• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Don't forget the World Cup play off draw tomorrow

PSumbler

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59366408

It's always amusing to me when Wales' record in major finals is compared to Scotland's as it is in that article.

We've only reached 3 major tournaments ever (not counting that weird Euros in the 70's), but we've made it to the knockout stages every time, making a quarter final and a semi final (losing to the eventual winner in both tournaments).

Scotland have qualified for 11 major tournaments (8 World Cups and 3 Euros), yet have never made it out of a group.

Digging a bit further, we've played 15 games in tournaments and won 6 of them. Scotland have played 32 and only won 6.

I'd certainly rather have our record than theirs. Our appearances in finals may be scarce, but they're always memorable.

Don't really mind who we get in the semi final, although North Macedonia look the weakest of the six and would probably like to avoid Poland. Final draw is much more important, obviously Italy or Portugal away would be awful for our chances, Sweden or Scotland at home would be my choice. Don't think Russia are that great either but I'm still scarred from the Euro playoff in 2003.

JackFish said:
Don't really mind who we get in the semi final, although North Macedonia look the weakest of the six and would probably like to avoid Poland. Final draw is much more important, obviously Italy or Portugal away would be awful for our chances, Sweden or Scotland at home would be my choice. Don't think Russia are that great either but I'm still scarred from the Euro playoff in 2003.

Is the draw on TV?

Marchamjack said:
JackFish said:

Is the draw on TV?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/59406675 - link here too

Same path as Scotland! That's a decent result... really hope we're at home.

Portugal and Italy in the same path, brilliant.

We will be away if we reach the final but possibly at Hampden Park

JackFish said:

Doesnt it mean we would be away as we are in the second semi final?

PSumbler said:
JackFish said:

Doesnt it mean we would be away as we are in the second semi final?

No they're going to do another draw in a bit to determine the home teams for the finals... (I think!?) No idea why they couldn't just use this one that they've already done!

Austria with Scotland or Ukraine in the final, got to be happy with that. Big bonus if we can get the final at home too.

Thats about as good as we could hope for?

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back