• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

Starmer showing his shithouse qualities over the handling of Diane Abbot. I reckon he’s losing quite a few votes over this debacle. Keep it up mush and you will blow it.

Nobody will convince me he’s a decent leader.
He’s saying she’s not barred at the moment.

Starmer showing his shithouse qualities over the handling of Diane Abbot. I reckon he’s losing quite a few votes over this debacle. Keep it up mush and you will blow it.

Nobody will convince me he’s a decent leader.
Is it to do with Starmer's handling of the matter or is one of Corbyn's closest allies determined to make things difficult for the current Labour leader? Genuine question, I don't know the answer.

Is it to do with Starmer's handling of the matter or is one of Corbyn's closest allies determined to make things difficult for the current Labour leader? Genuine question, I don't know the answer.
It’s got to be handling of it Shirley. The investigation was completed months ago, and it was only because of leaks yesterday that he’s come out and said she hasn’t been booted out. The GE is in a month or so time and he, the leader, doesn’t know whether she will be allowed to stand.

The optics are terrible, communication as bad as our Trusts are. Optics are very important at the moment, and he won’t have much of any wriggle room to correct them.

He could have put it to bed yesterday, should have been put to bed ages ago, one way or the other.

It’s got to be handling of it Shirley. The investigation was completed months ago, and it was only because of leaks yesterday that he’s come out and said she hasn’t been booted out. The GE is in a month or so time and he, the leader, doesn’t know whether she will be allowed to stand.

The optics are terrible, communication as bad as our Trusts are. Optics are very important at the moment, and he won’t have much of any wriggle room to correct them.

He could have put it to bed yesterday, should have been put to bed ages ago, one way or the other.
I think it's a mixture of the two. Of course he could and should have managed it better but the Corbynites would rather be pure and in opposition than actually be in government and actually help the people they claim to hold dear to their hearts.

Starmer’s messed up badly here. It was crying out for “we have our processes, but I hope Diane can, and will, stand”.

Starmer’s messed up badly here. It was crying out for “we have our processes, but I hope Diane can, and will, stand”.
Hard to disagree but I do think it all seems rather convenient. Plus will it land with those not that bothered?

Hard to disagree but I do think it all seems rather convenient. Plus will it land with those not that bothered?
I’d imagine labour will now lose a sizeable vote share from the black community for a starter for ten. Nobody can dress it up other than a complete shambles. Rishi will be sleeping a lot easier the past few nights.

I’d imagine labour will now lose a sizeable vote share from the black community for a starter for ten. Nobody can dress it up other than a complete shambles. Rishi will be sleeping a lot easier the past few nights.
Possibly no doubt Stoke Newington and Islington North will vote for them (as in Corbyn and Abbott)

Last edited:
I don’t think the Abbott issue will have a big impact. For ex Tories switching to Labour, having Corbyn and Abbott standing against Labour candidates is symbolic of a changed Labour Party that they can vote for.

Corbyn voted against the last Labour government almost 500 times and almost 100 times with the Tory opposition. If you stand under a party’s banner you should support them unless there is a matter of conscience or a local constituency matter about a particular bill.

If Corbyn and Abbott win and sit as independents it won’t make any difference except that they’ll get a lot more attention than they deserve.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back