• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Where will we finish this season?

Where will we finish next May?

• Automatic promotion

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • play-offs

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • 7th-10th

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • 11th-14th (mid table)

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • 15th-18th

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • 19th-21st

• Relegated

• Total voters

LoyalSwan

Reserve Team Player
Reaction score
Much more optimistic going into the new season given the loss of the fraud of our manager from last season. Am I alone in that front but cant help think the new signings are better than the hysteria over the players we have lost (none of which will be a big enough loss to cry over) and with two new strikers we are even ready for Piroe to go.

What does everyone else think?

LoyalSwan said:
Much more optimistic going into the new season given the loss of the fraud of our manager from last season. Am I alone in that front but cant help think the new signings are better than the hysteria over the players we have lost (none of which will be a big enough loss to cry over) and with two new strikers we are even ready for Piroe to go.

As like yourself I have good optimism, but also feel a bit pessimistic and grounded, as we don’t know what’s what until we kick a ball v brum, but I feel positive about a lot
though in fairness, it’s good after much nonsense we sorted Duff/Martin coming and going pretty quickly in terms of a preseason, it’s good to see players coming in and they seem to come with a good attitude and backing, hard to “forget” about Piroe as he’s “gone” but he isn’t, so that’s a hard one to get around my head, but, I at least, at the moment, before a ball is kicked, don’t think we’re going to be struggling, or in a relegation fight, right now I’d have us 11-14th, which obviously isn’t amazing, but, I think a “sensible” approach before we see what we’re capable of…..or not 👀😂

Top half minimum I'd hope with a chance of top-six and, if Luton can do it, a very slim possibility of promotion. Appointing Michael Duff was pivotal. Everything else follows on from that.

All depends on how the strikers do. I still think Piroe goes, and replacing those goals is a tough ask for any manager.

Let’s be fair, we haven’t had a window like this in a while.
It’s a heavy league this year, with some big hitters(Leicester/Leeds/Saints), but other than that we could be a good outside bet for a play off position.

LoyalSwan said:

With Piroe & Ntcham top half, without bottom half

Impossible to guess, too many unknowns.

I’d like to think top 10 would be a minimum marker with top 6 the aim.

Also to add, should we do well this season..

I fully expect Russ and his fan boys to be trying to make out that despite the fact he’s still not finished higher than 10th in his entire managerial career - and we are clearly going to move away from his ridiculous way of playing…. It will still all be down to him.

He unbelievably said the same when MK Dons did well the very second he left the club, after two bottom half finishes filled with pointless possession and self inflicted errors.

He’s forever the selfless charity worker is our Russ. Does all the hard yards and then leaves the next manager to get all the success. Amazing man.

Always when his process and time excuses run out and he’s about to be judged on the here and now, funny that.

Oh well, he’s on to the next project that will never reach the point of being judged. Fun.

We’ll be top. Until I see us perform in anger I refuse to believe anything else. Grimes will dominate the midfield and the new strikers will crush it. A decent goalkeeper will solve the defensive ****wittery. We are going to be top notch. A month to settle it all down and it’s game on.

I‘ve got a good feeling. That normally doesn’t end well but we‘ll see.
Sense that we‘re going about things with more purpose. Scouting seems better and a manager less prone to bullshit. Bring it on !

Looking forward to finding out with a quite a few new players coming in.
Just outside of playoffs is my guess. But then again if we don’t play as awfully as we did for the middle part of last season, we could get a playoff place

Should have been in the play offs last season. So play offs are the mission this season.

Swansea City v Stoke City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back