• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Welsh League Cup Swansea v Carmarthen next week

CalifornianJack

North Banker
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me is this the first time in a while we have re-entered this cup? Will we look to put a strong team out. Any euro prize for the winner of this cup? Are Cardiff / Wrexham / Newport involved? Any chance this will be on TV!

Carmarthen v Swansea Sat Jul 22nd 15:30 CET

We received a wildcard entry along with Cardiff, Newport and Wrexham won’t be involved, we play Oxford in a pre season friendly away the night before this game so I wouldn’t expect many of our first team squad in this game, no details have been announced regarding any broadcasting.

To add to what Swansea93 said, Swansea and Cardiff are no longer allowed access to Europe via participation in the Welsh Cup unless we were to change over to the Welsh League. Suffice it to say we preferred to give up the European places :)

This change happened almost 20 years ago I think? I am sure someone can chime in with the exact dates

I don't think we've ever entered this cup before. Cardiff and Wrexham I know have over previous years (remember Wrexham played 2 games on the same day as it clashed with the FA cup). This year the only wildcards are us and Cardiff but what's interesting is that the winner of the trophy gets entry into the Scottish Irn Brew league Cup.

It’s an invitation, we haven’t really entered anything. Having us and the rabble next door in it raises the profile of the competition for the welshies. Nice opportunity for the seconds to stretch their legs.

Itchysphincter said:
It’s an invitation, we haven’t really entered anything. Having us and the rabble next door in it raises the profile of the competition for the welshies. Nice opportunity for the seconds to stretch their legs.

By accepting the invitation, we've entered.... :twisted:

Chief said:
I don't think we've ever entered this cup before. Cardiff and Wrexham I know have over previous years (remember Wrexham played 2 games on the same day as it clashed with the FA cup). This year the only wildcards are us and Cardiff but what's interesting is that the winner of the trophy gets entry into the Scottish Irn Brew league Cup.

Entry into the Scottish Irn Brew Cup is the most bizarre next step. Not sure if that is an incentive or disincentive!!

Pentyrchjack said:
Entry into the Scottish Irn Brew Cup is the most bizarre next step. Not sure if that is an incentive or disincentive!!

Awayday in Brechin or Forfar be great fun mun

Pentyrchjack said:

That’s an invitation cup too, as was the old FAW Invitation Cup which people confused with the Welsh Cup. It was a BBC tournament between the league of wales clubs and Swansea, Wrexham and Cardiff as a way of getting the Swans and Wrexham on the box.

Solihullswans said:
The carabao cup of Welsh football says it all

Doesn't matter, we got to win it to shut the rabble up the road up, if they win it they'll harp on for years.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back