• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

“The General” – Jamie Paterson on Matt Grimes as captain leads from the front

swansnews

Administrator
Reaction score
There is little doubt that the headline makers in the past few weeks have been Jamie Paterson and Joel Piroe.  In five games since we returned from the last international break the pair have notched 7 goals and 5 assists between them as the Swans have taken 12 points out of a possible 15. The […]

Read more

Pivotal, humble, dependable and technically proficient player that only lacks self-confidence imho. Nice guy and sets a good example - RM values him and someone we really need to retain.

As a captain, he is an intelligent leader. Calm head, good influence. Accepting of teammates mistakes and hard working.

I'm sure I read on here by some of our very knowledge posters that he's pants. However the manager and players seem to rate.

Never rated him myself up until this season. I must admit though he's playing really well under the current manager, and would now hate to lose him.

He's always been a reliable hard-working player who has played most of his games for us in trying times. Great to see him having good defensive midfielders like Smith and Downes taking the pressure off him. Just sign Matt

cwmdonkinjack said:
He's always been a reliable hard-working player who has played most of his games for us in trying times. Great to see him having good defensive midfielders like Smith and Downes taking the pressure off him. Just sign Matt

I thought Grimes had a really good season under Potter but far less so under Cooper. That's not necessarily a criticism of Cooper, it's just that what MG was doing for Potter & Russell suits him more than the role he had to play for Cooper. Would be great to see him add his share of goals this season though as he's definitely got it in him.

karnataka said:
cwmdonkinjack said:

I thought Grimes had a really good season under Potter but far less so under Cooper. That's not necessarily a criticism of Cooper, it's just that what MG was doing for Potter & Russell suits him more than the role he had to play for Cooper. Would be great to see him add his share of goals this season though as he's definitely got it in him.
If we lost him, he will be difficult to replace. Always on the show and puts his fair ammount of tackles in as well.

Jinxy said:
Pivotal, humble, dependable and technically proficient player that only lacks self-confidence imho. Nice guy and sets a good example - RM values him and someone we really need to retain.

Every manager since Potter has tried to build a side around him. Not his fault we have some thick fans. Keep it up Matty!

karnataka said:
cwmdonkinjack said:

Agree with most of that, except that I believe he will follow the script to the letter. If the script is sh!te, he will respect it, and try his best to follow it, to his credit. I know for a fact he loved playing under Potter (this is the danger ie Brighton), and looks like he's thriving under the new, non-Spanish but no less influential "RM"!

Jinxy said:
karnataka said:
Agree with most of that, except that I believe he will follow the script to the letter. If the script is sh!te, he will respect it, and try his best to follow it, to his credit. I know for a fact he loved playing under Potter (this is the danger ie Brighton), and looks like he's thriving under the new, non-Spanish but no less influential "RM"!

Yes, the bit about following the script is exactly what I meant by "the role he HAD to play for Cooper".

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back