• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Woodman to return

Think Benda will want to go out on loan again, can't see him being happy to sit on the bench every week, which just leaves Gould as a back up.

We have limited funds to bring in players.

There are glaring weaknesses in positions across the pitch. Goalkeeper is not one of these positions.

We have a young goalkeeper of our own who has excelled out on loan two leagues below, suggesting he is capable of playing at a higher level.

Yet, we are likely going to use a considerable amount of our limited resources on developing a different team's young goalkeeper who looked, at best, completely average in the previous season.

Again, this is very disappointing for those of us who want to see us improve on last season's performances and results.

DwightYorkeSuperstar said:

There are glaring weaknesses in positions across the pitch. Goalkeeper is not one of these positions.

We have a young goalkeeper of our own who has excelled out on loan two leagues below, suggesting he is capable of playing at a higher level.

Yet, we are likely going to use a considerable amount of our limited resources on developing a different team's young goalkeeper who looked, at best, completely average in the previous season.

Again, this is very disappointing for those of us who want to see us improve on last season's performances and results.

another load of bo--ocks from the resident idiot. Richard Cranium

You would be the first to complain if the club was going into the new season and thrusting a youngster into the starting Xi who's only previous experience was in League 2.

I have no problem whatsoever with going into the new season with two GK's of reasonable prospect.

Cooperman said:

You would be the first to complain if the club was going into the new season and thrusting a youngster into the starting Xi who's only previous experience was in League 2.

I have no problem whatsoever with going into the new season with two GK's of reasonable prospect.

All of your post is correct.

DJack said:
Cooperman said:

All of your post is correct.

Tbh most of coops' post are spot on.

Re woodman I for one am glad he is back, hes a decent keeper who will get better as hes only 23 and as a rule keepers get better as they get older.

The most positive thing is he wants to come back which despite his flaws shows that cooper must be doing something right.

Good news; he was perfectly good enough last season, seems settled and loves being here. We need to try to keep last season's squad together and build on it. We've lost a couple already and will likely lose one or two more, so nailing this down early is one less area to worry about.

Woodman went backwards in so many ways after a promising start.
IMO his inability to distribute quickly or accurately is a major concern.

Badlands said:

He looked awful with ball at his feet, despite Mulder's faults he looked alot more comfortable in possession and it showed during the run in.

Not sure what to make of this at all. I think the reports on Benda being sold could well be true.

Risc said:
Badlands said:

He looked awful with ball at his feet, despite Mulder's faults he looked alot more comfortable in possession and it showed during the run in.

Not sure what to make of this at all. I think the reports on Benda being sold could well be true.

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather a goalkeeper to do what he is picked for, to stop the other side from scoring.

Fireboy said:
Risc said:

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather a goalkeeper to do what he is picked for, to stop the other side from scoring.

I like a side doing what they are paid to do, and that is to win football matches, which is what we did better than most after the break. Our quality in possession was a big reason for that.

Newcastle fans calling for him to return due to the injury of Dubravka.

Let's hope he doesn't have a recall clause ay.

Swansea93 said:
Newcastle fans calling for him to return due to the injury of Dubravka.

Let's hope he doesn't have a recall clause ay.

I suspect most loan deals have a recall clause.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back