• ***IMPORTANT*** SOME PASSWORDS NOT WORKING

There has been some issues with user passwords. Some users may need to reset their passwords to login to the forum. Please use the password reset option when logging in. If you do experience issues and find our account is locked then please email admin@jackarmy.net Thanks

General Election ...

stable political system, when has a left wing government ever been stable.. Sir Keir isn't a left wing choice.. left wing governments usually end in civil wars
I’ll have to reread my post, didn’t realise I’d mentioned left-wing or Starmer. But I think you missed the point anyway.

I’ll have to reread my post, didn’t realise I’d mentioned left-wing or Starmer. But I think you missed the point anyway.
That you believe Sir Keir is going to ride in like a knight in shining armour and sort out irreparable damage to f*cking everything.. debt, debt and more debt

He does that. He thinks he’s edgy. Poor dab.

I'm not the one who is waving an imaginary wand and thinks everything is sorted now.. Starmer is going to wave an imaginary wand now and somehow, the European union will let us in with open arms.. just to process us with all the legislation will take years.. you both know this

Plus it'll take another democratic vote across the country to decide if we want to rejoin

I'm not the one who is waving an imaginary wand and thinks everything is sorted now.. Starmer is going to wave an imaginary wand now and somehow, the European union will let us in with open arms.. just to process us with all the legislation will take years.. you both know this
The EU would welcome us back a lot easier if we adopted PR because we would be more stable and you wouldn’t have crackpots like Johnson et al taking us down these crazy populist and authoritarian paths.

PR would not be without its problems and selecting a government could take an age but it would be more even and representative and therefore more stable. It’s not a left v right argument.

My original point re Farage remains - he would push for PR because it would quite rightly give him more MP’s, but the irony for him is that it would drag us closer to, and eventually back in to, the EU.

Whoop!

The EU would welcome us back a lot easier if we adopted PR because we would be more stable and you wouldn’t have crackpots like Johnson et al taking us down these crazy populist and authoritarian paths.

PR would not be without its problems and selecting a government could take an age but it would be more even and representative and therefore more stable. It’s not a left v right argument.

My original point re Farage remains - he would push for PR because it would quite rightly give him more MP’s, but the irony for him is that it would drag us closer to, and eventually back in to, the EU.

Whoop!

I know it's not left vs right..

it'll take years before it even gets a mention.. we're what we're called f*cked for years.. you two know this an all

Whoop!
Cry more we are not going back. Brexit is done, and I tell you something else my little purple haired lefty just stop oil loving loon Labour will not get in next time.

I've got a question on PR, and this isn't party political, it's a procedural matter.
One of the arguements trotted out by anti PR people is that it would leave a gap where the constituency MP role used to be. You know, sorting out constituents' problems, righting wrongs and the like.
What would replace it? You can't really have geographic constituencies where a PR system is installed.
In the most basic PR format, each political party would have to submit a list of 650 candidates in order of preference, then they would get the number of MPs their share of the vote dictated.
So, for example, if the Lib Dems got 10% of the national vote, they would get 65 MPs i.e. the first 65 names on their submitted list, and so on.
There's no geographic representation implicit in that.
So who would do the MP's old role? A new department in the county councils, perhaps?

Cry more we are not going back. Brexit is done, and I tell you something else my little purple haired lefty just stop oil loving loon Labour will not get in next time.
What's wrong with having purple hair?
Ginger hair fair enough...

Coventry City v Swansea City

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Back