• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

What does next season hold for Swansea City?

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
In a little under five weeks time the 2021/22 season will be underway and the Swans will be ready for their first game of the season away at Blackburn Rovers.  In between that we have the rumour and speculation that goes with a pre-season as well as of course a series of matches ahead of […]

Read more

Badlands said:
If Cooper is still here, not very much.

It's quite bizarre that most of the Swans fan base want Cooper to go after getting us close to promotion two years running, I'm one of them, says it all really...

We'll probably be competent, competitive and deathly dull to watch, all whilst not being seriously in contention for promotion.

Dr. Winston said:
We'll probably be competent, competitive and deathly dull to watch, all whilst not being seriously in contention for promotion.

I think most of us were thinking the same at the start of last season.

Too early to say, lets see what manager and players are in place at the start

Dr. Winston said:
Lifelong said:
I think most of us were thinking the same at the start of last season.

And we'd have been right.

I think the “not being seriously in contention for promotion” is incorrect.

We were rarely out of the top 6 and in the top 2 for a while, we eventually blew automatic with that run of 4 defeats and then came within 90 minutes of promotion with the defeat at Wembley.

With all the wingers linked I’m hoping we’ll see a better style of football with Cooper next season.

Lifelong said:
We were rarely out of the top 6 and in the top 2 for a while, we eventually blew automatic with that run of 4 defeats and then came within 90 minutes of promotion with the defeat at Wembley.

We made it to the top two and bottled it. We got to the playoff final and bottled it. Ultimately we were far, far away from having what it took to get promoted.

I'm reconciled to giving the useless fraud a fair chance.

I hope it all comes together.

Swanjaxs said:
Swansea93 said:
With all the wingers linked I’m hoping we’ll see a better style of football with Cooper next season.

without Cooper 🙏

Just got to accept the fact he’s here now, and more than likely will have a new contract with a lower compo fee put in place.

I have been as vocal as many about Cooper's style of football and team selections last season but I am going to play devil's advocate for a moment and say that he certainly did try to take a number of steps to improve our attacking football:

Tried to sign Harry Wilson but Cardiff offered Liverpool more than we did
Signed Morgan Gibbs White to play no 10, got injured in like 2nd game of the season, Wolves recall him after 1 game returned from injury
Tried to sign Michael Obafemi from Southampton on loan only for player to get injured the day before his medical
Signed Conor Hourihane, he started like a train but ended the season practically going in reverse
Signed Jordan Morris to play wing/up front, got serious injury just as he finally seemed to be getting up to speed
Signed Paul Arriola to play on the wing, allegedly never shook off a niggling injury from when he signed

I haven't counted Morgan Whittaker in the above since he was signed on with a view to the development team rather than the first team.
While the football we were subjected to last season was not very inspiring, I do have to say that I think that Cooper had more than a few spots of bad luck when trying to remedy that situation.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back