• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Anyone else just not ‘feeling it’ this year?

MrSwerve

Alan Curtis
Reaction score
[miserable bastard post alert]

Thankfully my family/loved ones are healthy and that’s all you can ask for at this time of year given the current circumstances - but is anyone else not giving a sh*t that it’s Christmas? Honestly, yesterday and today could have been any other day for me. Normally I enjoy this time of year but I just haven’t felt it this year - with all of the swans games being cancelled, Covid restrictions coming in - it just hasn’t felt the same.

Like I said, I know that a lot of people are worse off and it’s a bit of a first world problem - but anyone else feeling apathetic this year?

MrSwerve said:

Thankfully my family/loved ones are healthy and that’s all you can ask for at this time of year given the current circumstances - but is anyone else not giving a sh*t that it’s Christmas? Honestly, yesterday and today could have been any other day for me. Normally I enjoy this time of year but I just haven’t felt it this year - with all of the swans games being cancelled, Covid restrictions coming in - it just hasn’t felt the same.

Like I said, I know that a lot of people are worse off and it’s a bit of a first world problem - but anyone else feeling apathetic this year?

Quite the opposite for me. I finished work on the 17th which is unusually early for me and I already preferred the build up to rather than the wind down from Christmas. We’ve done something social every day since the 17th even if it was just a few drinks in the pub. First job when back to work is block off next December’s calendar from the 16th.

Cooperman said:
MrSwerve said:

Quite the opposite for me. I finished work on the 17th which is unusually early for me and I already preferred the build up to rather than the wind down from Christmas. We’ve done something social every day since the 17th even if it was just a few drinks in the pub. First job when back to work is block off next December’s calendar from the 16th.

Glad you're having a good one Coops.

MrSwerve said:

Thanks, Mr. Swerve. Anything different going on this year to last year, how were you feeling this time last year?

MrSwerve said:

Been stuck in my bedroom since last Tuesday night isolating, I'm not feeling it one bit :evil: :evil:

Cooperman said:
MrSwerve said:

Thanks, Mr. Swerve. Anything different going on this year to last year, how were you feeling this time last year?

I suppose the only difference is that my parents had moved house in early December so we spent Xmas at a 'new place' - although I did enjoy Xmas dinner etc. Something just feels off for me this year!

Good post. It's been a month of uncertainty. Too much rumours and what could happen since a few weeks back.
This rule of 6 and nightclubs closed from today is damaging.
I only hope we get back to " level zero" ASAP

The fear the media have instilled in the general public has made them cancel things before any guidance was given

dickythorpe said:
Good post. It's been a month of uncertainty. Too much rumours and what could happen since a few weeks back.

The fear the media have instilled in the general public has made them cancel things before any guidance was given

All I'm hearing is people catching this bastard thing right left and centre, 5 work mates from my team including me and two of their wifes have it, gonna get a lot worse before it gets better, been to slow with restrictions again in my opinion, people need to be vigilant, its easy to become complacent about it.

To quote a song "it's the most wonderful time of the year".

Absolutely love every bit of it me. Work all year to be able to buy my family loads of presents, especially my grandson. Football being cancelled is a bit rubbish, but won't affect my Christmas one iota. My job is heavily involved in Covid stuff, so to have a break from that as well, is just magnificent.

Roll on Christmas 2022.

Niigata Jack said:
dickythorpe said:

All I'm hearing is people catching this bastard thing right left and centre, 5 work mates from my team including me and two of their wifes have it, gonna get a lot worse before it gets better, been to slow with restrictions again in my opinion, people need to be vigilant, its easy to become complacent about it.

Do any of them live in Cimla, and have they registered it with Darran yet? :lol:

Neath_Jack said:
Niigata Jack said:

Do any of them live in Cimla, and have they registered it with Darran yet? :lol:

He's the nosiest twat I know, so if he don't know of any there can't be any :lol:

Neath_Jack said:

Absolutely love every bit of it me. Work all year to be able to buy my family loads of presents, especially my grandson. Football being cancelled is a bit rubbish, but won't affect my Christmas one iota. My job is heavily involved in Covid stuff, so to have a break from that as well, is just magnificent.

Roll on Christmas 2022.

What Covid stuff you involved with NJ ?

Niigata Jack said:
Neath_Jack said:

Roll on Christmas 2022.

Writing and updating policies and procedures, risk assessments etc. Logging every case, and then tracing all their workplace contacts etc. Completely taken over my working time.

Neath_Jack said:
Niigata Jack said:

Writing and updating policies and procedures, risk assessments etc. Logging every case, and then tracing all their workplace contacts etc. Completely taken over my working time.

They've sent me links to to track and trace, but I haven't done anything with them, been a bit under the weather to fill out forums etc, I recording my result and that's it, guess they'll get in touch tomorrow,

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back