cooper and Potters time here.

He also said that he wants players who come in to improve the squad and not be just squad players and that doesn't look like its gonna happen.

Niigata Jack said:
The thing is, is that he isn't going anywhere anytime soon, so there doesn't seem any other option other than to grit your teeth and support him, for now at least.

Seems like he was promised things this Transfer window about business getting done early in the window yet nothing of the sort as happened, very similar to Cooper and Potters time here.

He also said that he wants players who come in to improve the squad and not be just squad players and that doesn't look like its gonna happen.

Max, I'll support the team as I have always done, will never boo them or him.

But, he doesn't help himself, I've got no respect for him, you have to earn that.

Was he promised things? What was he promised? I saw a quote from Winter, saying something about getting things done early in the window, but if the players are not available for the coin we've got, or other clubs are offering us less money than we want for other, what can we do? I'd rather we don't panic and place the club in danger in order for Winter or Russ to save face.

Don't get me wrong, it's always disappointing when we don't get players in but I've also zero confidence in Russ getting what we need and then playing them where they are needed. He's sucked the joy out of it for me.

Neath_Jack said:
Max, I'll support the team as I have always done, will never boo them or him.

But, he doesn't help himself, I've got no respect for him, you have to earn that.

Was he promised things? What was he promised? I saw a quote from Winter, saying something about getting things done early in the window, but if the players are not available for the coin we've got, or other clubs are offering us less money than we want for other, what can we do? I'd rather we don't panic and place the club in danger in order for Winter or Russ to save face.

Don't get me wrong, it's always disappointing when we don't get players in but I've also zero confidence in Russ getting what we need and then playing them where they are needed. He's sucked the joy out of it for me.

Fair comments, Martin said that he's had long discussion's with the yanks and expected support in this window, but its been slow in coming, he's ostracised the likes of Joseph and Whittaker without giving them a proper go, I suppose he's based those decisions on seeing them them in training on a daily basis.

I've stated many a time that I've got no love to him, but he seems to be learning all be it slowly as shown in some games where we've been outstanding and he's not going anywhere soon, just hope that we'll get one of two in that will strengthen/help the team to give us a decent run to the end of the season.

Niigata Jack said:
Fair comments, Martin said that he's had long discussion's with the yanks and expected support in this window, but its been slow in coming, he's ostracised the likes of Joseph and Whittaker without giving them a proper go, I suppose he's based those decisions on seeing them them in training on a daily basis.

I've stated many a time that I've got no love to him, but he seems to be learning all be it slowly as shown in some games where we've been outstanding and he's not going anywhere soon, just hope that we'll get one of two in that will strengthen/help the team to give us a decent run to the end of the season.

Based on his performance, results / transfers / loans / tactics etc, over the past 18 months. If you was his boss, would you give him a million + to spend in this window?

Neath_Jack said:
Based on his performance, results / transfers / loans / tactics etc, over the past 18 months. If you was his boss, would you give him a million + to spend in this window?

Well yeah, how much did he make on Flynn downes again?

We missed the boat with O’Reilly, would have been another big asset on our books.

Risc said:
Well yeah, how much did he make on Flynn downes again?

We missed the boat with O’Reilly, would have been another big asset on our books.

Not sure what that has to do with my question to be honest?

If the club selling a player for a big profit is something to trumpet the manager for, then the game really has gone as they say.

Neath_Jack said:

Yes we need to try and then see what those players brought in can do to improve us.

I don't know what supporters expect, we are Swansea city stuck in west wales we don't attract a lot of interest going on our sponsorship deals [premier league days apart] without decent income or owners with cash on hip looking to spend we are where we are a mid table Championship club, we ain't got the wealth of other clubs, we couldn't even attract a Manager after Cooper fuked off, we had to buy Martin from MKD's.

Don't think fans appreciate what Cooper achieved here with the budget he had, I didn't and was glad to see the back of him, [as I will be when Martin fuks off] but he was far better and fair more clued up than Martin as he's proved in getting Forest up, the job now is, to find another like him or Rogers, but will he be supported, I fuking doubt it, this lot that own us don't have the vision and that about sums it all up.

Niigata Jack said:
Yes we need to try and then see what those players brought in can do to improve us.

I don't know what supporters expect, we are Swansea city stuck in west wales we don't attract a lot of interest going on our sponsorship deals [premier league days apart] without decent income or owners with cash on hip looking to spend we are where we are a mid table Championship club, we ain't got the wealth of other clubs, we couldn't even attract a Manager after Cooper fuked off, we had to buy Martin from MKD's.

Don't think fans appreciate what Cooper achieved here with the budget he had, I didn't and was glad to see the back of him, [as I will be when Martin fuks off] but he was far better and fair more clued up than Martin as he's proved in getting Forest up, the job now is, to find another like him or Rogers, but will he be supported, I fuking doubt it, this lot that own us don't have the vision and that about sums it all up.

Great post.
You get people saying we deserve better and need to get back to get back to where we belong
We don’t deserve anything and have spent most of our history in the lower leagues.

Darran said:
Great post.
You get people saying we deserve better and need to get back to get back to where we belong
We don’t deserve anything and have spent most of our history in the lower leagues.

Fucking hell talk about dream killer.😥

Niigata Jack said:

Well I watched us coming through the league's from rock bottom to the top level and that's what I'm expecting again. Guess I'm wrong for that.

Niigata Jack said:

Max, one thing you will never hear me say is that we deserve to be in this league of the prem, never. But I will keep on that we have a half decent team here at the moment, but they are not being allowed to play, that is one of my biggest issues with him.

What do you mean we couldn't attract a manager after Cooper left? Of course we could, and always will as well. They will be queueing up to take charge down here, same as every other professional club in the land.

Agree that people don't appreciate what Cooper done here, he had a fantastic record, and has kept that going with Forest as well.

Nocountryforoldjack said:
Well I watched us coming through the league's from rock bottom to the top level and that's what I'm expecting again. Guess I'm wrong for that.

And I did, twice! I want us to get back to the Premier League, but I can't see any chance with these owners, they don't have the ambition to do so even though their rewards could be be great.

If there was/ had been money to spend Martin wouldn't be here now cause we would have attracted better,

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back