• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Don’t forget to vote tomorrow

• Thread starter Darran
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 96
  • Views: Views 5,289
exiledclaseboy said:
Labour lose NPT if I just heard the news right? That’s pretty seismic in South Wales politics terms.

You did hear correct.

JackSomething said:
Neath_Jack said:
They have falling from 43 seats to just 25 :lol:

Wonder if the Indy's will make a go of it with Plaid? Bit complicated I'd imagine, but hope so.

Fantastic work by those in Neath who, like yourself, bothered to vote. So much for votes not being important, Labour have lost control of a council they held for over 25 years and probably considered as safe as any other council in the country.

Now they have to form a coalition to share power, or watch from the sidelines for a few years. If that shock doesn't give them the kick up the arse they clearly need, then there's no hope for them.

It's brilliant news. And like i said further up, hopefully Plaid and the Indy's can form a coalition and work together. There will be a lot of very shocked, noses in the trough, red shite this evening / weekend.

KrunchyKarrot said:
WxmJax said:
That will be the scum Tory government responsible for the scum you see in the river. But I bet you know this already.

People who stand as Independents are usually Tories. They know they won't get in as a Tory so call themselves Independents.
Look a bit silly now moosh :lol:

Not really. People can vote for who they want. If the council was crap it was crap. People get too complacent. It's good they get a kick up the arse. Whether it's for the better we will see.

But that crap in the river is still on the Tories, they're the ones who voted to let water companies put as much shit in it as they want.

NPT aside, the Tories have had a catastrophe in Wales today. Andrew ‘Right Twat” Davies pinned the blame firmly on the PM he’s been slavishly supporting right up to when the pressure turned on him. Only slightly less disastrous for the Tories across the rest of the country too given the low base they were starting from last time this lot of councils were elected at May’s low point. They managed to lose a quarter of the seats they were defending. Not a huge triumph for Labour by any means as many Tory votes went elsewhere but promising for those of us who think governments of any hue with large majorities are bad for the country.

Oh and Sinn Fein is just about to become the largest party in the NI Assembly. The times they are a changing’ over there.

Neath_Jack said:
JackSomething said:
Fantastic work by those in Neath who, like yourself, bothered to vote. So much for votes not being important, Labour have lost control of a council they held for over 25 years and probably considered as safe as any other council in the country.

Now they have to form a coalition to share power, or watch from the sidelines for a few years. If that shock doesn't give them the kick up the arse they clearly need, then there's no hope for them.

It's brilliant news. And like i said further up, hopefully Plaid and the Indy's can form a coalition and work together. There will be a lot of very shocked, noses in the trough, red shite this evening / weekend.

All the newly elected Plaids and Indies will defect to Labour now that they’ve got elected though. I hear that happens a lot down your way.

exiledclaseboy said:
Neath_Jack said:

All the newly elected Plaids and Indies will defect to Labour now that they’ve got elected though. I hear that happens a lot down your way.

As far as I know it’s only happened once.
Strangely the three oddballs that got voted out as Labour last time stood as Plaid this time.

Darran said:
exiledclaseboy said:

Strangely the three oddballs that got voted out as Labour last time stood as Plaid this time.

I don't think the Barnett's were voted out, they stood down and changed allegiances didn't they?

Neath_Jack said:
Darran said:

I don't think the Barnett's were voted out, they stood down and changed allegiances didn't they?

I was talking about last time,I thought the Barnett’s got voted out as Labour last time.
Anyway they stood for Plaid this time.
Strange people.

Darran said:
Neath_Jack said:

I was talking about last time,I thought the Barnett’s got voted out as Labour last time.
Strange people.

No, I don't think they did, as far as i know there were a few internal arguments and they left Labour. I could be wrong, but they were definitely still with Labour during the pandemic..

Neath_Jack said:
Darran said:
Strange people.

No, I don't think they did, as far as i know there were a few internal arguments and they left Labour. I could be wrong, but they were definitely still with Labour during the pandemic..

So neither of you really know then? :lol:
Come on bois, sort it out.

Cooperman said:
Neath_Jack said:

So neither of you really know then? :lol:
Come on bois, sort it out.

I don’t particularly care today was a good day.

Neath_Jack said:
Darran said:
I don’t particularly care today was a good day.

You voted Labour didn't you?

Yes but I was talking about Briton Ferry,I’m rather surprised the Labour bloke up here got voted out he’s been very good and is extremely hardworking.

J_B said:
I voted Lib Dem in Sketty ward mainly because of Labour’s proposal to build houses on Singleton Park and the fact that the LDs are far more active in the area and campaign well here.

LD candidates duly took all 5 seats.

Labour aren’t planning to build on the park; the consultation was for the land the council depot currently occupies. But it could well represent the start of development creep and would increase traffic, so I’d be against that too. The Uni is a possible ‘partner’ for the council for that land; it’d be a much better option but possibly a no-goer now the Uni can’t access EU funds for capital projects.

Sketty & Uplands have always done well for the indis, and the LDs before them (the former sprang out of the latter didn’t it when Peter May left the LDs, I think). Odd how it works out. The LDs here in Bishopston crashed and burnt last night, but the Tory increased his majority by 50%. Funny old world. We’re right in the middle of boomer Daily Hail country, which probably explains our result, but it’s an odd time for the Tories to be making gains anywhere.

LeonWasTheDog's said:
J_B said:
I voted Lib Dem in Sketty ward mainly because of Labour’s proposal to build houses on Singleton Park and the fact that the LDs are far more active in the area and campaign well here.

LD candidates duly took all 5 seats.

Labour aren’t planning to build on the park; the consultation was for the land the council depot currently occupies. But it could well represent the start of development creep and would increase traffic, so I’d be against that too. The Uni is a possible ‘partner’ for the council for that land; it’d be a much better option but possibly a no-goer now the Uni can’t access EU funds for capital projects.

Sketty & Uplands have always done well for the indis, and the LDs before them (the former sprang out of the latter didn’t it when Peter May left the LDs, I think). Odd how it works out. The LDs here in Bishopston crashed and burnt last night, but the Tory increased his majority by 50%. Funny old world. We’re right in the middle of boomer Daily Hail country, which probably explains our result, but it’s an odd time for the Tories to be making gains anywhere.

When you look at the Swansea results, all the Tory councillors (with the exception of 1 of the 3 councillors from Clydach) have come from areas with a large proportion of households who are presumably doing quite well for themselves thank you very much. Bishopston, Fairwood, Gower, all 3 from Mumbles. I'm sure they'll all be great advocates for change in the future. :roll:

As an aside, I see one of the Mumbles councillors was the woman who lost out to Tonia Antoniazzi in the last general election.

Swansea City v Bristol City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back