• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

DUFF SACKED

waynekerr55 said:
If he was that good he did a tremendous job of hiding it .

Pîss poor communicator and he probably lost the fan base with his "game Vs Cardiff didn't matter" rubbish

100%. Bizarre that there is disappointment from some. The bloke was bang average and a poor fit for us, we all saw it in the summer.

Dillwyn the Dog said:
Makes you think if they realise they gave Russ too much time and Duff has become the victim. I liked the guy to be fair, he got Pato playing out of his skin (contract/deal pending or not) and had a far worse hand dealt to him than Russ had.

It might or might not be the right decision but have to feel for the guy whom I regard as an honest bloke - unlike his predecessor.

I doubt it was Russ who ran contracts down and let the squad get paper thin. I’m not saying Russell was wonderful or anything, but the squad we’ve got now and the position in the league and piss poor performances are all on Duff. He was a terrible fit and has ripped us apart. The question now is how much damage has he really done and can someone salvage anything from it (he doesn’t take all the blame of course, a fish rots from the head down. Not that we’re a fish :lol:).

eteb said:
I thought there was more to come and we weren't that bad to be honest. Horrendous injuries and referee decisions have cost us in part and we could (should) pretty easily be 5-7 points better off

To be fair the majority of our injuries are soft tissue which, more often than not are the result of over training.

There didn't seem to be any pattern of play and the little purple patch from Sheff Weds papered over the cracks.

MrSwerve said:
Blimey. Very surprised that we’ve pulled the trigger at this stage to be honest.

I agree and it's much too early to do it. Five months isn't enough time, and we're not in any real danger of relegation so he should have been given more time to turn it around, and the timing is strange. Do they have someone lined up or are we going to mess around with a caretaker manager?

Duff's a good manager who had an average squad and he'll find a job elsewhere.

SensationalSwans said:
The chairman, if we can take his statement about the "Swansea identity" at face value.

I’m not sure that Coleman is in tune with the Swansea identity.

SensationalSwans said:
100%. Bizarre that there is disappointment from some. The bloke was bang average and a poor fit for us, we all saw it in the summer.

Spot on. The entire charade was an embarrassment to the club, that much was obvious from very early on in pre-season. Some just didn't want to see what was in front of their own eyes.

The only people who still don't get it are the ones who went all in on him from day one, not because he was Mike Duff, but simply because of who he wasn't.

Deep down they know. They just can't admit it, else they'll lose face.

Andrew - North Hill said:
Only about 3 months overdue.

Thank God for that. The whole debacle has been an embarrassment for the club. Easily in the top 5 managerial appointments in our history. Probably top 3, along with Cullis and Bradley.

Now let's get someone in who knows what they're doing and FFS, please Andy Coleman, not Nathan Jones!

If you think Duff is one of the top ten worst managers in the history of the Swans you can’t have been watching us that long.

Stopthebus said:
The fact Alan Sheehan (assistant manager to Nathan Jones at Luton) has been kept on but Duff & his other assistant have left would suggest there may be something in Nathan Jones talk

Hope not though. Don’t think he’s the right fit

Ouch, good observational skills by you. I have an empty feeling deep in my stomach that you're right. Nathan effing Jones?

waynekerr55 said:
If he was that good he did a tremendous job of hiding it .

Pîss poor communicator and he probably lost the fan base with his "game Vs Cardiff didn't matter" rubbish

I posted on here after the Cardiff loss as I couldn't believe the knives were out six matches in. I hoped the good run Swansea embarked on then would have given him enough credit to see him through another bad patch. Obviously it hasn't sadly. Let's hope whoever replaces him can hit the ground running and keep it going.

A sad situation all round. Never seemed the right fit. Felt for him, especially when you see the performances of the likes of Grimes and Cabango on the weekend. The players have let him down big time.
Hopefully we can get it right this time round.

TerryPHELAN said:
A sad situation all round. Never seemed the right fit. Felt for him, especially when you see the performances of the likes of Grimes and Cabango on the weekend. The players have let him down big time.
Hopefully we can get it right this time round.

You say that but he didn't help himself, travelling from a long distance doesn't help and look how that ended with Brian Flynn.

Glyn1 said:
I agree and it's much too early to do it. Five months isn't enough time, and we're not in any real danger of relegation so he should have been given more time to turn it around, and the timing is strange. Do they have someone lined up or are we going to mess around with a caretaker manager?

Duff's a good manager who had an average squad and he'll find a job elsewhere.

Nah, do it now before we dropped off the bottom of the pack just above the relegation spots. It means we’ll have someone in for the start of the Jan window. And besides, the atmosphere and response from the players all pointed to a dead man walking. There’s no guarantee we’ll replace wisely and I’m surprised they have acted, but it’s the right decision imo.

Glyn1 said:
Or even Bananaman. Please not Nathan Jones.

Well Jones was strongly linked with the Rotherham United job but has knocked them back today. The Cardiff connections aside you could do a lot worse than "Mad Nate" as the Stoke supporters christened him.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back