• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

21/22 The Official Fulham FC vs Swansea City FC Match Thread

we are 3 points off 9th, lets all relax. Comfortable mid table ready for a go at the play offs next season

eteb said:
i think im watching the wrong game, we look a bloody decent side

Wrong game from the wrong planet. Slower on the ball, ball watching off it. We only looked half decent when they took their foot off the gas and started making changes. We could have nicked something had Downes taken his chance and Laird's had been deflected in, but it would have been a shock point. There's a good half a league table between us and them.

Not that I'd expect us to compete with their squad, but we could at least make a game of it. Disappointing we were set up for a fall and still didn't change anything when the goals started coming in the first half.

eteb said:
we are 3 points off 9th, lets all relax. Comfortable mid table ready for a go at the play offs next season

Surprised with the negativity over both sites tonight.

eteb said:
Skippyjack said:
You're a bit thick though, in all fairness, 100% the thickest, Darran is in a league of his own though

We didn't look like scoring and we had no interest in defending, but apart from that we passed it sideways and backwards effectively and buffed up our possession stats etc

we'll see who's right end of season, and it wont be you.

My aim is promotion, we spent and recruited the 3rd most in the Championship, yet we look more like getting relegated than promoted.. it's not Martin's fault etc, but languishing at the foot of the table isn't helpful, I'm a realist, we've given Martin tools and he's had his customary 10 games, improvement is needed, he's setting us up like we are Premier League champions, but something in the middle is required, we're weak defensively, he needs to sort it out, but imo he'll keep flogging the obvious dead horse

set up for a fall? We hardly sat baack looking for a point did we. Better side until that ridiculous offside decision. Easy to say fulham took foot off the gas but i think we had something to say about that byt he way we controlled things second half

We got mid table finish written all over us. Seen enough now to see there is slow but steady improvement, at times we look good, defence is very naive and clearly needs attention. Couple of signings away from challenging properly.
Bring on those cvnts up the road.

Skippyjack said:
eteb said:
we'll see who's right end of season, and it wont be you.

My aim is promotion, we spent and recruited the 3rd most in the Championship, yet we look more like getting relegated than promoted.. it's not Martin's fault etc, but languishing at the foot of the table isn't helpful, I'm a realist, we've given Martin tools and he's had his customary 10 games, improvement is needed, he's setting us up like we are Premier League champions, but something in the middle is required, we're weak defensively, he needs to sort it out, but imo he'll keep flogging the obvious dead horse

agree with all that, we obciously need to start picking up points. We have the makings of a bloody good side.

Remember brentford fans watned frank gone in his first season and look at them now..

sainthelens said:
We got mid table finish written all over us. Seen enough now to see there is slow but steady improvement, at times we look good, defence is very naive and clearly needs attention. Couple of signings away from challenging properly.

defence prob last to be addressed. we have 30 centre halfs!

eteb said:
Skippyjack said:

agree with all that, we obciously need to start picking up points. We have the makings of a bloody good side.

Remember brentford fans watned frank gone in his first season and look at them now..

I don't want him gone, Jesus.. I can see what he's trying to do, but he's a defender, he should know better than anyone something needs to be said about our tactics whilst defending, Bidwell is no winger and Laird (he's promising) but we need to see some defending

eteb said:
sainthelens said:

Yep, and half of em need turfing out. Needs organizing big time. Obafemi and Ntcham filly fit and firing we'll be ok. But just ok won't satisfy many on here.

sainthelens said:
eteb said:

Yep, and half of em need turfing out. Needs organizing big time. Obafemi and Ntcham filly fit and firing we'll be ok. But just ok won't satisfy many on here.

Our owners won't be thinking that, they've backed him and results for investment will be expected in US waters.. I think Russell needs to heed the warning

The game was over so early. Yes it can be taken as a positive that we stuck at it but that word tempo keeps coming to mind. We had opportunities in the second half to put them under pressure but we were so slow in thought and application. So many times we took the wrong option. I still see us as a mid table finish but confidence is a massive part of football and tonight Fulham showed more desire.

3swan said:
The game was over so early. Yes it can be taken as a positive that we stuck at it but that word tempo keeps coming to mind. We had opportunities in the second half to put them under pressure but we were so slow in thought and application. So many times we took the wrong option. I still see us as a mid table finish but confidence is a massive part of football and tonight Fulham showed more desire.

Fulham may have showed more desire, but they also showed more quality; quicker more accurate passing, movement, and Mitrovic. They're a good team.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back