• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

TNS

Sorry mate, there really is no other hand to this, if TNS cross the line it will be absolutely amazing, for them and the profile of the Welsh Premier League and Welsh football in general ...
Agree with jaxs here, reaching the group stages for the first time is a huge achievement. Its the first baby step in getting there consistently, there will be a trickle down effect with time as TNS sign new players and sell off other players, some will go to other leagues but others will stay in the Welsh leagues and it will gradually drag up the level of competition.

In the era of Var?
Exactly.

The fact that neither the referee or linesman haven't seen that in real-time as a red card is hard to believe, that the referee would look at replays and still not send him off is mind-boggling. If I was UEFA, I'd be looking for dodgy payments into the ref's account after that...

Exactly.

The fact that neither the referee or linesman haven't seen that as a red card is hard to believe, that the referee would look at replays and still not send him off is mind-boggling. If I was UEFA, I'd be looking for dodgy payments into the ref's account after that...
100%

Absolutely no excuse not to send him off after what he did.

That type of tackle can end someone's career.

Just seen that our ex-youngster Dan Williams scored their second goal. Remember he scored in the Carabao Cup for us, was it the game that Whittaker scored a hat-trick?

100%

Absolutely no excuse not to send him off after what he did.

That type of tackle can end someone's career.
Not a single part of that tackle was aimed to win the ball.
If that had actually injured a player or the ref's failure to send him off despite VAR intervention had impacted the result then I would have been fuming. I can't think of any way that a "bucket seat" challenge like that is meant to win the ball and not snap a man's leg

Not a single part of that tackle was aimed to win the ball.
If that had actually injured a player or the ref's failure to send him off despite VAR intervention had impacted the result then I would have been fuming. I can't think of any way that a "bucket seat" challenge like that is meant to win the ball and not snap a man's leg
No place in football for a challenge like that.

Type of thing you see in the wrestling.

Sorry mate, there really is no other hand to this, if TNS cross the line it will be absolutely amazing, for them and the profile of the Welsh Premier League and Welsh football in general ...

If there's a distribution of money, yes

The likes of Briton Ferry don't get anything tangible from it otherwise

'Y Clwb Pel Droed' is a fantastic page on Facebook that covers Welsh domestic football, go and see yourself what the feeling is towards TNS from fans of other clubs in the league.

Just seen that our ex-youngster Dan Williams scored their second goal. Remember he scored in the Carabao Cup for us, was it the game that Whittaker scored a hat-trick?
Yes that was the game, a shot from the edge of the box.
I was impressed with him that night, he looked a decent prospect but I think that was his only first team start?

Yes that was the game, a shot from the edge of the box.
I was impressed with him that night, he looked a decent prospect but I think that was his only first team start?
He played the 90 against Reading in the previous round as well. Like quite a few that come through our ranks very tidy footballer but lacking that athletic edge.

I thought they f*cked it up the other night for a guaranteed place in the league/group phase.. but saying that, it wouldn't surprise me if they somehow f*ck this up, it'll be a typical Welsh sporting catastrophe.. where there has been plenty

If there's a distribution of money, yes

The likes of Briton Ferry don't get anything tangible from it otherwise

'Y Clwb Pel Droed' is a fantastic page on Facebook that covers Welsh domestic football, go and see yourself what the feeling is towards TNS from fans of other clubs in the league.
They are the best side, and have been for years in the WPL, other teams should try to emulate them rather than despise them.

Your point about the likes of Briton Ferry not getting anything out of thier success is odd, it's like saying Manchester City are holding Dorking Wanderers development back..

Absolutely no negatives, only positives for Welsh non league football if TNS make the group stages, and to suggest otherwise would just be plain stupid...

A lot of mixed views on this

Great to see a Welsh league club finally do it

On the other hand TNS getting millions more on top of their financial strength is no good for anyone else in the league.

Money will trickle down to other clubs in welsh pyamid aswell but I take your point. It's a non event league sadly.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back