• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Two more signings expected before window closes - keeper and winger due in SA1

Seems strange to me that we want another winger when we already have Ronald, Eom (who could move inside), Bianchini, Ginnelly, Govea and Parker on the payroll, plus Cooper can do a job out wide (just as much as he can centrally anyway).

Unless it means Abdulai is finally going to get a chance to play in midfield, I'd prefer to sign another midfielder.
Grimes has to play every second of every game apparently but then we only have Franco, Fulton (who everyone seems to want gone) and Allen, who is injured for 75% of the season as options.

Just feels to me that the limited funds could be put to better use by targeting another midfielder instead of another winger

If the plan is Eom in at 10 and only 2 new faces, hopefully the winger is someone who can cover up top also.

Think we are pretty set defensively, we could move on Tjoe a on and be fine but if both he and Pedersen go then a replacement centre half will be required with Abbey, Naughton and Abdullai abke to cover Tymon at left back.

Midfield is OK although some think we could do with another central midfielder. Grimes Franco, Allen, Abdullai and Fulton are all able to cover.

Ideal world we get a Striker, no 10/winger and goalkeeper.

Will be interesting to see given the club have kept their cards close to their chest.
I still think there might be a suprise or two come Friday.

Seems strange to me that we want another winger when we already have Ronald, Eom (who could move inside), Bianchini, Ginnelly, Govea and Parker on the payroll, plus Cooper can do a job out wide (just as much as he can centrally anyway).

Unless it means Abdulai is finally going to get a chance to play in midfield, I'd prefer to sign another midfielder.
Grimes has to play every second of every game apparently but then we only have Franco, Fulton (who everyone seems to want gone) and Allen, who is injured for 75% of the season as options.

Just feels to me that the limited funds could be put to better use by targeting another midfielder instead of another winger
Depends - if it does turn out to be Dembele then he can also play as a striker. Downside of him is he will cost us north of £1m is the story! Can you see us paying it?

Would be surprised to see much of Govea, Parker & Ginelly this season so really only leaves us with Ronald & Bianchini so another Winger is needed

Eom is destined for the number 10 position

Personally I would have said we need a keeper, winger & another 10 to cover for Eom, but that may be a stretch for us

Depends - if it does turn out to be Dembele then he can also play as a striker. Downside of him is he will cost us north of £1m is the story! Can you see us paying it?
Not for someone who is 28 next month.

Think a winger who can play up top if the plan is to play Eom at 10 is important.
I do worry after Sunday that Eom at 10 needs a bit of competition as he got out muscled various times in the Derby.

He was left out of Birminghams matchday squad for a second game running, could be something in it, but if he’s refusing to play then I’d rather we not sign someone with issues like that.

I'd love to know what criteria we've used to target Dembele. We need someone who can score and create, yet we're looking at an attacker who scored 6 goals and had 1 assist in 35 games last season (with 2 of those goals coming against us)

Would be surprised to see much of Govea, Parker & Ginelly this season so really only leaves us with Ronald & Bianchini so another Winger is needed

Eom is destined for the number 10 position

Personally I would have said we need a keeper, winger & another 10 to cover for Eom, but that may be a stretch for us
Are Govea and Parker injured long term then? They had a taste of first team football last season and Govea was the subject of interest from Juventus a couple of months ago. I'd prefer us to develop our own youngsters than spend money on someone who's 28 next week and doesn't really score or create many goals

Are Govea and Parker injured long term then? They had a taste of first team football last season and Govea was the subject of interest from Juventus a couple of months ago. I'd prefer us to develop our own youngsters than spend money on someone who's 28 next week and doesn't really score or create many goals
Absolutely agree with this. If a new winger comes in who fits the criteria of those signed so far this summer (relatively low fee, relatively young so with potential to grow and generate future income through a sale), then I'm fine with that. But I'd prefer to see our youngsters given a chance over signing a 28-year old who has hardly set the world on fire so far. We're unlikely to go up or down, so give our own a chance if they deserve it. It costs nothing and could make us a lot of money in the future if they're successful.

Having said that, while I appreciate the move away from masses of loan deals, I'm surprised that Abbey is looking likely to be the only one. As much as I'd like us to sign players, a quality number 10 is hard to find on a limited budget, so surprised they're not looking at a youngster from a PL club for that role. There has to be another Gibbs-White out there who needs minutes. This is the time that PL clubs are finalising their squads for the season and some good youngsters should become available as veteran players are signed before the window closes.

Young foreign players is good but you still need English experience too imo. Dembele fits that bill and is a versatile option across the front. Would be more than happy with him as a rotation

He's he worth it though, thought I read somewhere that he can be a bit come day go day or and a little bit problematic? hopefully I've mixed him up with another player that has/was mentioned at some point

If the plan is Eom in at 10 and only 2 new faces, hopefully the winger is someone who can cover up top also.

Think we are pretty set defensively, we could move on Tjoe a on and be fine but if both he and Pedersen go then a replacement centre half will be required with Abbey, Naughton and Abdullai abke to cover Tymon at left back.

Midfield is OK although some think we could do with another central midfielder. Grimes Franco, Allen, Abdullai and Fulton are all able to cover.

Ideal world we get a Striker, no 10/winger and goalkeeper.

Will be interesting to see given the club have kept their cards close to their chest.
I still think there might be a suprise or two come Friday.
Centre Midfield upgrade should have been a priority leading up to the Transfer Window opening, we've no height in the team outside of our defence, height and Physicality in the middle of the park is long overdue. Fulton has regressed these last 18 months at least!

IMO of course.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back