• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Christmas Dinner 2024

Can totally understand why folk love the traditional Christmas dinner, the wife unfortunately is working nights on Christmas eve and won't be home until 7am Christmas day, it's only me and her at home now so we're really looking forward to someone else doing everything for us, and will probably be doing Xmas dinner out for the foreseeable... 🌲🎅
Absolutely fair.

I've never had a Christmas dinner that wasn't in somebody's home. These days we split Christmas between my parents and my in-laws, alternating each year on who we have Christmas dinner with. I am conscious though that everyone is getting older and that won't continue forever. Hopefully we'll be able to host our families when they are no longer able.

If we couldn't see either family at Christmas for some reason and it was just the three of us, I would definitely consider eating out, probably because I'd be too depressed to cook a Christmas dinner for the three of us!

I've only gone away once for Xmas - it was when my grandfather passed away in 1995 and my dad couldn't take being at home without any parents. We went to Tenerife - it was a pretty awful Xmas (as an 8 year old who didn't really understand it all and just wanted loads of prezzies). They did make it up to us when we got back home but it didn't feel the same.

I can imagine going somewhere cooler, like Florida, would be better though. I've no idea why we went to Tenerife - only time we've been there - and we've been to America plenty of times. I still don't think I'd do it out of choice, though.
We went away one Christmas to Fuerteventura, think it was Xmas 2000. My wife's idea, absolutely no recollection of why we did that, she was crackers though.

Absolutely fair.

I've never had a Christmas dinner that wasn't in somebody's home. These days we split Christmas between my parents and my in-laws, alternating each year on who we have Christmas dinner with. I am conscious though that everyone is getting older and that won't continue forever. Hopefully we'll be able to host our families when they are no longer able.

If we couldn't see either family at Christmas for some reason and it was just the three of us, I would definitely consider eating out, probably because I'd be too depressed to cook a Christmas dinner for the three of us!
I can see what you mean, when we were first married we always went my parents for Christmas Day, Dad, brother and me would go to the Major St Club for a bit of Christmas cheer then go back home for dinner that Mam had slaved over helped by my Mrs, Mam got older and it became to much for her, think they came up here for lunch and then my brothers when he moved into his home.

Now its just the 4 of us here Christmas day and we enjoy it, a bottle of Bucks fizz starts the day off then dinner then the ceremony of the opening of presents, and a few drinkies see's the day peter out.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back