• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

Farage is not giving a clear picture on why rents are rising though. The way rental income income is taxed has completely changed as has the interest rate charges. Landlords are leaving the market in droves because of the charges or have to increase rents to make it viable or just to cover costs. If you have a property and you charge £1000 a month then you are paying £200 tax regardless of how much your loan costs to pay back. Your mortgage may have been £200 but is now £600 (and you are still taxed on that £600). Running costs see properties bringing in very little to nothing even when rents have been increased. Then of course you have tenants who ruin properties or who don't pay the rent but it is more convenient for Farage to blame the number of immigrants entering the country because of the supply demand curve.

Farage is not giving a clear picture on why rents are rising though. The way rental income income is taxed has completely changed as has the interest rate charges. Landlords are leaving the market in droves because of the charges or have to increase rents to make it viable or just to cover costs. If you have a property and you charge £1000 a month then you are paying £200 tax regardless of how much your loan costs to pay back. Your mortgage may have been £200 but is now £600 (and you are still taxed on that £600). Running costs see properties bringing in very little to nothing even when rents have been increased. Then of course you have tenants who ruin properties or who don't pay the rent but it is more convenient for Farage to blame the number of immigrants entering the country because of the supply demand curve.
This explanation doesn't suit his narrative.

This is funny, just look at her face as soon as Farage responds, she suddenly realises that she has not got a clue what she is talking about.. :)

Absolutely delicious to watch.
All parties concede that immigration is an issue that requires addressing, he’s not saying anything new, he’s just the only mainstreamer that harnesses the fear of brown people to whip up the clan.

Seems pretty clear to me.

It's simple common sense, what he is saying pre 2000 30-40 thousand were coming into this country, now the last 2 years, there have been 2.5 million, and there are not enough houses or resources to cope with it.

It's quite worrying that some people think this is a good thing, and would rather bury their head in the sand, and say Farage is a racist, where the reality is it's a bloody disaster waiting to happen, saying that not waiting to happen, it already has happened.

It's simple common sense, what he is saying pre 2000 30-40 thousand were coming into this country, now the last 2 years, there have been 2.5 million, and there are not enough houses or resources to cope with it.

It's quite worrying that some people think this is a good thing, and would rather bury their head in the sand, and say Farage is a racist, where the reality is it's a bloody disaster waiting to happen, saying that not waiting to happen, it already has happened.
Forget brown people hiding under your bed for a minute, what’s your views on Westminster owing the Welsh government over £4b? Things like that bother me more than Farages bogeymen.

All parties concede that immigration is an issue that requires addressing, he’s not saying anything new, he’s just the only mainstreamer that harnesses the fear of brown people to whip up the clan.
Whip up the clan? :)

And I think this is one of the main problems, some people without any foresight to see the way the country is heading, that's it's doomed for disaster. Would try and virtue signal. It's pretty worrying, and also very alarming people think like this.

Forget brown people hiding under your bed for a minute, what’s your views on Westminster owing the Welsh government over £4b? Things like that bother me more than Farages bogeymen.
I'm unaware of that, is it something to do with HS2 funding?

I'm unaware of that, is it something to do with HS2 funding?
You need to get out of your farage / right wing echo chamber and see what’s really going on, what should really matter to you as a Welsh person. It’s frightening that you and people like you put all your energy into hating migrants and ignore everything else.

Have a look at this article.

While I can see what appear to obvious concerns about the immigration numbers, it does not help when you have charlatans like Farage inciting hate by camouflaging facts with hysteria.

This is funny, just look at her face as soon as Farage responds, she suddenly realises that she has not got a clue what she is talking about.. :)

Absolutely delicious to watch.
In fairness, I've looked at her face, and to me, she seems to be listening respectfully to his response to her question and nothing more... 🤷‍♂️

Does Farage give a clear picture on anything then? A complete talking horse without substance, great ideas with not a clue on how he's gonna pay for it.
Besides that I can't stand him!

The local reform candidate today trotting the "did you see what Channel 4 did to us"...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back