• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Tuchel next up for Engerland

Feels like we either go one step further and finally win something with Tuchel, or we completely bomb out under him and somehow do something worse than Iceland-gate in 2016.

Exciting though!

(Yes I'm aware 99% of people on here want the second option, and I can't blame you)

Feels like we either go one step further and finally win something with Tuchel, or we completely bomb out under him and somehow do something worse than Iceland-gate in 2016.

Exciting though!

(Yes I'm aware 99% of people on here want the second option, and I can't blame you)
England have been here before, Capello, Eriksson.

The expectations placed on the national side by the media are far too unrealistic. They're a decent team amongst many other decent teams.

The likes of Spain and France are light years ahead of them.

Exciting though!

I never want England to win anything because we'll never hear the end of it, so apologies. However, under Southgate, I came as close to wanting England to win something as I ever have. Given the ridiculous amount of stick a fair amount of English fans gave Southgate (their second most successful manager ever), I'm really hoping the next manager crashes and burns. Probably would have been more chance of that under Carsley than Tuchel to be fair.

I never want England to win anything because we'll never hear the end of it, so apologies. However, under Southgate, I came as close to wanting England to win something as I ever have. Given the ridiculous amount of stick a fair amount of English fans gave Southgate (their second most successful manager ever), I'm really hoping the next manager crashes and burns. Probably would have been more chance of that under Carsley than Tuchel to be fair.
Only thing Southgate was successful in was failure.

Bottled every "big" game he managed.

Only thing Southgate was successful in was failure.

Bottled every "big" game he managed.
I think we did this in the summer, so I doubt anything either of us says will convince the other, but I will say that every other England manager besides Alf Ramsey have been even bigger bottlers then, seeing as none of them got close to Southgate's record in major tournaments.

Also, I'd say plenty of their knockout games in his four tournaments were 'big' games and he won plenty of them.

I guess I don't subscribe to the idea that everything is pointless if you don't win the final game. Fine if that's your point of view, but never made any sense to me. No-one is going to deprive me of my incredibly happy memories of Euro 2016 just because we 'bottled' the semi final against Portugal.

I think we did this in the summer, so I doubt anything either of us says will convince the other, but I will say that every other England manager besides Alf Ramsey have been even bigger bottlers then, seeing as none of them got close to Southgate's record in major tournaments.

Also, I'd say plenty of their knockout games in his four tournaments were 'big' games and he won plenty of them.

I guess I don't subscribe to the idea that everything is pointless if you don't win the final game. Fine if that's your point of view, but never made any sense to me. No-one is going to deprive me of my incredibly happy memories of Euro 2016 just because we 'bottled' the semi final against Portugal.
Wales didn't bottle it against Portugal, they lost to a far better side.

Englands route to the final the summer was extremely straightforward, even though they almost blew it one than more occasion.

Southgate bottled the final against Italy, they went one up and he parked the bus.

The World Cup in 2018 again Southgate bottled it against Croatia. The guy is clueless, he only has one way of playing.

His records in major tournaments give a false record of him being a success.

Wales didn't bottle it against Portugal, they lost to a far better side.

Englands route to the final the summer was extremely straightforward, even though they almost blew it one than more occasion.

Southgate bottled the final against Italy, they went one up and he parked the bus.

The World Cup in 2018 again Southgate bottled it against Croatia. The guy is clueless, he only has one way of playing.

His records in major tournaments give a false record of him being a success.
Talking about bottling it, Cooper v Brentford... 😂

Looking at the incredibly easy run of games they had in last few tournaments, you may wanna revise that.

Bottling our semi final against Portugal is a bit of a stretch. We were down on numbers after several suspensions.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back