• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Christmas Dinner 2024

Dunvant is 51 a head woodman and bistro pierre 85 a head. My local is 125 and while is sounds delicious there are 6 of us. Old inn good? Pump house also a good shout
The Plough by you is bloody expensive any time of year, think I paid over 20 notes each for Fish and bloody Chips ffs, dear me, it was nothing special either, Woodman is tidy but again not cheap.

We can't go out on Christmas anyway with my youngest, but my Mrs wouldn't go out for Christmas dinner any way she enjoys doing it all and there's only 3 of us eating, gravy dinner every Sunday as well, she's nuts :LOL:

The four of us went to Florida for Christmas a few years ago.
We hired a villa out there that slept 10,we asked loads of friends to come with us,just get flights and their stay in the villa would be free.
Nobody would go giving it the “ooh you can’t go away for Christmas mun” bollox.

It was superb out there.
Nobody would go and you was surprised,😂😂😂

The Plough by you is bloody expensive any time of year, think I paid over 20 notes each for Fish and bloody Chips ffs, dear me, it was nothing special either, Woodman is tidy but again not cheap.

We can't go out on Christmas anyway with my youngest, but my Mrs wouldn't go out for Christmas dinner any way she enjoys doing it all and there's only 3 of us eating, gravy dinner every Sunday as well, she's nuts :LOL:
Gravy dinner every week, fair play 👏

That’s one tradition I hope my own kids carry forward.

Gravy dinner every week, fair play 👏

That’s one tradition I hope my own kids carry forward.
Mrs got enough going on with our youngest, yet its rare that she doesn't cock a Sunday Dinner, lad woke around 3 yesterday morning I heard him first so went down to him 10 minutes later Mrs was coming into his room, we both got back to bed about 20/30 mins later, she's was up again at around 6.15 I didn't hear her, it was about half 8 I noticed she wasn't there, I went down just after 9 and she had cut his hair bathed and dressed him and he was fast asleep on his changing bed and she was doing the veg, she's unbelievable.

My wife is the same, and has been for years, Chicken or beef, carrots, peas ,roast parsnips sprouts (if available) or cabbage, Yorkshire pudding roast potatoes and gravy , every Sunday. The only time i had Christmas dinner out was in 2017 when i had a heart attack and had Christmas dinner in Morriston hospital 😆.

Mrs got enough going on with our youngest, yet its rare that she doesn't cock a Sunday Dinner, lad woke around 3 yesterday morning I heard him first so went down to him 10 minutes later Mrs was coming into his room, we both got back to bed about 20/30 mins later, she's was up again at around 6.15 I didn't hear her, it was about half 8 I noticed she wasn't there, I went down just after 9 and she had cut his hair bathed and dressed him and he was fast asleep on his changing bed and she was doing the veg, she's unbelievable.
Legend 💪💕

My wife is the same, and has been for years, Chicken or beef, carrots, peas ,roast parsnips sprouts (if available) or cabbage, Yorkshire pudding roast potatoes and gravy , every Sunday. The only time i had Christmas dinner out was in 2017 when i had a heart attack and had Christmas dinner in Morriston hospital 😆.
I’m not keen on my Mrs’ gravy. One slice is enough.

Many years back we did Christmas in Tampa. It was so lovely and stress* free.

*parent 😂

The one blot on the landscape was that I'd not pre-booked Christmas dinner anywhere, so I was pretty nervous walking up to a nice-looking restaurant and asking for a table. But they had plenty of free tables, no problem. Plus they had a full menu at regular prices alongside a Christmas menu.

Can you imagine attempting to get a table in similar circumstances in the U.K.? 😂

Thanksgiving or maybe St Patricks Day mightn't have gone so smoothly, admittedly.

Last edited:
I was outvoted and HRH (aka wifey) chose the Woodman (fully booked) and Pierre Bistro (fully booked). Resistance from the M-I-L for the Pumphouse because she saw a fight there 40 years ago. Kids complaining that Penllegaer is too far. Viv's appears to be a non starter because they can't even get the normal food right.

I was outvoted and HRH (aka wifey) chose the Woodman (fully booked) and Pierre Bistro (fully booked). Resistance from the M-I-L for the Pumphouse because she saw a fight there 40 years ago. Kids complaining that Penllegaer is too far. Viv's appears to be a non starter because they can't even get the normal food right.
Get your apron ordered in readiness J, oh and don’t forget to order the Turkey😂😂

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back