• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Yan Dhanda Racism

Swanjaxs said:
Official Site News said:
STEVE COOPER | WE ARE SO PROUD OF YAN

Source: Swansea Official Site

Steve Cooper has spoken of his pride in Yan Dhanda, and how the Swansea City midfielder has handled himself in the wake of the appalling racist abuse he was subjected to following last week’s defeat to Manchester City.

The club, its staff and Yan’s colleagues and team-mates all stand with him in making clear there is no place for such mindless behaviour in football, or society at large.

The 22-year-old gave an eloquent interview over the weekend in which he outlined the need for social media companies to do more to combat such incidents, which have occurred with worrying regularity in recent weeks.

And Cooper again voiced his support for the midfield playmaker, and how he has conducted himself in particularly trying and unsavoury circumstances.

“I have spoken to Yan every day since Wednesday. It has been a tough situation, and credit to him in how he has handled himself and articulated himself,” said Cooper.

“Not only is he having to deal with personal abuse, he is also trying to make sure the message gets out publicly on how we can improve things.

“If that’s by saying that things have not been dealt with well, then that can help the cause.

“It’s not something we can all relate to because Yan is of a different heritage, one he is very proud of and one we are very proud of as well.

“But when he receives abuse on the back of that, then only he can understand that and deal with it.

“All we can do is support him and make sure he knows we are behind him 100 per cent.

“Unfortunately, I have been part of a couple of similar situations in the past, where players have been racially abused.

“What I have learned from that is that everybody is different and there is no one way of dealing with this.

“What I, the staff, and his team-mates have to do is be there for him, in whichever way he wants and needs us to do that.

“It might be little things where he might need conversations, or someone to be there, or support in other ways.

“The key is to communicate openly, and we know the process is not finished yet.

“Yan is at his happiest when he is playing football, and we are really proud of Yan, as we are all of our players and their backgrounds, their heritage and their families.

“Yan has been in a difficult situation, but he has handled himself brilliantly. We were proud of Yan anyway, but even more so now.”

Yan%20Dhanda.jpg

We are all proud of Yan and stand behind him... Well almost all

Its a very strange thing to only seemingly being accepting of this happening if you see "proof" or an arrest despite all the mainstream reporting of this and comment from people who obviously have seen said proof

PSumbler said:
Swanjaxs said:
We are all proud of Yan and stand behind him... Well almost all

Its a very strange thing to only seemingly being accepting of this happening if you see "proof" or an arrest despite all the mainstream reporting of this and comment from people who obviously have seen said proof

Yes very strange wanting to see proof 😂

Cardiffjack said:
PSumbler said:

I agree.

Cardiffjack said:
PSumbler said:

I'm glad you agree

Baron Goblet said:
Colour blind is a good start

No it isn't. While it's admirable to not want to acknowledge race, saying you "don't see race" without separately acknowledging the racial inequities that exist just gives cover to racists and their racist intentions.

Saying that "you don't see race" isn't going to help a player like Yan because he's being expressly targeted for his race.

Cardiffjack said:
PSumbler said:

You'll be wanting photos from rape victims as proof before long you utter fucking creep.

:| h
Itchysphincter said:
AceJack said:
You'll be wanting photos from rape victims as proof before long you utter fucking creep.

Glad you said that and not me! I considered it though....👍

To convict someone of rape or any other crime , unless the accused pleads guilty, you need something called proof and an arrest. I’m still waiting for this arrest to take place.

I’d imagine it’s fairly straight forward for the police to find people who commit crimes on social media.

Cardiffjack said:
Itchysphincter said:

To convict someone of rape or any other crime , unless the accused pleads guilty, you need something called proof and an arrest. I’m still waiting for this arrest to take place.

I’d imagine it’s fairly straight forward for the police to find people who commit crimes on social media.

Cardiffjack said:
Itchysphincter said:

What would you know about it? People set up anonymous social media accounts all the time.

But it's clear as day what's going on here. There's no standard Yan can clear for you to feel empathy with him because you're a racist. If your arbitrary tests could be met you'd say nothing. Instead you're here obfuscating and creating cover for racists. Its obvious and scummy.

Cardiffjack said:
Itchysphincter said:

I'd imagine they're doing full background checks and going through every social media account this person owns to see wether they do this regularly,Checking to see if they have links to groups that promote this sort if thing.

Cardiffjack said:
Itchysphincter said:

Its fairly easy for you to contact the police and ask them if they've seen the evidence of the crime and once they've confirmed that with you, you can then show your sympathy and support for Yan. You won't though because you are a racist.

AceJack said:
Cardiffjack said:

What would you know about it? People set up anonymous social media accounts all the time.

But it's clear as day what's going on here. There's no standard Yan can clear for you to feel empathy with him because you're a racist. If your arbitrary tests could be met you'd say nothing. Instead you're here obfuscating and creating cover for racists. Its obvious and scummy.

His Mrs works in the legal profession, mun.

Cooperman said:
AceJack said:

And isn’t your mrs one of those lazy teachers who are desperate not to go back to work

Cooperman said:
AceJack said:

Ah the Ben Shapiro defence.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back