• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

Eustance has turned us down then?

Owners who can't even turn up at the Liberty Stadium on a Championship match day.

Chief Executive who doesn't look to have the lines of communication fully open.

Club looking an embarasment on many fronts.

Perfect storm?

Yet 14000 season ticket holders and healthy passionate fan base. For a club with recent Premier league history ...so frustrating to see things looking so rudderless.

CautiousOptimist said:
Owners who can't even turn up at the Liberty Stadium on a Championship match day.

Perfect storm?

Yet 14000 season ticket holders and healthy passionate fan base. For a club with recent Premier league history ...so frustrating to see things looking so rudderless.

Thank fuck you’re not a cautious pessimist.

So we waited a fortnight for this bloke (and pretty embarrassingly had to ask the outgoing manager to stay on who admirably did) Plus another weekend for a pre-season friendly.

Shouldn't we have made Eustace sign something to make sure he was serious about coming!?

QPR could have done us up like a kipper here.

Londonlisa2001 said:
monmouth said:
He may well have retreated from the Donny job when it came to the crunch had he been offered it I suppose. Sometimes you apply for jobs and it’s only when you get them it focuses one’s mind. Especially if the current employer then makes a no risk counter offer…

Possibly, although it was reported they chose someone else instead of him and he came second. That may be just spin of course.

Oh I’ve no doubt he came second there. Just saying if he’d ‘won’ and been offered it, he may have done to them what he’s done to us when QPR made a counter offer and stayed in his comfort zone.

Perfect storm?

Maybe we can make an approach to Bristol Rovers about Joey B's availability who knows they might even pay us to take him, either that or Julian Clarey at least he'll stiffen up our back four.

Risc said:
MrSwerve said:
I don't want to say that we're a poisoned chalice, because we have a great club here.

However, I think anyone who signs up to this job has to accept that on paper, he'll be seen as less than Steve Cooper. We won't finish higher than we did last season without Ayew. Now, we all know that there's more to it than that, but the people outside will just see a (e.g.) 12th place finish vs what Cooper achieved.

There's the professional gamble. It's easy for us to say he can take the helm at a club that was in the playoffs the last few years...but it's not as simple as that. They're all on the big bucks, even assistant managers and coaches.

It's going to be Tosh Jr.

Potter came 10th and got a premier league gig. I don’t understand why someone in Eustace’s position would turn it down, unless things were a lot worse than any of us could imagine. Which is why I’m worried.

I agree, not sure why someone in his position would turn us down. It's all a bit strange.

Blackpooljack said:
Maybe we can make an approach to Bristol Rovers about Joey B's availability who knows they might even pay us to take him, either that or Julian Clarey at least he'll stiffen up our back four.

Giggs should be cheap

Anyone fancy Pulis, never relegated! Has won promotion with Stoke from the Championship, not a lot of options out there with his experience, even on a short-term contract?

monmouth said:
Londonlisa2001 said:
Possibly, although it was reported they chose someone else instead of him and he came second. That may be just spin of course.

Oh I’ve no doubt he came second there. Just saying if he’d ‘won’ and been offered it, he may have done to them what he’s done to us when QPR made a counter offer and stayed in his comfort zone.

It’s a bit concerning mind if QPR can pay an assistant manager enough to stop him coming here on a managers salary.

He moved all over as a player. I’m not convinced it’s a comfort zone issue.

The reality though is they’ve had weeks to agree this, and leaving it unsigned to this point when Cooper is now gone is bloody insane.

Londonlisa2001 said:
monmouth said:

It’s a bit concerning mind if QPR can pay an assistant manager enough to stop him coming here on a managers salary.

He moved all over as a player. I’m not convinced it’s a comfort zone issue.

The reality though is they’ve had weeks to agree this, and leaving it unsigned to this point when Cooper is now gone is bloody insane.

It’s been a shambles. The last few weeks have been beyond the pale.

Chief said:
So we waited a fortnight for this bloke (and pretty embarrassingly had to ask the outgoing manager to stay on who admirably did) Plus another weekend for a pre-season friendly.

Shouldn't we have made Eustace sign something to make sure he was serious about coming!?

QPR could have done us up like a kipper here.

They couldn’t get him to sign anything, everyone is vaping nowadays and no one had a fag packet. No beer mat either cos coke is more fashionable than beer.

No way John Terry comes here if we can’t afford Eustace if that what it is, maybe Eustace heard the rumours of us interviewing yesterday and thought fvck us.

JackBaston said:
bookies have it between cam tosh, john terry and michael flynn now

Flynn would be an absolute disaster

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back