• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

3rd Ashes Test Match ...

TheLoneRanger

Ivor Allchurch
Reaction score
England XI for third Ashes Test:

Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Jimmy Anderson

Australia XI for third Ashes Test:

David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (c), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Scott Boland

That's one long England tail, with Robinson at No 8 !!

TheLoneRanger said:
England XI for third Ashes Test:

Zak Crawley, Haseeb Hameed, Dawid Malan, Joe Root (c), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler (wk), Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Jimmy Anderson

Australia XI for third Ashes Test:

David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (c), Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Scott Boland

That's one long England tail, with Robinson at No 8 !!

To be fair, they are fairly unique in test cricket. The tail starts at no 1.

Merry Christmas everyone. I’m seeing ECB surrounded by kitchen detritus, smoke alarms going off and shouting ‘shit’ as he runs from oven to hob. Me? I’m letting the Queens in Chelters do the cooking and washing up today.

Have a good one.

Oh ye of little faith........ whatever you think these guys are professionals.....if I were in their position I'd be playing with gritted teeth and staring those Aussies straight on in the face.
They all have egos, contract, suitors.....they want to go down as battlers not bottlers.

Merry Christmas to one and all!!

Zak Crawley comes in, I think he averages something like 11 in 2021 tests. Playing a genuine spinner was a no brainier for England. As always the toss will be vital.

Shit or bust for Root, Australia win and he'll walk away from the captaincy whatever happens in the 4th and 5th.

White ball cricket has ruined the longer form.

Covid hasn't helped, but I give test cricket 10 years maximum.

Australia win the toss and bowl on a green top under leaden grey skies...

Good luck 👍

Australia win the toss and bowl.

The last Sheffield Shield match on this wicket, 5 batsmen were hit on the head due to the steep bounce.

Scott Boland making his debut today, took 8 wickets. 😲

TheLoneRanger said:
Australia win the toss and bowl.

The last Sheffield Shield match on this wicket, 5 batsmen were hit on the head due to the steep bounce.

Scott Boland making his debut today, took 8 wickets. 😲

I was intending to drift off to sleep to the sound of leather on willow, not leather on helmet…either type.

Oh well, they need to say a few Hail Marys. This is the time to show backbone. If not now, it’s never.

Thing is I think we are picking our best players. Disappointing it is to find that we are simply not good enough atm. We haven’t got the quality of batsmen we’ve enjoyed for some years. The worrying thing is I don’t really see any exciting batting talent coming through the county system either.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again I think Kiran Carlson will play for England before long

This might have been a totally different game had Malan not lost his wicket just before the lunch break and now it’s got me considering going to bed. A damn good viewing though and exactly what makes Ashes down under exciting for me; the house is silent, Christmas tree lights flickering in the background, a few nice drinks on the go and a massive pile of snacks to go with it. Perfect!

I know it's very easy to comment from the armchair, but so many England players get out playing at balls they should be leaving.

Too many of them do it for it not to be a coaching/culture defect.

lidojack said:
I know it's very easy to comment from the armchair, but so many England players get out playing at balls they should be leaving.

Too many of them do it for it not to be a coaching/culture defect.

That’s right. Far, far too many wickets are lost through edges to keeper or slips and many were avoidable.

Here’s another one for you, England have suffered 50 ducks in this calendar year! That just tells me that they’re not mentally prepared when they get to the crease. That’s also in part a coaching issue.

That’s a shocker from jos . Wtf, 3 balls till tea. Terrible, we’re consistently falling into the traps. But this ain’t rocket science. It’s so obvious, the game plan, and we’re falling for it every time

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back