• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Don’t forget to vote tomorrow

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 96
  • Views: Views 5,289
Neath_Jack said:
I'm hoping that Labour get at least a bloody nose here in Neath. Got a feeling we are going to see a few Independents get in locally. The demographic is changing.

Stick with me for more political know how :lol:

Darran said:
Neath_Jack said:
You voted Labour didn't you?

Yes but I was talking about Briton Ferry,I’m rather surprised the Labour bloke up here got voted out he’s been very good and is extremely hardworking.

I thought you was gonna vote for an Independent, is it John Warman who got voted out?

JackSomething said:
LeonWasTheDog's said:
Labour aren’t planning to build on the park; the consultation was for the land the council depot currently occupies. But it could well represent the start of development creep and would increase traffic, so I’d be against that too. The Uni is a possible ‘partner’ for the council for that land; it’d be a much better option but possibly a no-goer now the Uni can’t access EU funds for capital projects.

Sketty & Uplands have always done well for the indis, and the LDs before them (the former sprang out of the latter didn’t it when Peter May left the LDs, I think). Odd how it works out. The LDs here in Bishopston crashed and burnt last night, but the Tory increased his majority by 50%. Funny old world. We’re right in the middle of boomer Daily Hail country, which probably explains our result, but it’s an odd time for the Tories to be making gains anywhere.

When you look at the Swansea results, all the Tory councillors (with the exception of 1 of the 3 councillors from Clydach) have come from areas with a large proportion of households who are presumably doing quite well for themselves thank you very much. Bishopston, Fairwood, Gower, all 3 from Mumbles. I'm sure they'll all be great advocates for change in the future. :roll:

As an aside, I see one of the Mumbles councillors was the woman who lost out to Tonia Antoniazzi in the last general election.

Mumbles is like an annex of middle England these days, lots of our brethren from across the bridge living there these day's and Gower for that matter, so it doesn't surprise that it's predominately a Tory area.

https://www.npt.gov.uk/1410?pr_id=7031

Coalition agreed between Plaid and Independents in NPT.

A well deserved term on the sidelines for Labour!

RhosJack said:

That's a lot of noses removed from the trough. Bet they are absolutely pig sick :lol:

This is bigger than Leicester winning the premier league. The old saying about putting a red rosette on a donkey is no longer true for Neath. Absolutely fantastic, I hope the coalition works for us all.

Neath_Jack said:
RhosJack said:

That's a lot of noses removed from the trough. Bet they are absolutely pig sick :lol:

This is bigger than Leicester winning the premier league. The old saying about putting a red rosette on a donkey is no longer true for Neath. Absolutely fantastic, I hope the coalition works for us all.

That Hunt chap has always come across as a bit of a cock to me.

Darran said:
Neath_Jack said:

That Hunt chap has always come across as a bit of a cock to me.

Aye, same.

Surprised one of the Plaid lot didn't get the top gig to be honest.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back