• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Christmas Dinner 2024

Darran, what Indian is open on Christmas day for a banquet, everyone has Sunday dinner nearly every week.. it's like a chore.. give me a chutney tray and multiple options as a starter, main and f*ck desert

£125 each for Christmas dinner? I hope that includes an all inclusive drinks package.

I don't actually mind cooking Christmas dinner. More accurately I don't actually mind buying the stuff from M&S (hark at me!) then my wife cooking it while I run around in the background, flapping.

Our local in Sketty bit off more than they could chew last Christmas, booked too many in then couldn't feed them. Some folks gave up waiting and went home hungry. That'd have been stressful.

Our local in Sketty bit off more than they could chew last Christmas, booked too many in then couldn't feed them. Some folks gave up waiting and went home hungry. That'd have been stressful.
That’s a nightmare for all involved. The reputation of the pub is significantly tarnished, and the families impacted have to go home and eat beans on toast for Christmas dinner.

Darran, what Indian is open on Christmas day for a banquet, everyone has Sunday dinner nearly every week.. it's like a chore.. give me a chutney tray and multiple options as a starter, main and f*ck desert
We haven’t been out for Christmas dinner for a few years now due to some personal circumstances but the Mumbai is outstanding with a turkey for every table which you take home.

Attachments

• IMG_4842.jpeg
    IMG_4842.jpeg
    737.1 KB · Views: 7
Each to their own and all that, but I wouldn't do Christmas dinner 'out' for free.

Nothing beats having a turkey in the oven, veg boiling, roasties in, while the family are together in the house opening presents. That's what Christmas is, to me.

£70+ per head for (effectively) a Sunday lunch? No thanks.

Last edited:
Each to their own and all that, but I wouldn't do Christmas dinner 'out' for free.

Nothing beats having a turkey in the oven, veg boiling, roasties in, while the family are together in the house opening presents. That's what Christmas is, to me.

Everyone will have their own interpretation of what Christmas dinner means to them, after all we’re all in different positions.

I don’t think £70 a head is so bad as it’s likely to include a glass of bubbly and multiple courses; it’s certainly not going to be a straight up one course self service carvery. Getting staff in over Christmas will also come at a cost and that has to be factored in as well. It’s a no from me anyway as I couldn’t go without the pre or post Boxing Day footy scran of cold meat, pickles, etc; it’s the best meal of the year.

The Viv's are doing the same menu as the Pumphouse and the Old Inn (same brewery) but 15 quid cheaper.
It is each to their own on the way people enjoy the day but taking out the drama and the stress of relatives is worth the the cash if you have it spare. We will still cook a turkey and have our own dinner the following day without any of the others spoiling it with any rudeness or tantrums.

The four of us went to Florida for Christmas a few years ago.
We hired a villa out there that slept 10,we asked loads of friends to come with us,just get flights and their stay in the villa would be free.
Nobody would go giving it the “ooh you can’t go away for Christmas mun” bollox.

It was superb out there.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back