• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

Will lose him any votes in Wales? His judge of character and the mood in the room seems somewhat questionable.

I don't think KS has much choice at this time other than to support Gething with the GE looming large, there’s no way he’s going to risk civil war in the Labour Party this close to the GE which is what would happen if there was a vote.

I think KS will wait until after the GE and go from there. As much as I’d like to see Gething get his marching orders, I think the vote of confidence vote is academic ow because none of the Labour AM’s will risk breaking ranks 4 weeks before a GE, however if it was after the GE and there was a Labour government in Westminster it would be a different proposition.

I don't think KS has much choice at this time other than to support Gething with the GE looming large, there’s no way he’s going to risk civil war in the Labour Party this close to the GE which is what would happen if there was a vote.

I think KS will wait until after the GE and go from there. As much as I’d like to see Gething get his marching orders, I think the vote of confidence vote is academic ow because none of the Labour AM’s will risk breaking ranks 4 weeks before a GE, however if it was after the GE and there was a Labour government in Westminster it would be a different proposition.
From what I can gather Gethin doesn't have many supporters within Welsh Labour, let alone the country itself.

You're right about the vote of no confidence, it's only going to end up with him staying, for now.

Sometimes staying quiet is the best option. I can see the Tories jumping all over this and using Wales as its benchmark for a Labour Government.

That's Captain Hindsight for you.
I'm not sure it was Starmers decision to make, I believe it was the NEC that decided if she was able to stand as a Labour MP. Sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

I'm not sure it was Starmers decision to make, I believe it was the NEC that decided if she was able to stand as a Labour MP. Sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.
No idea, I'd thought that leader of the Party and probably the country would have a little more about him.

No idea, I'd thought that leader of the Party and probably the country would have a little more about him.

I think there would probably have been discussions with Starmer but ultimately the NEC as a delegated authority would make the final decision. More than happy to be corrected as I am far from an expert on this.

I think there would probably have been discussions with Starmer but ultimately the NEC as a delegated authority would make the final decision. More than happy to be corrected as I am far from an expert on this.
I get the impression they don't know what they are doing, one minute she can't stand then she can. It all seems very disjointed and doesn't inspire confidence for and if they get in to power.

It just stinks of weak leadership from Starmer and someone who can't make a decisions. Whilst he is dithering on confirming Abbott can stand you have his deputy leader saying she should.

A great show of unity, not.

Last edited:
Last I heard this afternoon was the NEC still haven’t made their decision. As leader, he should have ensured this was done and dusted a long time ago, especially if the rumour that the investigation was completed in January.

Another day that the press and media are focussing on this negative story, what’s that third day now? Rishi is sitting back not having to say or do anything.

Still early days of course but so far the only election literature through my door (Gower constituency) has been from the Tory candidate. Sadly, they didn’t stop for a chat.

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back